A person who looks presentable, successful and well-groomed always inspires affection and trust. The image of respectability contributes to the rapid establishment of contacts, the emergence of understanding, the location of the opposite sex, etc.
And to look like that, you don’t have to be the daughter of an oil tycoon – you just need to know a few secrets for creating your expensive and stylish look.
The content of the article:
12 lessons on creating an “expensive” look – style lessons for every day
Of course, when you have money, everything is easier. You can contact a stylist who will help you with creating an image, take a course of procedures in a beauty salon, choose expensive clothes in a fashion boutique, etc.
Alas, for most of our citizens, such expenses are not in the wallet.
But this is not a reason to give up, because there are many ways to look expensive without investing a lot of money.
The most important style lessons for your look:
- White and black. When choosing your look for the day, stick to one color in your clothes – neutral. All in white or all in black. Play with fabric textures will add sophistication. And, of course, take care of your hairstyle – it should look like you just left the salon.
- Monochrome. Option for those who do not like monotony in the image. Choosing a monochrome wardrobe. We take one color as a basis, and then tastefully (!) “Layer” other elements of clothing in shades of the selected color. The emphasis is on the texture of the fabrics. For example, suede and knitwear, wool and leather, or silk with jeans.
- Clothes to order. It is not necessary to go to the atelier. You can find a talented seamstress in your city and outside the atelier. We draw an exclusive sketch (to the best of our ability) ourselves, and then give it to the seamstress and wait for the masterpiece. This method will help to dilute the wardrobe not with the same type of “market” things, but with stylish and fashionable ones that no one else will have.
- Timeless style. It is not necessary to “run” for seasonal trends, the best choice is the classics, which always remain timeless. This option allows you to look expensive and makes it easier to create your own fashionable image. For example, we wear dark branded jeans and a nice V-neck T-shirt. Add the right shoes and accessories to the look.
- Finishing accent. In this case, we are talking about the details that complete the image. Just putting on a fashionable set of clothes is not enough, you must definitely add, for example, a stylish hat, trench coat or raincoat. A small but important nuance, which, moreover, can be removed at any time.
- Gold. We are not fond of jewelry. The main secret of the jewelry part of the image is a little, but expensive. There is no need to hang on yourself the whole box of diamonds, chains and rings – one expensive bracelet or chain with a pendant is enough. In the absence of funds for gold, we choose high-quality branded jewelry (not market jewelry!). However, silver copyright work is always in trend! Cheaper, more affordable and also effective.
- “Geometric” bags. Any woman knows that one of the most important items in the image is a high-quality expensive bag, which must necessarily fit your ensemble. Do not skimp on bags – do not take them on benches near the house, “where are cheaper.” If the salary does not allow, it is better to take 1-2 handbags, but they are expensive and universal. That is, suitable for any look. It is better to choose models made of smooth leather, preferably geometric. And, of course, with a minimum of detail.
- Light print. Not obtrusive, bright and large-scale, but light, emphasizing your style. For example, vertical or horizontal stripes.
- Your personal style. No decorations? No closet packed tightly with a mountain of expensive things? No problem! We create a harmonious image from what is. The main task is to create your own unique style by adding a few catchy details. For example, a fashionable hat, scarf, wide belt, gloves, etc.
- Updating the old wardrobe! Today there are a sea of ways to give old things a second life: to make beautiful fashionable shorts out of old trousers, to update knocked toes of shoes with rhinestones, to decorate old frayed jeans with embroidery, beads or other decor, to sew a lot of fashionable pockets on worn shirts, etc. magic basket with needlework – and voila! The new fashionable look is ready!
- Spectacular hairstyle. Even beautiful, but simply loose hair is far from a sign of an “expensive” image. The hairstyle should look like you jumped out of the beauty salon 5 minutes ago and ran on on business. Start each day with styling. Search the Web for hairstyles that are right for you and that you can do yourself. Don’t forget about hair care! The “dear” woman’s hair is always in a gorgeous condition, shines with a healthy shine, and is beautifully styled.
- Cosmetics. One of the ways to highlight the dignity and, as you know, to hide skin imperfections. It is necessary to use cosmetics only in compliance with this rule and, of course, to a minimum, and not in “3 layers of plaster”.
And don’t forget about perfume! Choose fragrances that are delicate and sophisticated – sophisticated, not sugary.
How to look expensive and well-groomed without too much expense?
Image, of course, does not “decide everything,” as they say. But a lot depends on the image. Indeed, at all times we are greeted “by clothes” – from business to personal life.
It is important to always be in good shape and keep your finger on the pulse!
To your attention – a few more secrets for creating an image with “singing finances” in the wallet:
- Have you bought a new inexpensive item? Add some polish to it with details. For example, expensive beautiful buttons. Today in shops “for sewing” there are real masterpieces of buttons.
- If you embarked on the fashionable path of a dear woman, do not use knitwear in the image. In public, anyway. Also pass by suede.
- Fashion trends are in the background! An elegant classic should be your beacon. Buy yourself a black “little dress” – it fits well even if it is full, a jacket, pencil skirt, jacket and a few more classic things that you can work with further, depending on the look you create.
- We select bags, belts and shoes exclusively from genuine leather. You can’t spare money for this. How to distinguish genuine leather from artificial leather when buying things?
- The polyester lining on the coat can be replaced with a silk one.
- Particular attention to hairstyle, make-up, choice of perfume – and, of course, on hands. Hands of a dear woman are always well-groomed, tidy, without “tiptoes” and with a beautiful fresh manicure.
- We do not buy things on the market. Quit this bad habit and never return to it. On sales in fashion stores (which happen twice a year), you can buy quality clothes with solid discounts.
- Don’t rake everything up by going shopping. Learn to deny yourself stupidity and unnecessary trash so that you have enough money for worthwhile things.
- Don’t buy cheap perfumes. Don’t buy too sweet perfume. Do not pour half a bottle of perfume on yourself at a time. The scent should be light and refined.
- Get rid of bad habits, gestures and words. A dear woman will never allow herself to smoke like a steam locomotive in public, spit, swear and drink more than half a glass of wine in any company. A dear woman is always cultured, polite and a “born” diplomat.
- When purchasing things, carefully check their quality – seams, lining, all zippers and buttons.
- No arrows on tights, holes in socks, clues and pellets on clothes, old underwear, and outstretched knees on trousers or sweatpants. You should always look like a queen. Even if you spend the whole day at home alone, taking out the trash or running out for bread.
Mistakes in striving to look expensive and well-groomed – how to avoid bad taste and vulgarity?
Everyone is familiar with the word “vulgarity”. But, unfortunately, not everyone remembers about him, choosing an image for the day to come.
This word became very popular among aristocrats after the revolution in France: this label was hung on representatives from the bourgeois class, who had neither blue bloods, nor knowledge and traditions, nor an appropriate upbringing.
In our time, the “symptoms” of vulgarity have changed somewhat, but still the essence has remained the same.
So, what not to do if you want to be a dear woman – your potential image mistakes:
- Too flashy, bright, inept makeup. We remind you once again – beauty should be natural! That is, we carefully and discreetly emphasize the advantages and equally carefully hide the shortcomings. And nothing more! Only a high-quality thoughtful make-up can become your “weapon”, but not the war paint of a girl from the village, who first got into the hands of cosmetics.
- Unnatural hair color. No green and purple, as well as red and blue “overflow”. It is “fashionable” for a girl of about 15 years old, but not for an adult “dear” woman. Tired of the monotony? There are tons of opportunities to change your hairstyle – haircut, curling, coloring and highlighting, etc.
- Don’t go overboard with your manicure. Yes, nails should be well-groomed and beautiful, but not overgrown with a lot of sparkles, pebbles, etc. The ideal option is a stylish classic jacket on oval or square nails (not triangular, not pointed!).
- Forget eyelash extensions and creepy painted (instead of plucked) eyebrows! Be closer to the image that Mother Nature gave you.
- Too much naked body. A dress with an open back is a good option for going out with a gentleman. But not for shopping. You should also forget about too deep neckline, too short skirt-shorts and other things that reveal to the public what should be hidden from view.
- Bad taste is the main enemy. If you do not know how to walk in stiletto heels and high heels, choose another shoe. Thick platforms are for teens. A disheveled hippie look for teens. Dress with sneakers – for teenagers. A translucent blouse with a solid excess weight is tasteless. A tight dress with a too skinny figure is tasteless.
- No rhinestones or sequins on your clothes if there are too many of them. The accent in the image should be on one thing! If you sparkle like a Christmas tree, talking about style is inappropriate. Wearing a bright scarf? Stop only on it. No more bright details in the image. Decided to wear a sweater with a print? Pick up everything else in the 1st color, black or white.
- Skin substitutes are a categorical taboo. Everything should be natural. Ruffles, bows, an abundance of lace – also “in the firebox”.
- If you decide to slightly reveal any part of the body, adding seductiveness to the image, choose either legs, or a neckline, or shoulders. Opening everything at once is the height of vulgarity.
- Be careful with red! Yes, he is winning, “expensive” and attracting attention. But only under certain conditions: you have an ideal figure, there is not too much red, the image is laconic, competent and complete.
- Coarse mesh tights, with “original patterns”, with a seal in the form of “cats”, etc. are vulgar! Choose the classics!
Well, one more piece of advice:
When shaping your new expensive image, make allowances for age, body shape, color type, etc.
And find time for healthy sleep, sports, hairdresser, body care.
If you liked our article and you have any thoughts about this, please share with us. Your opinion is very important for us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!