A complete list of things in the pool for an adult or a child – what do you take with you for a swim?
Finally, the long-awaited day has come when you will no longer be jealous of those happy people with wet swimsuits in their bags, and you will be able to flop off the pedestal (or even from the tower) into the chlorinated water of the pool yourself. Because you have in your hand a cherished subscription or just a certificate from a doctor, allowing you to do it with a clear conscience.
It remains only to decide – what to take with you?
The content of the article:
- Documents and money
- Swimming equipment
- Towel and hygiene products
- First aid kit and cosmetic bag
- What to take to the pool additionally?
- How to pack for your pool?
Documents and money in the pool – what to take and how to keep it safe and sound?
First of all, in the pool you will need …
- Club card or classic pool pass.
- Subscriptionif you have it (and if you need it).
- Medical certificate from your therapist that you have the right to visit such institutions because you are “examined and healthy.”
- The passport. In case you get the certificate right on the spot from your local doctor.
- Money. They can be useful both for paying for the pleasure itself (if, for example, your classes are one-time), and for receiving additional services. In the end, you may want to work out in front of the pool fitness, visit the sauna – or even have a delicious lunch there, in the cafe. In addition, in some pools, even hair drying with a hairdryer is a paid service.
Swimming pool visit – pros, cons, recommendations and reviews
Video: What to take with you to the pool?
Pool Swim Equipment – Complete List of Things You Need
In principle, everyone has their own complete list of equipment, but traditions have traditions, and usually the pool cannot do without …
- Swimming trunks (for swimmers). For a man, Bermuda shorts are suitable only in case the pool is for pleasure, not training. For serious swims, Bermuda shorts are an “anchor” that will greatly slow down the movement. But slips or boxers – just right. The slips are ergonomic and do not restrict movement, and the boxers fit the body more tightly. Swimming trunks and swimwear for the pool – basic requirements and the best models
- Swimsuit (for swimmers). Which to choose? This one, consisting of two ropes with rhinestones, or that one, of 3 triangles? Neither one nor the other! Only a one-piece swimsuit that will fit the body tightly. Firstly, you are not going to a wild beach, but to a public place, and secondly, a separate swimsuit is not suitable for training at all. Requirements: one-piece, at least 10-20% lycra in the composition, the absence of unnecessary elements, including strings that can be untied or simply distract from the workout. And remember that a swimsuit is not a piece of clothing that “squeezes” the figure. A swimsuit one size or two smaller than necessary, on the contrary, will highlight all the flaws.
- Swimming cap. As much as you would like to ignore this piece of equipment, you cannot do without it, according to the rules of hygiene and use of the pool. Choose latex or silicone if you don’t want to dry your hair after swimming, but you can buy a textile one that will feel invisible (does not squeeze your head), comfortable and pleasant, but your hair will naturally get wet.
- Goggles… This accessory is not required in the list, but it will be difficult to swim underwater without glasses. Chlorinated water will react with redness and tearing of the eyes after training, and with constant such stress – and a decrease in visual acuity. So choose soft, comfortable goggles and enjoy your underwater training. In addition, it is important to choose not just comfortable glasses, but those that will not leave marks on the face, as if medical banks were put on the eyes.
- Slippers. This point is not just recommended, but mandatory. Without slippers, there is a risk of slipping or “picking up” on the way to the pool or shower fungus. For reasons of hygiene, visiting the pool without slippers is imprudent and dangerous.
Towel and hygiene products for the pool – what is right for you?
In addition to the above list of equipment, there is an additional list of items that will also be useful to you in the pool:
- Special shampoo. All swimmers are familiar with dry hair with constant exercise. To prevent hair from losing its attractiveness, choose shampoos that neutralize the harmful effects of chlorine and provide comprehensive care immediately after swimming (among the most popular are Ultra Swim, TRiswim and Lanza).
- Soap or shower gel. Using washcloth soap is a requirement, not your wish. A person who comes from the street (albeit with a certificate) must first take a shower, and only then jump into the common pool. But whether to take a shower after the pool is already your own business, but remember that chlorinated water negatively affects the condition of your hair and skin. That is, the sooner you wash off the chlorinated water, the better.
- Towel. It is extremely inconvenient to carry a giant towel with you. And you can’t wrap yourself in a small towel to get to the shower. How to be? One option is a lightweight, highly absorbent microfiber towel. The second option is a towel for rent, right on the spot, if you are a premium card holder.
First aid kit and cosmetic bag for the pool – what do you really need?
It would seem that the first aid kit in the pool is an unnecessary thing. Still, some drugs may come in handy:
- Antihistamine. Alas, allergy to components for water disinfection is a frequent occurrence.
- Ointment or spray to prevent fungus on the feet.
- Antiseptic, bandage, plasters and bruise remedy – in case of injury, which is also not uncommon in swimming pools.
As for the cosmetic bag – first of all, it must be waterproof. It is better to choose a special moisture-resistant travel bag with several compartments, in which you can hide not only cosmetics with medicines, but also gadgets with documents.
Don’t forget to bring a makeup remover with cotton pads so that you don’t have to wash the waterproof mascara that has leaked under the influence of chlorinated water for a long time and persistently.
What you can take to the pool additionally – life hacks and tips
The basic list of things for the pool is ready. Everyone chooses the rest for himself, but we will tell you what else can be useful …
- Body, face and hand cream. As you know, chlorinated water greatly dries up the skin, and after swimming in the pool, you just need to intensively moisturize it.
- Comb and rubber bands / hairpins (for ladies) so that the hair does not come out from under the cap.
- Hair dryer. If possible, it is better to take it with you, because the hairdryers in the pools are usually busy. And sometimes they are paid.
- Sports Equipment (fins, paddles, board, kolobashka, etc.). Check in advance if you can bring your own inventory, in some pools it is forbidden, or if the equipment you need is available.
- Mineral water and “something to eat”. After swimming, an appetite always wakes up. Someone replenishes energy costs right there, in a local cafe by the pool, and someone takes with them yoghurts and sandwiches. In any case, if after the pool you are forced to do business, work or study, take food with you.
- Waterproof watch for the pool. With their help, you can find out the exact time, as well as track time and distance, the number of strokes while swimming and even the number of calories burned. For example, Garmin Swim or Misfit Shine.
- Turban. An irreplaceable thing for a woman. Will save you from wet hair dripping on your clothes.
- Clean changeable underwear. After swimming and showering, putting on the same underwear is unhygienic.
- Underwater player. A great thing to keep you from getting bored when swimming long distances.
- Antifog. This tool is practically a must-have for professional swimmers. A couple of zips with this tool for glasses, and you will not face the problem of fogging during training.
- Silicone earplugs and special noseplugs. Irreplaceable items for people with frequent colds.
How to Pack Your Pool – Helpful Tips from the Connoisseur
The main problem of any person who is going home after the pool (and even more so if he is not going home, but still needs to be in time for business) is wet things. Swimming trunks / swimwear, wet towel and flip flops – all this needs to be folded somewhere. Moreover, so as not to soak the rest of the things.
What are the options?
- Put all wet things in a bag and carry it separately – or stuff it into a backpack. The bags often break and leak, and the contents of the backpack also become wet. And walking with a bunch of bags in hand (approx. – a bag for slippers, the second for a swimsuit, the third for a hat, for a towel, etc.) is very inconvenient and awkward. Therefore, this option is the most budgetary, uncomfortable and not used by people who visit the pool regularly.
- Buy special leak-proof silicone cases. You can find them in sports stores. In such cases, you can put both wet things, and, in a separate case, gadgets with documents that need to be protected from moisture.
- Buy a waterproof kayaking bag. In such a bag, you can safely remove wet things that are pre-packed in bags, then twist it on top and fasten it.
Often swimmers – or swimmers’ parents – have a question: how, in fact, should they sign things so that the initials won’t be washed away and the thing won’t float away to the new owner by mistake?
Especially considering that things are affected by moisture and chlorine, that it is extremely difficult to sign plastic glasses, and that the inscriptions can be erased by themselves simply during training.
There are 3 options here:
- The rubber cap can be easily signed from the inside with a ballpoint pen. It will not rub off or wash off.
- You can sew initial tags into your swimsuit and towel.
- Glasses and other plastic items can be signed with a permanent marker…
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article – we hope it was useful to you. Please share your feedback and advice with our readers!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!