Carl Jung’s association test will help solve your problem
Carl Gustav Jung is a Swiss psychologist and psychoanalyst, the founder of analytical psychology. He developed a unique technique for solving human problems. As you know, all problems are “born” in the head, therefore, to solve them, you need to deal with your consciousness.
The “16 associations” test will help:
- Determine the TRUE attitude to a problem or a specific person.
- Determine motivation.
- Understand the importance of a problem or person.
- Make a choice.
This technique is often used by psychotherapists, but it is also good for self-diagnosis. Bologny’s editorial team invites you to take Jung’s association test to take a fresh look at your problems, to understand your true desires and your motivations.
Important! To get the EXACT result, you must be as honest as possible.
- Make sure that nothing and no one distracts you.
- Take a piece of paper and a pencil / pen.
- Formulate the query you will work with. Try to keep it short. Examples: “Why can’t I forget someone I love?”, “My relationship with my parents,” “Conflicts at work.”
- Write down 16 associations at your request in a column, number them. Write whatever comes to your mind, even if it seems illogical or funny to you.
- Now connect adjacent associations in pairs, # 1 with # 2, # 3 with # 4, etc. For each pair, come up with a new association that will unite them. As a result, there should be 8 pairs.
- Re-merge adjacent pairs to form 4 new pairs. Repeat the action until you get 1 phrase.
- The resulting phrase (or word) is the decoding, the answer to your question. Your main association with the problem.
Decoding the results
The association obtained during testing is the answer of your subconscious mind to the question asked. Psychologists say that in our unconsciously all the answers that we would like to receive are hidden, but for some reason we cannot. Therefore, in the subsequent analysis of the situation / problem that worries you, start from the resulting association.
Take our other test: Psychological test: Find out your complexes like a mess in the apartment
Consider a real case from the practice of a psychologist:
The client formulated a request: “Why can’t I forget my ex-husband and start a new relationship?” In the course of associative testing using this technique, we received the phrase “the meaning of life.” Therefore, the ex-husband of the client is subconsciously associated with her with the meaning of life. After working through this moment, we found out that she had not yet left the relationship with him, although they had not been together for a long time. An incomplete gestalt prevents her from moving on, building new relationships and enjoying life.
Thus, we clearly understood the problem to be dealt with. “
Therefore, when deciphering the results, try to understand why you got exactly this association, what it means to you. Also pay attention to whether the end association matches the scope of your query, and if not, think about why. Work with your subconscious!
But that’s not all. With Jung’s associative test, you can slowly, step by step, move towards your unconscious. To do this, do a deeper analysis of the results – analyze each column.
Consider the resulting associations in a single system:
- 1 column – the surface level, reflecting the emotions and feelings of the questioner.
- 2 column – a deeper level revealing the true motivation of the questioner.
- 3 column – objective and deep, reflects fears, complexes, truthful attitude of the questioner to the formed problem.
- 4 column – the threshold of the unconscious, that which reflects UNCONSCIOUS blocks, obstacles in relation to the request.
We also recommend analyzing the ratio of positive and negative associations in each column. Think about what this means to you. For example, if the request concerns a specific person with whom you would like to maintain a friendly relationship, but according to the test results you received the vast majority of negative associations associated with him, then subconsciously you would not want to develop a relationship with this person.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!