Every girl who cannot boast of such dreams of long, thick eyelashes. It is simply impossible to exaggerate the importance of the natural beauty of eyelashes. The eyes are the mirror of the soul, in this case the eyelashes are the luxurious frame of this mirror, which gives the look of expressiveness and unearthly attractiveness.
Unfortunately, not every girl can boast of such wealth, but everyone is able to make sure that the eyelashes are healthy, and therefore long and fluffy.
What determines the length and thickness of eyelashes?
The thickness and length of eyelashes are genetically inherited traits that do not change throughout life. They are determined by the number of hair follicles. Therefore, it is important to understand that no means can increase the real volume of eyelashes, they can only help to achieve a visual increase in the density of eyelashes and their length.
- The length of the eyelashes differs from person to person. For some it is 8 mm, while for some it is all 12 mm on the upper eyelid and up to 8 mm on the lower one. It depends primarily on ethnicity and individual characteristics.
- The lifespan of eyelashes is insignificant – only 170 days. With their rapid loss, they also grow longer than any other hair on the human body.
Many women today complain of excessive eyelash loss and stunted growth. All this happens, firstly, due to improper care of them and, secondly, due to the use of low-quality cosmetics and, thirdly, due to improper nutrition and insufficient amount of vitamins.
Read also: Ophthalmologist told what beauty trends can be dangerous for the eyes
Vitamins for eyelash growth
Eyelashes are hair, 3% moisture, the other 97% is a protein substance called keratin. Therefore, if they have weakened, then they should be treated, and here any masks saturated with vitamins, nutrients and plant extracts will be very useful. Vitamin E and provitamin A take part in the formation of keratin. Therefore, if your eyelashes have become thinner, then the body of these vitamins is not enough.
To heal your eyelashes, give them a natural shine, great length and density, you should saturate the body with vitamins A and E, for example, include in your diet raw carrots, apricots, peppers, egg yolk, butter, spinach, tomatoes, liver of animals and fish , add rosehip and sea buckthorn to tea. Contributes to the rapid growth of cilia and vitamin B group, a high content of which in meat and dairy products. Also, ready-made vitamin complexes and capsules, for example, can be found and bought in all pharmacies.
Rich in vitamins that are so necessary for our cilia, such vegetable oils:
- Burr oil;
- grape seed oil;
- rose oil;
- wheat germ oil;
- linseed oil;
- olive and others.
You might be interested in: The benefits and harms of gadgets, social networks and the Internet through the eyes of a teacher
These nutritious plant oils are useful and necessary for healthy eyelash growth, because they stimulate it, significantly improve the structure of the eyelashes, and prevent excessive loss of eyelashes. You can use them both individually and in combination, mixing, for example, in a washed tube from under the mascara. Before applying, let the oil drain from the brush and only then comb the lashes along the entire length. Using such a mask daily, the effect will not be long in coming, and you will notice the first results after two weeks of its use.
The best folk remedies for eyelash growth
To improve the condition of eyelashes on your own at home, use mixtures and formulations of different oils and vitamins.
- Castor oil + rosehip oil + sea buckthorn + carrot juice + vitamin A.
- The same castor oil can be mixed with rum. When applying to the eyelids and eyelashes, avoid getting the product in the eyes to avoid unpleasant tingling and the formation of an oily veil on the eyes, which is also difficult to get rid of.
- Burdock oil can be mixed with strong black tea brew in a 1: 1 ratio. This mask will not only strengthen the cilia, but also make their color richer.
- Mixing several types of different oils in equal proportions will be an excellent mask. Apply this mask to your eyelashes and eyelids for 15 minutes, then just wash off with warm water or chamomile decoction.
- Castor oil has a beneficial effect on the structure of eyelashes, strengthens them, prevents hair loss, and stimulates growth.
- Almond, burdock, linseed and many other oils have almost the same effect.
- Rose oil is great for helping the eyelids to relax after a hard day’s work or stress. This slows down the aging of the eyelids, due to which the eyelashes are held longer, do not fall prematurely. Such mixtures are able to completely nourish the skin of the eyelids and saturate the eyelashes. They can also be used as eye makeup remover.
In addition to strengthening eyelashes, soothe the skin around the eyes using special massage oils or such a simple combination of, say, almond oil, aloe juice and finely chopped parsley. Apply a mixture of these components to the eyelids and eyelashes, massaging the skin a little. Wash off after 10-20 minutes.
For any product you apply to bring maximum benefit, care should be taken to create favorable conditions for accelerated growth of cilia. The main and elementary rule in this case is a thorough daily removal of cosmetics from the eyelids and eyes. In no case should you use soap and water for these purposes, which will only dry out the skin of the eyelids and slow down hair growth. In stores today they sell a lot of special means for removing and making up, in addition, you can use natural oily mixtures.
How do you care for your eyelashes? Let us know in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!