Allergy is a disease of megacities. Earlier, in times far from urbanization, people did not get covered with a rash after eating strawberries, and did not sneeze from cat hair. Today, every second baby is allergic. Symptoms of this disease can be not only a rash, but also redness, and persistent diaper rash, which cannot be treated with anything, and swelling.
The content of the article:
6 main causes of allergy on the bottom of a baby-infant – can you avoid allergy on the buttocks of a newborn?
Young children quite often suffer from this disease, and there can be a lot of reasons for its occurrence.
The most common reason Is food intolerance. If the child is still breastfed, then, most likely, the rash on the pope is a reaction to the mother’s violation of the hypoallergenic diet.
- Keep a diarywhere you write down everything you eat.
- Introduce a new product to the menu no more than once every 3-5 days… For example, if you start drinking cow’s milk, then in the next five days, do not try anything new, and watch the reaction of the baby’s body. If everything is in order, then you can enter the next product. This rule applies not only to the nutrition of a nursing mother, but also to the introduction of complementary foods. With this control, the allergen is easiest to detect and to cope with the terrible disease.
- Despite the fact that any ingredient can be an allergen, doctors distinguish the following food groups.
Allergens, the use of which should be avoided:
- Smoked meats
- Sweets, confectionery
- Fish, especially fatty
- Coffee, cocoa
Potential allergens to limit consumption:
- Potatoes, due to the large amount of starch
- Gluten-containing foods – bread, pasta, baked goods.
- Red fruits and vegetables: tomatoes, red apples, carrots, pumpkin.
But identifying an allergen is still half the problem, since this ailment has its own workarounds. So, more recently, scientists have found out that the disease of civilization is characterized by a cross reaction. For example, with intolerance to cow’s milk protein, there is an allergy to beef and cow products, up to medications from the horn and hooves. And if you are allergic to eggs, rashes may appear after eating chicken meat.
A rash on the bottom can be a symptom of an allergy to pollen, dust and pet hair.
Analyze when the skin problems began, and, perhaps, their onset coincides with the beginning of flowering of birches, poplars, flowers, or with the appearance of a kitten in the house. Try to keep the baby and the allergen separate. If this is not possible, then more often carry out wet cleaning and ventilate the rooms.
Allergy to baby cosmetics.
Often moms buy a sea of diaper creams, oils, foams and lotions for delicate skin. But many of them cause breakouts on the treated areas of the skin. It is worth giving up cosmetics altogether if your baby’s buttocks are covered with a rash. Moreover, doctors assure that a healthy child does not need any cosmetics.
Another reason is diaper allergy.
It also happens that after buying a new pack of diapers, the baby’s bottom is painted in a bright color. In this case, you need to urgently change the brand of diapers and, if possible, spend more time on air baths.
Allergy to household chemicals.
Babies have delicate skin that is very sensitive to everything that comes in contact with it. Therefore, even things washed with aggressive means can harm the child.
To save yourself from an allergy to chemistry, you need:
- Choose only hypoallergenic, proven powders or concentrated detergents for washing children’s clothes.
- Thoroughly rinse clothes and diapers, and when washing in the machine, select the super rinse program.
- Do not wash children’s and adult clothes together.
- Iron the baby’s things on both sides.
Children have an accelerated metabolism, so they warm up faster and sweat faster. The consequences of overheating are especially severe in babies dressed in disposable or reusable diapers. After all, diapers create a cocoon in which the temperature exceeds the environment by 5-10⁰С. Thus, the child can just boil his butt. Why the latter is covered with pimples.
To prevent pruritus:
- Don’t let your child sweat.
- Dress it up for the weather.
- Ventilate the room more often.
- Give your child an air bath.
- Bathe in warm, not hot, water. Doctors recommend a temperature for bathing children of -37⁰С.
Folk remedies for allergies on the bottom of a child
You can treat allergies with medications, or you can use effective folk remedies. But when using the magical power of herbs, pay attention to the fact that traditional medicine is fraught with the danger of double action.
In addition to the desired effect, many agents have a number of undesirable properties.
- A decoction of a string and chamomile. These herbs have a calming and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, such a decoction dries out the skin, which comes in handy for allergic prickly heat.
- Nettle infusion is effective in wiping the rashes with it.
- A decoction of calendula and oak bark in a duet also has good results in the fight against allergies. With this tool you need to wipe redness.
- A decoction of viburnum bark. Pour two tablespoons of chopped bark with a glass of boiled water and leave for half an hour. Then boil the resulting infusion and strain it through cheesecloth. Dilute the concentrated product with one glass of water and rub it over the inflamed skin.
Do not use plants collected with your own hands – they may not be chemically and environmentally friendly enough. Buy only pharmaceutical herbs for the preparation of infusions and decoctions.
Do not use the following herbs:
For adults, these plants may be beneficial, but for a small child they are dangerous.
If you suspect allergies in children, always seek help from a pediatrician, because a small organism is more sensitive to treatment. Any, even the weakest, medications can harm the child. Moreover, allergy treatment is a complex process that requires not only identifying an allergen and determining an adequate treatment, but also determining a hypoallergenic diet.
Do not risk the health of your children, entrust their treatment to professionals!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!