The formation of the human brain takes place in the mother’s belly. And the development of the brain after birth is facilitated by the emergence of new neural connections. And visual perception in this important process is of great importance – the lion’s share of information comes to a person through him.
Read also: 25 of the best games for newborn babies from 0 to 6 months.
One of the options for stimulating visual perception for the development of the baby is black and white pictures…
The content of the article:
What pictures for newborns like the smallest – the use of pictures for the development of babies
Read also: 10 educational games and applications for the ipad – for the smallest kids from 0 to 1 years old.
Children are incorrigible explorers who begin to explore the world, having barely learned how to hold their heads and grab their mother’s finger. The vision of a newborn is more modest than that of an adult – the baby is able to clearly see objects only at close range… Further, visual abilities change in accordance with age. And already with them – and interest in certain pictures.
See also: The best toys for a newborn baby – how and what to play with a newborn?
- In 2 weeks “Old” the baby is already able to recognize the face of mom (dad), but it is still difficult for him to see fine lines, as well as to distinguish colors. Therefore, at this age, the best option is pictures with broken and straight lines, simplified images of faces, cells, simple geometry.
- 1.5 month the crumb is attracted by concentric circles (moreover, more – the circle itself than its center).
- 2-4 months… The baby’s vision changes dramatically – he already turns to where the sound is coming from, and follows the subject. For this age, pictures with 4 circles, curved lines and more complex shapes, animals (in a simple image) are suitable.
- 4 months. The kid is able to focus his gaze on an object of any distance, distinguishes colors and observes the world around him. Curved lines of drawings at this age are more preferable, but complex drawings can already be used.
How to use black and white pictures for newborns – the first picture games for babies under one year old
- Start with the simplest lines. Watch for crisp black / white contrast.
- Change images every 3 days.
- When the baby shows interest in the picture leave her for a longer time – let the baby study it.
- Pictures can be drawn by hand on paper and hang directly in the crib, stick on walls, fridge or on large cubes. As an option – cards that can be shown to the baby one by one, a contrasting soft ball with black and white drawings, a developing rug, a book, a carousel with pictures, collages, etc.
- Show the crumbs pictures while you walk around the apartment with him, feed him or lay him on his tummy… The visually rich space (and the constant stimulation of vision) has a direct connection with the restful sleep of the baby.
- Do not show too many pictures at once to the little one and watch the reaction. If he does not focus his gaze on the drawing and does not show interest in him at all – do not be discouraged (everything has its time).
- Distance from the child’s eyes to the image at the age of 10 days – 1.5 months – about 30 cm. The size of the pictures – A4 format or even a quarter of it.
- From 4 months images can be replace with colored, complex and “hygienically clean” – the baby will start dragging them into his mouth. Here you can already use high-quality toys with black and white drawings and cartoons for the little ones (the movement of black and white lines and shapes to the right music).
- And, of course, do not forget about such nuances of the development of visual perception as communication with the baby at a distance of 30 cm, contact with the help of smiles and “faces”, exercises with rattles (from side to side, so that the baby follows her with a gaze), new impressions (excursions around the apartment with a demonstration of all interesting objects).
Black and white pictures for newborns: draw or print – and play!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!