It is easy to pump up the lateral muscles of the press if you know how! The lateral press is formed from the oblique abdominal muscles. These muscles protect the organs that are located in the abdomen and visually shape the waist. In general, these muscles have one common purpose – to help extend, flex, and rotate the core.
It is necessary to develop the oblique muscles of the press, both for an aesthetically beautiful press, and for the protection and retention of internal organs.
The content of the article:
- What is important?
- 10 exercises – collect the complex for yourself
What you need to pay attention to when pumping your lateral muscles
You need to pay attention to the fact that the oblique muscles have a direct impact on the shape of the figure. Therefore, with the wrong approach to pumping them, you can get a masculine waist.
To prevent this from happening, you need to follow these tips:
- Start training 2 hours after the last meal.
- You don’t need to drink a lot of water before and on time, a maximum of a few sips to quench your thirst.
- At the end of the lesson, it is recommended not to eat for another hour.
- Before starting each workout, you need to do a warm-up, it prepares the muscles for the upcoming stress and helps to avoid sprains and other injuries. A warm-up can involve a series of turns and bends.
- Each lesson should be filled with a variety of exercises, you need to add a variety of strength and cardio exercises to the main program.
- Home workouts should be done at least 3-4 times a week.
If all of the above rules are followed, and proper efforts were made in training, the first results can be seen after a month.
Gradually, with the development of muscles, the load should also increase. It is not recommended to use dumbbells and pancakes in the first lessons; it is better to increase the number of repetitions of the exercise.
Important! When pumping the abdominal muscles, you need to try to strain and pull the stomach into yourself. This action helps to fight body fat, and exercise becomes even more effective.
You also need to learn how to transfer the load from the back to the stomach.
Exercises on the oblique abdominal muscles must be performed in a complex manner. Below are 10 frequently used exercises, from which you can choose several – and group the complex for yourself.
Perfect abs in just 8 minutes a day – easy and simple!
Exercises for the lateral press at home
Side bends with weights – and without
An extremely easy and effective exercise.
- Take a standing position and begin to bend to the sides. If you feel a pleasant burning sensation in the lateral sections of the press, then you are on the right track.
- Over time, dumbbells can be connected to the exercise, but it is important to use a weight of no more than 3 kg so that the abdominal muscles are not masculine.
In order for the lateral press muscles to develop more efficiently, it is necessary to perform this exercise on a hyperextension machine. Stand on it sideways with your feet between the pedals. Take one hand behind the back of the head and begin to bend to the sides. Thanks to the simulator, you will be able to perform inclines with greater amplitude.
Number of repetitions: 3 repetitions 20 times to the right and 20 times to the left.
- Using a gymnastics mat, lie on your back.
- Bend your knees and tilt to one side so that one leg is flat on the floor.
- Fix the left hand at the back of the head. And for convenience, put your right hand on your left side – this way you can feel whether the abdominal muscles are working.
- Tighten the lateral abdominal muscles and twist the body, the shoulders are lifted up during this.
Important! When pumping the abdominal muscles with the help of twists, control the load – do not let it spread to the neck. Otherwise, all your efforts will be directed to pumping the cervical spine.
The main thing in the exercise is to control the shoulders and the clear work of the lateral muscles.
Do not try to lift the body, it will not work. After completing the twist, return to the starting position.
Number of repetitions: 3 sets of 30 times to the right and 30 times to the left.
Raises the torso and legs on the side
This is a sophisticated alternative to side crunches.
- Lie on your left side and fix your left hand at the back of your head. Legs are straight.
- Try to meet at a certain point with your elbows with your feet. Stay at this point as long as you can and lower yourself to the starting position.
- Repeat the same steps for the second elbow.
Before doing this exercise, you need to learn how to do side crunches.
Number of repetitions: 2 sets of 30 reps on each side.
Legs up while lying down
Works the entire press, including the oblique muscles.
- Take a prone position with your legs straight.
- Gently lift your legs up until they become perpendicular to the surface on which you are lying.
- Then lower your legs as slowly as possible without dropping them to the floor.
Number of repetitions: 2 sets of 20 reps.
She needs a block trainer. The exercise also works to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- The simulator has a hook on which a special strap clings. After preparing the simulator, stand with your left side, grab the strap with your hands – and pull it towards your right leg.
- Return to starting position and repeat a few more times. Movements must be confident.
Number of repetitions: 3 sets of 25 reps.
Turning the body on a special ball
In order to work out the muscles in this way, you need a special rubber ball – a fitball.
10 best ab exercises at home
- Lie with your back and buttocks on the ball. Legs spread on the floor serve as support.
- Close your hands on the back of your head, tighten your abs.
- Slowly turn around to one side, and return to the starting position.
- Then repeat on the other side.
If you don’t feel tension in your abdominal muscles, use dumbbells. Take dumbbells in your hands – and stretch them in your hands in front of you. Make the usual body turns. Do not use dumbbells heavier than 5 kg.
Number of repetitions: 3 sets of 30 times in each side.
Exercise bike is performed with alternate knees, and is aimed at working out the direct press. But, by slightly changing his technique, you can load the abdominal muscles quite well.
- Lie on the floor with your back and lift your legs up.
- Raise your back so that the shoulder blades are touching the surface you are lying on. Bend your left leg at the knee – and try to reach it with your right elbow.
- Straighten your left leg and repeat with your right leg and left elbow.
The exercise is performed non-stop, at an accelerated pace.
Number of repetitions: 3 sets of 30 reps on each side.
A very effective and extremely easy exercise is the pendulum.
- Get into a supine position.
- Raise your legs so that your shins are parallel to the floor and your thighs are perpendicular.
- Next, turn your legs to the right, scrolling your pelvis. If you feel a side press stretch, then you are doing everything right.
- Hold for a short while in this position, and return your legs back.
- Then repeat all the same with the left side.
You can do the exercise by turning your straight legs.
Number of repetitions: 2-3 repetitions 20-30 times to the right and 20-30 times to the left.
- Take a starting position lying on your back.
- Place your right hand on the back of your head, and your left hand on the oblique abdominal muscles.
- Bend your legs at the knees.
- Try to reach with your right elbow to your right knee, and at the highest point – stay for a few seconds.
- Then return to the starting position and apply the exercise to the opposite side.
Number of repetitions: 2-3 repetitions, 8-10 times.
The lateral stand is a common lateral press exercise that involves multiple muscle groups at once.
You need to perform a stand in a position on one leg, leaning on your hand.
- Get into the starting position with support on your right limbs.
- The left hand can be placed on the belt.
- Keep your body straight in the stance.
- In this position, you need to stand for at least 30-40 seconds, gradually increasing the time.
Number of repetitions: 2-3 times on each side.
To maintain good muscle tone, you need to do simple aerobic exercise several times a week, such as jogging, swimming, cycling or rollerblading.
Nutrition should not be forgotten, because a good diet is 85% of success. And the most important thing is to drink as much water as possible throughout the day, but in training, keep water intake to a minimum, only when necessary.
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for taking the time to get acquainted with our materials, we hope that the information was useful to you. Please share your impressions of what you read with our readers in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!