DIY home fresheners – 7 recipes for natural home fresheners
For many housewives, cleanliness and order at home is not enough. They lack the final element that can add comfort and harmony to the home – a unique aroma. You can decorate your home with different smells and diversify your life.
It is important that home fragrances can be made with your own hands from environmental products.
Good housewives – for natural fresheners for the home
Currently, in any large store you can buy a ready-made air freshener. And such a thing is used not only in the toilet, but also in any other room.
However, do not use sprays to add fragrance to your living space. And you definitely cannot use such air fresheners if there are children or pets nearby.
It’s not the case with the fresheners you make yourself. The first – and main advantage of such an item is safety. You are responsible for the selection of ingredients for the composition, so definitely do not allow substances that cause allergies.
Video: Home fragrances, do it yourself
In addition, such a freshener is environmentally friendly. Its smell is not as harsh and intrusive as that of the purchased ones, which means that it will not get bored after a while.
Making a fragrance is not at all expensive: you can literally make it from improvised means.
Thus, the main advantages can be highlighted:
- Environmental friendliness.
- Unobtrusive aroma.
- Inexpensive manufacturing.
Video: DIY natural air fresheners for your home!
So, let’s give the house a scent!
How to make a DIY home freshener – 7 best natural home fragrance recipes
To make the simplest flavoring agent, no special skills or tools are required.
There are several types of air fresheners, which will be discussed in more detail below.
It is worth saying that all the recipes described below are so simple that children can be involved in the creation process. They will probably be very interested in it.
1. A fragrance based on essential oil
The range of essential oils is huge.
But before buying, it is better to know about the possible contraindications… For example, geraniums, cloves, patchouli and rosemary are not recommended for use in a home with pregnant women or children.
At the pharmacy, home improvement store or in the construction department, you can buy several oils, or buy some aromatic composition right away. It is better to find out about the combination of aromas in advance too. For example, citrus fruits go well with each other, as well as with the scent of mint. Lavender works well with chamomile, while fir works well with tangerine.
Video: Do-it-yourself soda tablet fragrance with essential oils
In addition, aromatic compositions have pronounced effects: some soothe, others give a good mood, and still others excite (aphrodisiacs).
So your choice of essential oils should be taken seriously. At the very least, it will be useful to consult with the seller.
- To prepare a freshener, you need a glass container with a screw cap. A small jar from under a cosmetic product is perfect for this: eyeliner, nail polish, or something similar.
- Several holes must be made in the lid with an awl or other sharp object.
- Then pour baking soda about ¼ of the height into the jar.
- Drop essential oil on top of the soda. 10-15 drops will be enough.
- Then you just need to screw on the lid – and put the fragrance in the chosen place.
- In the event that a suitable jar does not have a lid, it can be replaced with foil.
Such a flavoring agent can be decorated in any way possible.
Also, use a similar product to freshen up your carpet. To do this, you need to take 50 grams of baking soda and add 10 drops of essential oil. Mix well and leave overnight. The next day, sprinkle the mixture evenly over the carpet, and then just vacuum. The room will be filled with the scent of freshness for a long time.
The easiest way to make a fragrance is to sprinkle essential oil on a piece of cotton wool and place it in a small bowl. If you then put it on the battery, then the aroma will emanate more intensely. Such a cotton wool can be put in a closet with clothes or linen, as well as in a vacuum cleaner.
The simplicity of such a fragrance is surprising, and the cost in the store for it is quite high.
But making a diffuser is not difficult, so why overpay?
- First you need to find a suitable vessel: a glass or ceramic jar. A small vase will also work.
- There you need to pour in a little vegetable oil, and add essential oil.
- Then wooden sticks must be inserted into this oil mixture. As such sticks, you can use wooden kebab skewers, or something similar.
- If you add a couple of teaspoons of alcohol or vodka to the diffuser, the aromatization process will go faster.
That’s it, the flavor is ready!
Video: DIY aroma diffuser
This in itself is a good interior decoration, but it can also be decorated.
3. Spray bottle with air freshener
This form of freshener is familiar to many, and such a homemade version is just perfect for a toilet.
It is worth considering that for the restroom it is better to make the aroma fresher or sharper, and for the bedroom or kitchen, thinner ones are suitable.
Video: Air freshener – DIY sprayer!
- For manufacturing, you will need any bottle with a spray or spray bottle.
- Pour water into it, leaving a quarter of the bottle empty, and add a few drops of essential oil. You can experiment with the amount of oil to find the right amount of freshener, but it’s best to start with a small number of drops.
- Add two tablespoons of alcohol to the mixture.
- It is better to shake the bottle before use so that the essential oil is evenly distributed in the liquid.
4. Pomander Citrus Clove Flavor
This option is perfect on the eve of the New Year holidays.
For cooking, you need dried cloves and an orange, tangerine or any other citrus.
Video: Natural Orange Pomander with Clove Flavor
- To make it, you just need to make a “hedgehog” from the fruit: stick a clove into its peel from all sides. This flavoring agent looks very original. The scent of tangerine and cloves will last up to two weeks and will give everyone a New Year’s mood.
- Another way to make such a freshener is to cut off the top of the orange and take out the pulp with a spoon. Pour cinnamon and cloves into the hole, and then add a few drops of essential oil.
5. Gelatin freshener
Gelatin and essential oil can be used to make a gel flavor.
- To do this, stir 2 tablespoons of gelatin in a glass of water, and heat over a fire to completely dissolve.
- When the liquid thickens, add 10-15 drops of essential oil.
- To prevent drying out, glycerin (a teaspoon) should be added to this liquid. Such a gel flavor can be interestingly decorated with food coloring, glitter, pebbles, shells – and other items.
Video: Citrus Gelatin Air Freshener
The gelatin-based air freshener can be used not only at home, but also in the car, as it does not spill while driving.
6. Aroma sachet
In the summer, you can stock up on aromatic herbs and prepare them for the winter. On cold evenings, it will be pleasant to breathe in the smell of such a sachet – and mentally transport yourself back to summer.
What can you fill the sachet with:
- Juniper berries.
- Rose or jasmine petals.
- Leaves of mint, oregano, raspberry and black currant.
- Dry peels from citrus fruits.
- Vanilla pods, cinnamon, anise, cloves, etc.
Video: Three ideas for aromasache
The fabric for making the bag must be natural. It can be linen, burlap, cotton, silk.
If you decorate the sachet bag with beads, ribbons, embroidery or lace, then it will become an excellent and very unusual gift, and, moreover, very inexpensive – for example, for the New Year.
Scented bags are convenient to hang in the closet, put in a box with linen and clothes, and also just hang around the house.
A sachet filled with soothing herbs can be placed directly in your pillowcase.
7. Coffee flavor
This option will definitely appeal to coffee lovers.
- With the help of coffee beans, you can make a lot of original things – for example, a topiary, a vase or even a painting. In addition to the main task, the grains will exude a pleasant aroma.
- Or you can simply fill plates, caskets, bowls with coffee beans – and place them throughout the house.
- Another way is to fill a small bag made of natural fabric with ground grains and tie it properly or sew it up. This fragrance is perfect for a closet, kitchen or bathroom.
Video: Coffee Home Fragrance
It is worth noting that any of the fragrances described above are easy to update by simply adding essential oil and water, if required.
Fragrances play an important role in our life. And, in order to add a little variety to your everyday atmosphere, you can try to make a home fragrance by yourself. These fresheners can be soothing and relaxing.
Homemade fragrances can add the finishing touch to make your home feel comfortable. Also, with the help of any aroma or their mixture, you can create a unique aroma of your particular home.
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for taking the time to get acquainted with our materials!
We are very pleased and important to know that our efforts are noticed. Please share your impressions of what you read with our readers in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!