Week 25 corresponds to 23 weeks of fetal development. Just a little more – and the second trimester will be left behind, and you will move into the most crucial, but also difficult period of time – the third trimester, which will significantly bring your meeting with your baby closer.
The content of the article:
Feelings of a mother
Many women note:
- The work of the gastrointestinal tract slows down, and as a result, heartburn appears;
- Intestinal motility is impaired, and constipation begins;
- Is developing anemia (anemia);
- Due to the sharp increase in weight, an additional load appears and, as a result, there are back pain;
- Edema and pain in the leg area (due to prolonged stay on the legs);
- Bring discomfort itching and burning in the anus when using the toilet;
- Periodically pulls the stomach (this often happens due to the increased activity of the baby);
- Continue excretions from the genitals (milky, not very abundant with a subtle smell of sour milk);
- Appears dry eye syndrome (vision deteriorates);
As for external changes, here they also take place:
- The breasts become plump and continue to grow (prepare for feeding a newborn baby);
- The belly continues to grow. Now it grows not only forward, but also sideways;
- Stretch marks appear in the abdomen and mammary glands;
- Expansion of the veins is noted, especially in the legs;
Changes in a woman’s body:
Week 25 is the beginning of the end of the second trimester, that is, all the most significant changes in the mother’s body have already occurred, but small changes are still taking place here:
- The uterus grows to the size of a soccer ball;
- The fundus of the uterus rises to a distance of 25-27 cm above the bosom;
Feedback from forums and social networks:
It’s time to find out what women feel, because, as you yourself understand, everyone has their own body and completely different tolerances:
Week 25, so much passed, and how much more to endure! The lower back hurts very badly, especially when I stand for a long time, but at least my husband does a massage before going to bed and it’s easier. More recently, I discovered that it hurts to go to the toilet, it burns everything right to tears. I heard that this often happens in pregnant women, but I can’t stand it anymore. See a doctor tomorrow!
I recovered by 5 kg, and the doctor scolds that a lot. I feel fine, the only thing that worries me is that the pressure rises!
I recovered a lot. At 25 weeks I weigh 13 kg more than before pregnancy. The back hurts, it is very difficult to sleep on the side, the thigh is numb, but most of all the weight and possible complications due to it during childbirth are worried.
I feel like a sick person, not a pregnant woman. My bones ache very much, my stomach and lower back stretch, I can’t stand for a long time, sit too. And on top of that, I began to suffer from constipation! But on the other hand, I won’t endure for long, and I will see my long-awaited son!
I am pregnant with my second child. In the first pregnancy, I gained 11 kg, and now it is 25 weeks and already 8 kg. We are waiting for the boy. The breast swells and grows, I have already changed my underwear! The belly is tremendous. Feeling like nothing, only constant heartburn, no matter what I eat – the same thing.
Fetal development, height and weight
- Fruit length reaches 32 cm;
- Weight increases to 700 g;
- The skin of the fetus continues to straighten, becomes elastic and lighter;
- Wrinkles appear on the arms and legs, under the buttocks;
Formation and functioning of organs and systems:
- Intensive strengthening of the osteoarticular system continues;
- The heartbeat is heard. The fetal heart beats at a rate of 140-150 beats per minute;
- The testicles in the boy begin to descend into the scrotum, and in the girls the vagina is formed;
- The fingers gain dexterity and are able to clench into fists. He already prefers some hand (you can determine who the baby will be: left-handed or right-handed);
- By this week, the baby has formed his own special sleep and wakefulness regime;
- The development of the bone marrow comes to an end, it fully takes over the functions of hematopoiesis, which until now were performed by the liver and spleen;
- The formation of bone tissue and the active deposition of calcium in it continue;
- The accumulation of surfactant continues in the lungs, which prevents the lungs from collapsing after the first breath of the newborn;
Ultrasound at the 25th week
With ultrasound the baby’s spine is assessed… You can already know for sure who lives inside – boy or girl… An error is possible in extremely rare cases, which is associated with an inconvenient position for research. With an ultrasound, you are told that the baby’s weight is approximately 630 g, and the height is 32 cm.
The amount of amniotic fluid is estimated… When polyhydramnios or low water is detected, a thorough comprehensive assessment of the fetus in dynamics is required to exclude malformations, signs of intrauterine infection, etc. Also everything is done required measurements…
For clarity, we present you the normal range:
- BPR (biparietal size) – 58-70mm.
- LZ (frontal-occipital size) – 73-89mm.
- OG (fetal head circumference) – 214-250 mm.
- Coolant (fetal abdominal circumference) – 183-229 mm.
Normal sizes of fetal long bones:
- Femur 42-50 mm
- Humerus 39-47 mm
- Forearm bones 33-41 mm
- Shin bones 38-46 mm
Photo of the fetus, photo of the abdomen, ultrasound and video about the development of the child
Video: What happens in the 25th week of pregnancy?
Video: ultrasound in the 25th week of pregnancy
Recommendations and advice for the expectant mother
- Do not overuse salt;
- Make sure that your legs are slightly higher than the rest of your body while you sleep, for example, place pillows under your calves;
- Wear compression stockings or tights (they do a great job at relieving discomfort)
- Avoid constantly being in one position (sitting, standing), try to warm up every 10-15 minutes;
- Do Kegel exercises. They will help keep the muscles of the pelvic day in perfect order, prepare the perineum for childbirth, will be a good prevention of the appearance of hemorrhoids (your doctor will tell you how to do them);
- Start preparing your breasts for feeding your baby (take air baths, wash your breasts with cool water, wipe your nipples with a coarse towel). WARNING: do not overdo it, breast stimulation can cause premature birth;
- To avoid edema, consume liquid no later than 20 minutes before meals; do not eat after 8 pm; limit your salt intake; boil cranberry or lemon juice, which has an excellent diuretic effect;
- Sleep at least 9 hours a day;
- Buy a bandage;
- Spend as much time as possible in the fresh air, as oxygen is useful for strengthening the body of the baby and mother;
- Arrange a family photo session with your husband. When will you be as beautiful as you are now?
Previous: Week 24
Next: Week 26
Choose any other in the pregnancy calendar.
Calculate the exact due date in our service.
How did you feel on the 25th obstetric week? Share with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!