Correct buckwheat diet. How to follow a buckwheat diet?
The buckwheat diet is one of the most famous. Someone manages to lose with its help from 2 to 5 kg, and in a short time. However, reviews on the buckwheat diet are controversial. We asked nutritionists, nutritionists and doctors about the benefits and potential dangers of this weight loss method. Read the experts’ comments on the buckwheat diet.
Alyona Kozyreva, a certified nutritionist, healthy lifestyle coach, talks about the buckwheat diet
We have certain clichés associated with proper nutrition, and buckwheat is one of the most typical PP foods. Therefore, you can often find recommendations to “sit” on a buckwheat diet. Is it so effective?
The buckwheat diet (as, indeed, any other mono diet) works only due to the forced restriction of calorie intake: it is not so fun to eat empty buckwheat porridge all day.
You cannot count on any special effect of buckwheat (kefir, apples, chicken, etc.). And, unfortunately, a restrictive diet can lead to an imbalance of micro and macro components. How dangerous is it? It all depends on the resources of the body. Let’s see a couple of examples. Buckwheat is that rare cereal (more precisely, pseudo-cereal) that contains all the necessary amino acids. Another question is that the amino acid composition of buckwheat is not optimal. For example, buckwheat is low in the amino acid tyrosine. The thyroid gland makes the T4 hormone thyroxine from tyrosine, and if there is already a malfunction of the thyroid gland or a predisposition to it, then a tyrosine deficiency can bring hypothyroidism closer.
Buckwheat is recommended for use in case of anemia, since it contains iron. But anemias are different, including B9 and B12 – dependent. In buckwheat (as in other plant products), vitamin B12 is absent, and when it is deficient in the body, the absorption of iron decreases.
Buckwheat is a worthy source of copper, manganese and magnesium, but calcium is not enough in it. There are whole categories of people for whom it is critical to maintain a high level of calcium in the diet. First of all, these are women who are in menopause. The fact is that female sex hormones help retain calcium in the bones, and during menopause, the amount of hormones decreases. There is an increased consumption of calcium, and without proper control, this process can lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis.
Buckwheat, unfortunately, will not become a reliable partner in the prevention of calcium loss. The human body is too complicated, and mono-diets lasting more than a day can disrupt its already fragile balance. Buckwheat is an excellent product as part of a complete diet, but you should not rely only on its properties for weight loss.
Vadim Tsuvarev, a certified nutritionist, talks about the advantages and disadvantages of the buckwheat diet.
The buckwheat diet is one of the most common so-called “mono-food” diets.
Like any single-product diet, it is not suitable for organizing proper nutrition, since buckwheat, like any other product, does not and cannot have all the necessary micro- and macronutrients required by the body. Despite the fact that buckwheat is, without a doubt, an extremely healthy product and, in my opinion, is the best of cereals.
The main disadvantages of the buckwheat diet:
- Lack of adequate protein intake, which will inevitably lead on the second or third day of adherence to this diet to an active loss of their own muscle mass, which almost any person has a deficiency and which is restored with very great difficulty and with the expense of a large amount of resources. It also leads to inhibition of hormonal metabolism.
- Lack of adequate fat intake, which will lead to inhibition of hormonal metabolism, to a decrease in the efficiency of the brain, loss of quality of skin, hair, nails. However, if, while following this diet, you also consume the maximum recommended 1 liter of kefir, then this disadvantage can be partially leveled.
- An excess of carbohydrates in the daily meal plan, which will lead to a set of fat mass. An office worker is not able to spend such an amount of energy, which he will receive from a buckwheat diet, in principle.
- In principle, it is not suitable for people with overt and latent diabetes., as well as metabolic metabolic disorders (up to 90% of the population). In the latter, such a diet can accelerate the onset of diabetes and prediabetes.
Who is the buckwheat diet suitable for? People who need to restore the digestive tract in a short period of time by cleaning it and populating it with new microflora. If there are no purely medical indications for a given diet, it should never be used by anyone.
Contraindications for buckwheat diet
Anyone who is going to try this diet for themselves should know that the misuse of buckwheat can cause significant harm to health. Therefore, first you need to decide – do you fall into the group of those people for whom the buckwheat diet is contraindicated.
- For people whose excess weight does not exceed three kilograms.
- For pregnant and nursing mothers.
- For patients with diabetes mellitus.
- For anemic patients.
- For people with weakened immunity.
- For elderly people with serious chronic diseases.
The buckwheat diet in 2021 does not lose its relevance. But, remember that before you limit yourself in any way in nutrition, you need to consult a specialist!
Correct preparation of buckwheat for a diet
The buckwheat diet menu is specific. It is not recommended to cook buckwheat for a diet – with long-term heat treatment, it loses its beneficial properties. Proper preparation involves steaming cereals overnight in a two to one ratio (water / buckwheat).
In the morning, steamed cereals are consumed without any sauces, salt and sweets. It is permissible to pour buckwheat with kefir or yogurt.
Basic rules of buckwheat diet
- The best results are provided when eating buckwheat and kefir for a week. That is, the rest of the products are excluded. You can also try dried fruits, honey, juices and apples.
- It is forbidden to add sauces, oil, salt, sugar to buckwheat.
- To avoid harm to health, such a diet is not recommended by doctors more than once a year, and no longer than two weeks. Although, provided that the body tolerates the diet normally, it can be repeated more often.
- A buckwheat diet followed for less than four days does not make sense – it simply will not have an effect.
- While adhering to the buckwheat diet, you should carefully analyze your health status. In case of any negative changes, it is better to stop the diet.
- Buckwheat for a diet can only be used whole (not crushed).
- Kefir, which is supplemented with a buckwheat diet, should be only one percent fat.
The main benefits of buckwheat diet
- The ability to lose more than ten kilograms in a week.
- An effective way to normalize weight without bullying yourself.
- Feeling full and cleansing the body.
- The diet does not require serious financial costs.
- There is no need to stand for hours at the stove – just pour the cereal with water (kefir).
- In order not to deviate from the diet at work, you can steam buckwheat in a special thermos and take it with you.
- The water can be drunk in unlimited quantities.
- The kilograms dropped on the buckwheat diet do not come back (unless, of course, you overuse cakes).
Buckwheat diet for weight loss is effective, but, if used incorrectly, it is dangerous!
The buckwheat diet is over. What to do next?
The diet is over, the kilograms have been dropped, what to do next?
- First, control your desires. That is, you should return to your traditional diet gradually, and eat in moderation.
- Don’t eat before bed. Hunger is also not the best solution.
- If the total weight does not satisfy you, it makes sense to take a break for a month and return to this diet a little later.
The rules for the correct way out of the buckwheat diet?
A proper buckwheat diet is, of course, excellent support for the body, weight loss and lightness. But the right way out of the diet Is an equally important process.
What is the main mistake of almost everyone who is on different diets? Having barely finished the diet, they pounce on food, sweeping away everything that they have been deprived of for so long in huge quantities. Of course, all the pounds lost are returning to them at a rate even higher than before the diet. As a result, all efforts were in vain.
How to maintain weight after dieting?
- The very first morning after the end of the diet, start with a boiled egg and sweet tea. On these first days, your food “limit” is six hundred calories.
- Returning to your usual diet should be gentle and gentle. That is, exclude everything harmful by adding a maximum of vegetables and fruits to the menu.
- Cooking after buckwheat diet should be done by stewing or stewing.
- Fish and dietary meat are introduced into the menu gradually, soups are prepared in low-fat broths or in general in water.
- After adaptation of the body, you can add fats and carbohydrates, but in minimal portions.
- It is preferable to calculate the calorie content of dishes in advance.
- Cakes and rolls should be excluded from the diet and forgotten about them forever. They are replaced with coarse bread and dark chocolate.
- The amount of liquid (still mineral water) should be increased to two liters per day. Cross out coffee and sweet compotes from the menu.
- Physical activity after the diet should be increased gradually. That is, you shouldn’t fly to the gym the next morning.
- Avoid elevators and, if possible, ground transportation. If possible, it is better to walk a couple of kilometers.
- Forget evening snacks. And before going to bed – only a glass of kefir and an apple.
The easiest way to maintain your weight, which was given to you with such efforts, is through fractional meals. It will ease the work of your stomach and help prevent the rapid return of kilograms. Taking multivitamin complexes will provide the body with a restoration of strength.
The entire process of exiting the diet takes about ten days. During this time you need:
- Develop for yourself correct menu…
- Replace all unhealthy foods with useful ones (for example, mayonnaise with olive oil).
- Give up alcohol completely (it increases appetite).
And, most importantly, remember: we eat in order to live, and not vice versa.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!