9 tips to make perfume last longer
It’s not a secret for anyone that in the warm and cold seasons of the year the same aroma is revealed in different ways, having completely different shades. In winter, taking into account the unstable weather, frequent precipitation in the form of snow and frost, as well as layering of clothes, women choose aromas that are warm, sweetish, with hints of spices, because they are more expressive and persistent in cold weather.
COLADY will tell you how to make the scent of perfume more persistent.
Read also: Perfume testers and perfume originals – which is better?
- The right choice of winter scent. When choosing aromas for winter, give preference to woody aromas (cedar, patchouli, sandalwood), chypre aromas. A perfume for winter should have oriental motives – notes of vanilla and spices, cinnamon, musk, amber. Fragrances for winter, which are recommended by perfumers, can soothe and warm, they endow both the owner and everyone around her with a sense of comfort. A correctly chosen winter version of your fragrance will allow you to stay stylish in winter, give you individuality and help you endure the cold calmly and confidently.
- The intensity of the aroma. In the cold season, perfumes, perfumes become less persistent. Why? In cold weather, the temperature of the skin decreases, and accordingly, the scent of perfume is dulled. If the trail of the previously applied perfume still remains in the folds of the clothes, then the skin no longer retains its aroma, and you have to “touch up” it more often than, for example, in the warm season. What to do? And the point, according to connoisseurs-perfumers, again – in the right choice of aroma for the winter. Take a closer look at your perfume bottle. If you notice on it abbreviation EDT, You are the owner of eau de toilette. If there’s letters EDP, you have eau de parfum. What is the difference? And the difference is precisely in the intensity of the aroma: eau de parfum is more persistent, and it must be chosen for use in winter. So that you do not have to give up your favorite scents in favor of other, more intense ones, perfumers release both toilet and eau de parfum water under the same brand – carefully consider the bottles when buying and read the abbreviation.
- The effect of layering different scents in winter. In the cold season, our skin has a great need to care for it – we use milk and body creams to nourish the skin, protect it from the cold, eliminate dryness and flaking. Having even the most unobtrusive smell, all these means, playing in one winter “ensemble”, greatly affect the sound of your perfume and can significantly weaken it, or change it. Choose skin care products, as well as unscented shampoos, deodorants, and lotions. You can also opt for a whole series of cosmetic and perfumery products of the same brand – they will definitely have the same scent, which will prolong the durability of the main winter perfume in your ensemble. If this option is not yours, then carefully select personal care products so that their aroma is close to the aroma of your main perfume.
- Ways to apply perfume correctly to prolong its longevity in winter. It is known that in summer you can apply scent to any open areas of the body – a minimum of clothing will create a fragrant trail around you, and the perfume will begin its work on creating an image. In winter, under the multi-layered clothing, even a fair amount of perfume will leave it under the top coat or fur coat, not letting it out. How do you create a scent trail in your winter clothes?
- Firstly, do not try to put perfume on a fur coat or coat collar – tomorrow you will want to change the scent, and outerwear will betray your yesterday’s, mixing smells.
- Secondly, Perfume in winter should be applied to the skin in the area behind the earlobes, on the wrists. A few aromatic touches can be left on the temples at the roots of the hair, as well as on the skin on the back of the neck.
- Clothing for prolonging the durability of winter perfume. To enhance the aroma of winter perfume and prolong its “sound” on you, You can apply a few drops on a scarf, a scarf, the inner side of gloves. You should not put perfume on the inner surface of the hat, as well as on outerwear – we wrote about this above. Attention: keep in mind that some types of perfume can leave yellow spots on white products, or, conversely, lighten dark clothes!
- Travel miniature versions of the perfume. If you are leaving home for an event for a long time and want your scent to accompany you all this time, take a mini-version of your scent with you. This way you will not overload your purse with a large bottle, and you will be able to “touch up” the scent all the time. It is worth noting that on sale there are both special miniature versions of fragrances, and sets, which include a small funnel and a dispenser bottle, as well as special atomizer bottles for perfumes that can collect your favorite perfume directly from a regular bottle with a spray bottle.
- Proper storage of perfume to preserve its quality and aroma longevity. Proper storage of perfumes, perfume is of no small importance. As you know, the most unstable are perfumes, they need a special approach, therefore, modern women in their choice do not stop at them so often. Storage of eau de toilette and eau de parfum should also be according to the rules:
- Do not store perfume in direct sunlight. Even room lighting can be detrimental to especially delicate scents, so perfume experts recommend hiding perfumes in a dark place, preferably in a drawer of a dressing table, where the sun’s rays do not penetrate.
- Perfume can be damaged by excessive heat. Keep the treasured bottles of fragrances away from radiators and heaters, in a cool and dry place.
- After you have applied the fragrance to yourself, you must close the bottle tightly original cap – do not ignore this step, in order to avoid oxidation of the perfume in the dispenser, and, as a result, change its aroma and properties.
- The amount of perfume. Many women believe that the amount of perfume applied is directly proportional to its longevity. But this is not at all the case. Not only that, a lady drenched in a strong aroma will cause a negative attitude towards herself, and some people around may develop an allergy to this amber. Both in summer and in winter, it is necessary to apply the same amount of perfume on oneself, and, if necessary, “tweak” it using the method from advice # 6.
- When should you wear perfume to make it last longer in winter? The most common response from women is, of course, just before going out! This answer is the most common misconception about fragrances. Perfumers claim that every perfume should “sit” on your skin – only then will it become a part of your personality. Do not forget also about the effect of “mixing” scents, which can happen if you put perfume on your clothes. The correct time to apply your scent is before you start dressing, that is, half an hour before leaving the house.
Now you know how to make the scent of perfume more persistent. Still have questions? Write us a comment.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!