In Tuscan, Arizona, you can visit the former Farmer John Meat packing plant, which is said to be haunted. The building has long been the site of ghost stories. In the 1960s, it became a hot spot for graffiti artists, urban spelunkers, and photographers. Because of its history and the fact that it was a popular haunted attraction, it has become a popular destination for tourists.
The first Farmer John Meat Packing Plant in Arizona was closed after two children went missing. In 1964, Warren James and his wife lost two of their children. The nanny, Miss Stiles, had stepped out of the office to listen to a record when the children went missing. After a week, Warren James called the police to report the missing children. The nanny was later found by the owner, who searched the entire building for the kids.
During the 1970s, a mural was painted around the Tucson meatpacking plant. It was inspired by the murders of two young children in the nearby Rancher Johns plant. Warren James, an entrepreneur and a former prospector from Colorado, had opened the company in 1964. He had two children: Alexa, an overactive pre-teen, and Norman, a pre-teen who liked listening to his father’s record player.
In 1952, the Clougherty Brothers company expanded to the Tucson market and began making pork products. In 1953, they decided to introduce the Farmer John brand, which is easier to pronounce than the family’s Irish surname. The company sponsored local television shows, including Polka Parade, as well as sponsoring the town’s Polka Parade. In the same year, they purchased the Harry Carey Ranch in Santa Clarita Valley. However, the ranch failed to grow any pork, and the plant closed in 2001.
The company continued to expand its operations, and it is now headquartered in Tucson. The plant was founded in 1964 by a Denver prospector, and the company’s first products were pork. By the early 1950s, it became an icon of the city and a household name. The Clougherty Brothers owned a ranch in the Santa Clarita Valley, which they later sold to a residential developer.
The company grew to become a large company in Tucson, Arizona. In the mid-1960s, the company diversified into hogs, chicken, and turkey. In addition, the company was incorporated in California in 1945. In 1953, the company purchased the Harry Carey Ranch in the Santa Clarita Valley. It failed to raise pork in the Santa Clarita Valley due to dry climate. The plant closed in 2001, but the legacy of the meatpacking plant lives on.