The question “what to give to friends for a wedding” baffles many. And in fact – and what to give? I don’t want banal gifts – blankets, wine glasses in boxes and irons. Yes, and money is awkward somehow. What if they are offended? What can you give your friends and how can you surprise them?
- We fulfill the dream of the “spouses”! The newlyweds probably have a common dream. For example, give up on an island and spend a couple of weeks alone with each other near the ocean, sipping coconut milk through straws. Or look at your favorite city from a bird’s eye view, and then jump with a parachute. Or maybe they dream of two mountain bikes and a joint bike trip to the mountains? Do the necessary “detective” work among their relatives – and go ahead, for a gift!
- Aquarium with fish. It all depends on financial capabilities. It may be a small but original goldfish aquarium. Or a huge aquarium with all the necessary system and rare gorgeous fish. In any case, the gift will come in handy – beautiful, solid, symbolic (“to money that will not be transferred in the house”).
- And still money! If nothing original comes to mind, or the newlyweds have transparently hinted at empty pockets, then why not – give money. Just do not stuff them into a white envelope – make a gift non-trivial. For example, order a beautiful, respectable photo album, fill it with photographs of the newlyweds and of them in the company of friends, and put the bills in a separate pocket on the cover. Or, for example, arrange a gift in the form of a panel under glass – “for a wife’s fur coat”, “for a husband on fishing rods” and “for children on booties.” Or fill a beautiful basket with small heads of cabbage (with a hint), and hide the envelope with money at the bottom (just do not forget to whisper in your friends’ ear that you should sort out the cabbage before midnight). You can also use the version of the money tree, boxes in a box, etc. Turn on your imagination!
- Bed linen and pillows seem like a practical gift to you? So be it. But, again, in the original version: order your gift at a photo studio. Let the pictures of smiling newlyweds or their dreams be on the pillows and blanket.
- If you have enough funds, then a gift can be flight in a hot air balloon and, as a continuation of the “banquet”, rest, for example, in a spa or water park… Let your friends remember your gift. Afraid of heights and dislike water slides? Too modern? Order them tickets to a concert of their favorite artist, pay for train tickets and a room in a hotel “for lovers”.
- Horseback riding with a photo session. Pleasant memories and positive emotions are guaranteed. A two-hour horse ride, white horses, a professional photo session, and then 1-2 days in a country house with a fireplace and a full refrigerator of goodies – just for two.
- Fireworks from butterflies. It should be noted that it is a very popular gift that always evokes a lot of positive emotions. Large tropical butterflies “suddenly” fly out of a prepared gift box – a fascinating sight. Just clarify all the nuances of transportation and awakening of butterflies (they sleep in the cold, and for the showiness of a gift the butterflies should be awakened by first “warming up” the box). You can pack butterflies in one large box or give each guest a small one. The most spectacular will be the “fireworks” – butterflies released from the boxes at the same time. For example, during the first dance of the newlyweds.
- Gift certificates (for good dishes, furniture, household appliances, etc.). Of course, we decorate the gift in the most unusual way – we give it to the designer or turn on the imagination. For example, in a basket with 2 custom-made personalized glasses, a bottle of expensive champagne and sweets / fruits. Or in a designer box filled with dried flowers.
- Painting with the image of the newlyweds. Of course, we work for the positive – we materialize the dream of the newlyweds. That is, the dream of the newlyweds in the picture must be present without fail. The form can be any – in the form of a cartoon, a huge canvas on a half-wall or an antique painting. We select the frame according to the content, and on the reverse side of the picture there is a cache with an envelope “Family stash”.
- Horseshoe for luck. The gift will become original if you approach its creation with imagination. Let it be a horseshoe made of precious metal. Or, as in the old days – from blued steel. We decorate it solidly, supplement it with an original congratulation and a toy made of flowers (we order it in any floristic salon with an eye on the hobbies of the newlyweds).
And do not forget to “throw the bait” to future spouses. It is quite possible that they dream of quite traditional things – for example, a home brewery, a huge TV set, or a honeymoon trip “along the Golden Ring of Russia”.
See also: What gifts should not be given to anyone and why?
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!