10 easy ways to get rid of leg swelling
Every day, women spend a lot of time on their feet, as a result of which they suffer from edema. This problem applies not only to lovers of high heels, but also to fans of ballet flats. There are a lot of reasons for the appearance of edema, ranging from a drunken alcoholic cocktail at a party yesterday to serious heart problems or diabetes mellitus.
The COLADY editorial staff presents you with useful tips to help you quickly get rid of swelling on your feet.
COLADY Magazine warns! Self-medication is dangerous to your health. A specialist consultation is required.
10 ways to get rid of leg swelling
- Organization of the correct movement regimen against leg edema
If you have a sedentary job, try to get up from behind the worker every half hour, do a few physical exercises, or just walk around the office. If possible, then get to work on foot or by bike, visit the pool.
- Limiting carbohydrate and salt intake to relieve leg swelling
Excessive carbohydrate and salt intake can cause swelling in your feet, so try to minimize your intake of these foods.
- Get rid of leg swelling by limiting certain medications
Try to use diuretics and laxatives as little as possible. Abuse of them can have quite serious consequences.
- Eliminate swelling in the legs with the correct drinking regimen
Drink as much water as possible, at least 1.5 liters per day. It helps flush salts out of your body.
- Herbal decoctions against leg edema
Drink herbal tea as many herbs have diuretic properties. For example: lingonberry leaf, chamomile, marigold leaves, etc. Parsley has excellent diuretic properties. To get rid of swelling of the legs, pour dry parsley leaves with hot water and infuse for 20 minutes. The resulting infusion, cool and drink three times a day, one glass.
- “Ambulance” – exercise against leg swelling
Lie on your back and rest your feet on a pillow or rolled-up blanket. In this case, the heels should be 12 cm higher than the heart. When you are in this position, the fluid accumulated in the legs enters the cardiovascular system, the kidneys, and then is excreted from the body. Repeat this exercise several times a day for 10-15 minutes.
- Weight Loss – Prevention of Leg Swelling
If you are overweight, then you should think about losing weight. Being overweight puts a lot of stress on your veins, which slows down the drainage of fluids from your body. And this can cause not only swelling of the ankles and legs, but also such a serious disease as varicose veins.
- Contrast foot bath against swelling
Use two buckets of water to reduce swelling in your feet. In one it is hot, and in the other it is cold, but not icy. First, we keep our feet in hot water for about 10 minutes, then 30 seconds. in the cold. This procedure must be repeated several times a day.
- Sports will help eliminate leg swelling
Exercise regularly. Exercise improves blood circulation in the body. Here are some of the most effective exercises for you:
- Sit on a chair or bench. Try to pick up small objects (beads, buttons, coins, etc.) from the floor using your toes;
- Stand on a step so that your weight is transferred to the front of your feet and your heel is off the ground. Keep your back straight. Bring your heels down and then return to the starting position. This exercise must be repeated 3-4 times;
- Sitting on a chair or sofa, squeeze and unclench your toes. Repeat the exercise until you feel a little tired.
- Creams for edema of the feet
Also, special creams, which include menthol and lavender, help to get rid of swelling of the feet. These drugs have a refreshing effect. Such creams have a very pleasant smell, besides, they are no less pleasant to apply, and they act instantly.
If none of the above methods did not help for any reason, then it is worth contacting a specialist… Perhaps you suffer from any disease, the timely detection of which is the key to successful treatment.
We warn you it is not necessary to treat edema with ice compresses… This can seriously harm your health, since such procedures are enormous stress for the vessels.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!