Disputes about the dangers and benefits of a computer for kids do not subside from the very appearance of this new technology product in our apartments. Moreover, no one even discusses the issue of time spent at the monitor (everyone knows that the less often, the healthier), but we are talking about specific harm and attachment, which is already equated with serious addiction… What is the harm of a computer for a child, and how to determine that it is time to “treat” addiction?
The content of the article:
Types of computer addiction in a child, video – you need to know the enemy by sight!
It is known two forms of computer addiction (main):
- Setegolism is a form of addiction to the Internet itself. Who is a seteholic? This is a person who cannot imagine himself without going online. In virtual worlds, he spends 10 to 14 (or even more) hours a day. What to do on the Internet does not matter to them. Social networks, chats, music, dating – one flows into the other. Such people are usually sloppy, emotionally unstable. They constantly check their mail, look forward to the next time they go online, every day they devote less and less time to the real world, spend real money on the Internet on virtual illusory “joys” without regret.
- Cyberdiction is a form of addiction to computer games. It can, in turn, be divided into two types: role-playing and non-role-playing games. In the first case, a person completely breaks away from reality, in the second, the goal is to gain points, excitement, and win.
10 signs of computer addiction in a child – how to know if a child is addicted to a computer?
We all remember the cases of people’s dependence on slot machines – the last money was lost, families collapsed, loved ones, work, real life went into the background. The roots of computer addiction are the same: regular stimulation of the pleasure center in the human brain leads to the fact that a gradually formed ailment displaces from a person’s needs everything that is not related to his favorite pastime. It is even more difficult with children – the addiction is stronger, and the impact on health is double. What are the signs of this addiction in a child?
- The child transcends time bounds on computer use. And, in the end, it is possible to take the computer away from the child only with a scandal.
- The child ignores all household chores, including even his duties – to clean the room, hang things in the closet, clean up the dishes.
- The child prefers the Internet to holidays, communication with family and friends.
- The child sits on the web even during lunch and in the bathroom…
- If a child’s laptop is taken away, he immediately goes online through the phone…
- The child constantly makes new acquaintances on the Internet.
- Due to the time that the child spends on the Internet, studies begin to suffer: homework remains unfinished, teachers complain of academic failure, negligence and absent-mindedness.
- Left offline, the child becomes irritable. and even aggressive.
- The child does not know what to do if there is no way to go online.
- You do not know what exactly the child is doing on the Internet., and any of your questions on this topic, the child perceives with hostility.
The harm of a computer to children is possible physical and mental abnormalities in a computer-dependent child.
The psyche and physical health of a child is much weaker and “precarious” than that of adults. And harm from a computer, in the absence of due attention of parents to this issue, can become very serious. What exactly is the danger of a computer for a child? The opinion of experts …
- Radiation of electromagnetic waves… For children, the harm of radiation is twice as dangerous – in the “long term” your favorite laptop can come back to haunt with endocrine diseases, disorders in the brain, a gradual decrease in immunity and even oncology.
- Mental stress. Pay attention to your child at the moment of his complete immersion in the virtual world – the child does not hear or see anyone, forgets about everything, is tense to the limit. The child’s psyche at this moment is under severe stress.
- Spiritual harm. A child is “plasticine” from which a person is molded according to the information that the baby absorbs from the outside. And “from the outside”, in this case – the Internet. And a rare case when a child uses a laptop for self-education, combing educational games and reading books. As a rule, the child’s attention is focused on the information from which mom and dad in real life fenced him off. The immorality that creeps out of the Internet is firmly rooted in the mind of the child.
- Dependence on the Internet and computer games is replacing the need to read books. The level of education, literacy is falling, the outlook is limited to games, forums, social networks and abbreviated versions of books from the school curriculum. The child stops thinking, because there is no need for this – everything can be found on the Web, spell check in the same place, and solve problems there.
- The need for communication is lost. The real world fades into the background. Real friends and close people are becoming less needed than thousands of likes under photos and thousands of “friends” in social networks.
- When replacing the real world with a virtual one, the child loses the ability to communicate with people. On the Internet, he is a self-confident “hero”, but in reality he cannot connect even two words, keeps himself apart, is not able to establish contact with peers. All traditional moral values are losing their significance, and they are being replaced by the “Albany language”, networked impunity, low desires and zero aspirations. It is even more dangerous when the child’s consciousness begins to be influenced by information from resources of a pornographic nature, sectarian, ritual, Nazi, etc.
- Eyesight deteriorates catastrophically. Even with a good expensive monitor. First, eye pain and redness, then decreased vision, double vision, dry eye syndrome and more serious eye diseases.
- A sedentary lifestyle affects the fragile spine and muscles. Muscles weaken, become lethargic. The spine is bent – there is a stoop, scoliosis, and then osteochondrosis. Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most popular problems in PC addicts. Its signs are severe pain in the wrist area.
- Fatigue increases, irritability and aggressiveness increase, and the body’s resistance to diseases decreases.
- Headaches appear, sleep is disturbed, dizziness and darkening in the eyes become almost the norm due to its frequency.
- There are problems with blood vessels. Which is especially fraught with consequences for children with VSD.
- Overstrain of the cervical spine leads to poor blood supply to the brain and its oxygen deprivation. As a result, migraines, apathy, absent-mindedness, fainting, etc.
- The lifestyle of a child who constantly sits at a computer will be very difficult to change later. Not only sports – even an ordinary walk in the fresh air, necessary for a young body, is rejected for the sake of the world wide web. Appetite decreases, growth slows down, problems with body weight arise.
Of course, a computer is not a terrible monster, and in many ways it can become a useful technique and a learning aid. But only if it is used for the benefit of the child under the vigilant supervision of the parents and strictly in time. Teach your child to draw information from books and scientific films, in the outside world. And teach him to enjoy life, so that there is no need to look for this pleasure on the Internet.
Have you had similar situations in your family life? And how did you get out of them? Share your stories in the comments below!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!