There is no house in which there is no upholstered furniture, so the problem of staining and greasy fabric is known to everyone. We have learned from professional upholsterers how to clean upholstered furniture at home or make it easier to clean sofas at home and share this useful information with you.
COLADY will tell you how to clean upholstered furniture at home (armchairs, sofas).
See also: Best home remedies for removing stains from wood and lacquered furniture.
How to clean upholstered furniture with your own hands?
- Simply vacuuming is ineffective, it is better to wrap its attachment with gauze soaked in salt solution (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water). Such cleaning not only cleans up better, but also renews the color of the surface.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner on velor and velvet sofasbecause the pile may deteriorate.
- If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner at hand, you can remember the “old” method – cover the furniture with a cloth dipped in an aqueous solution of vinegar and salt (2 teaspoons of salt +1 teaspoon of vinegar per liter of water) and knock out. And so repeat until the knockout cloth stops getting dirty from the surface to be cleaned.
- For cleaning lightly greasy upholstered furniture you can use a neutral soap solution. Wipe the furniture with a cotton towel soaked in the solution. Do not forget that the movements when cleaning the sofa with your own hands should be performed in the same direction.
- If you do not know how to clean your sofa, you can use professional chair cleaners… Such foam is applied to furniture, wait for drying and vacuum cleaned.
- Test the new cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area.… This will help to avoid unpleasant surprises and predict the result.
- If you want to use 2 cleaning products, then you need to wait a couple of hours to prevent mixing.
See also: How to clean mirrors and glass with your own hands – all the secrets of a good housewife.
Cleaning of upholstered furniture with leather, velor, suede, fabric, tapestry upholstery – all the secrets of housewives
- Leatherette or leather furniture cleaning is not difficult, the main thing is not to soak too much. You can use a special product and wipes for the skin, or you can try a folk recipe with egg white. To do this, wipe down the upholstery and spread the beaten egg white over the leather. It will add shine to the fabric and hide the wear and tear. In addition to egg white, you can use homemade milk. If there are wine stains on your skin, you can remove them with an alcohol wipe. Stains from pens or markers are removed with tape or ethyl alcohol.
- Velor furniture clean effectively with a microfiber cloth soaked in soapy water or vinegar solution (1 teaspoon per 1 liter of water). At the same time, try not to press and move in the direction of the pile so as not to damage the villi. Animal hair easily adheres to velor, which must be removed with a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush. Difficult stains should not be removed by yourself; it is better to use dry cleaning services.
- Suede or nubuck upholstered furniture should be cleaned with a special non-stiff suede brush that removes dust and grease stains. Stubborn grease can be removed with a 10% alcohol solution, salt or an eraser. By the way, additional dirt-repellent impregnations are sold for suede upholstery.
- For tapestry surfaces of armchairs or sofas dry vacuuming is preferable, otherwise it may discolor or wear out quickly. If dry brushing does not remove all the dirt, you can do wet brushing with shampoo. In this case, not a solution, but a foam is applied to the surface.
- If the rest of the family underestimates your work and contaminates the upholstery weekly, then you should consider buying removable covers… They protect furniture from everyday pollution and are easy to wash in the automatic mode.
See also: How to get rid of the smell of cigarettes in the apartment – the best home remedies.
How to remove stains from upholstered furniture with soda – video
How do you clean upholstered furniture? Let us know in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!