All parents want the children’s room to have a cozy, comfortable atmosphere that delights the baby. Harmony in the combination of furniture design, curtains in the nursery, wallpaper and even bed linen is desirable. Wallpaper is an important factor in the design of a child’s room. Their quality, color, pattern affect the health of the child and the aesthetic perception of the room as a whole. What wallpaper is better to choose in a children’s room – read below.
The content of the article:
What wallpaper to choose for a children’s room – vinyl, paper, non-woven, glass wallpaper, photo wallpaper, liquid wallpaper?
When making a choice in the varied assortment of offered wallpapers, one should take into account the main thing: the wallpaper in the children’s room should be made of natural materials. Ask the seller quality certificate, which will confirm that the main components of the wallpaper: coloring and binding agent, paper and other components meet the established standards.
- Vinyl wallpaperswhose base is made of paper or non-woven material and the top layer is a vinyl covering have a number of advantages. Firstly, such wallpapers are durable, they are easy to glue, they hide the unevenness of the walls well, they can more easily tolerate the influence of sunlight. They are suitable for the room of a child – teenager, when there is no need to change them too often.
- Paper wallpaper have not too high a price, therefore, the children’s creativity shown on such wallpapers will not be very expensive for the family budget and after a while they can be changed. Children’s paper wallpaper is able to “breathe”, and there are no synthetic additives in them. Such wallpapers are ideal for rooms where there are small children: the child will begin to look at the pictures on the wallpaper with interest (cars, fairy-tale characters, flowers). Decorating a children’s room with paper wallpaper can be compared to a large tablet for children’s drawings.
- Children’s non-woven wallpaper differ from paper in higher strength and ductility. They do not have a negative effect on human health, because they do not contain chlorine, PVC and other substances hazardous to humans in their structure. Non-woven wallpaper is moisture resistant, easy to clean, hard to catch fire, breathable and can withstand the repainting process up to 10 times. The disadvantages include a considerable price and limited drawings.
- Glass fiber – relatively new material. They are mainly used to decorate offices and showrooms. Such wallpapers are environmentally friendly (made of soda, dolomite, sand and lime), non-toxic, hypoallergenic, waterproof, fireproof, easy to keep clean. The disadvantages include: complex preparation for pasting (the surface of the walls must be in a perfectly even state to avoid cracking) and the use of heavy-duty glue. Using fiberglass in a children’s room is not the best option.
- Wallpaper will easily add variety to any children’s room. With photo wallpaper, you can revive a room covered with paper wallpaper or divide the baby’s room into different zones: a playroom, a recreation area, an exercise area. With the help of photo wallpaper, you can turn a children’s room into a magical world, where a little dreamer will feel like a prince or a princess, plunge into the world where his favorite cartoon characters live. Wall murals in the interior of a children’s room contribute to the development of a child’s sense of beauty and taste.
- The best baby wallpapers so far are environmentally friendly and practical liquid wallpaper… Any children’s art on the walls with such wallpapers can be easily removed by repainting them in a different color. Another plus is that the repainting process can be repeated many times. The only drawback of these wallpapers is their high cost.
- Cork wallpaper, made of balsa tree bark are ideal for families with noisy neighbors. Eco-friendly, warm, soundproof cork wallpaper is fantastic and pleasant to the touch.
Choosing the color of wallpaper for the nursery – what color of wallpaper for the nursery would be better?
Choose the color of the wallpaper for the nursery and the drawings on them, taking into account the character of the baby: calm – choose warm colors, active child – cold tones. The best option when choosing wallpaper for a nursery is to take your child with you so that he also takes part in shaping the image of his room.
The color scheme on the wallpaper in the children’s room affects the psychological state of the child, scientists and psychologists have come to this conclusion. So, for example, the yellow, peach color of the walls encourages the child to knowledge, study, new discoveries. If the children’s room belongs to children of different sexes, then you can think about zoning the space, including using a different color of wallpaper. When choosing wallpaper for the nursery according to the color scheme, do not forget about the age of the child:
- Quite a tiny bit (up to two years of age) it is advisable to decorate part of the children’s room with bright and colorful wallpaper.
- For a child up to four years of age wallpaper of warm natural shades, where yellow, blue and green colors predominate, are ideal.
- Kid 4-6 years old It is advisable to divide the children’s room with wallpaper into two zones: the upper one is aesthetic, the lower one is for creativity, where the child will be able to show his talents as an artist with impunity. It is advisable to keep the color scheme of wallpaper for a child of this age in the spectrum of a spring rainbow: alternating two or three colors, for example, white and blue.
- From 6 to 9 years old it is better to use bright colors of the wallpaper, but without patterns. Psychologists for children of this age, when the baby is overwhelmed with information, are advised to purchase wallpaper with vertical stripes, which helps the child to concentrate.
- From 9 to 11 years old girls want a pink room, and boys want a blue, aqua. When stopping the choice on the color of the wallpaper, remember that from this age children become conservatives and for the next few years they will not allow anything to change in their territory. Therefore, you need to work hard to make their room look normal in a few years.
Children’s wallpaper – how to choose a pattern for children’s wallpaper?
Drawings on the wallpaper should correspond to the age development of the child.
- Babies up to four years old images on wallpaper in the form of stars, flowers and other pictures without story lines are suitable. When choosing a pattern, remember that too much wallpaper can be tiring and boring. It is better to focus on a single drawing or plot that will be in demand when playing with a child.
- From the age of four wallpaper pictures can contain a storyline: characters from your favorite cartoons. Usually, boys prefer pictures with cars, airplanes and other equipment. Girls, as a rule, like drawings with bears, dolls, for example, “Barbie”. Wallpapers with cartoon characters are the most popular and are liked by children of all ages.
Wallpaper for a children’s room – how to choose? Video
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!