For any family, the first New Year’s celebration of a child is a responsible and long-awaited moment. Of course, I want to give the kid a fairy tale, but isn’t he too small for Santa Claus, a mountain of gifts under the Christmas tree and the chiming clock?
How to properly celebrate the first children’s New Year, and what should be remembered?
So the 31st day of December has come. Mom rushes about the apartment, reaching, blowing, ironing and spreading, plowing salads, sprinkling with herbs, feeding the child in between times and shouting on the phone to dad, whose hands are not from there. In the evening, a drenched dad comes running with a tree and a bag of teddy bears for crumbs, hungry and angry. The Christmas tree is hurriedly thrown with rain, and glass toys are hung. The beloved child is not allowed to approach her, so as not to break the family balls, which were inherited from the great-grandmother. Olivier and jelly are not given to crumbs, you cannot pull at the tablecloth, there is nothing to gnaw, adults are in turmoil, no one wants to play goodies. After the chimes, the baby can only rub his eyes swollen from tears and roar at the top of his voice. Mom and dad are annoyed, the child finally falls asleep completely exhausted, the holiday “went right”.
- This scenario should by no means become a reality! First New Year – it happens only once in a lifetime. And it is in your power to give even such a tiny little man a real fairy tale.
- We do not bring down the little regime! There is absolutely no need to wait for the chimes to strike together with the child. Baby’s health is much more important. We put the baby to bed according to his schedule, and then you can sit at the table. In the first half of December 31, you can hold a matinee for the kid and the whole family to make a snowman and have fun outside.
- A too noisy holiday with a crowd of guests for the new year should not be arranged. For a child’s psyche, such a party is an ordeal.
- It is better to decorate the Christmas tree 5-6 days before the holiday. This process will become a real magic for the baby. Choose toys that are only shatterproof. If the baby drops something, you do not have to worry that he will be cut by shrapnel. And the “family balls” will remain safe and sound – on the mezzanine.
Ideal if your child helps you create toys. For example, he will sprinkle confetti on a foam ball greased with PVA, draw eyes on paper smiley balls, etc. Try to turn the New Year’s celebration into a pleasure for the kid, and not into an every minute “no!”
- Santa Claus – to be or not to be? Depends only on the sociability of the baby. If, at the sight of a stranger, the child hides, his lower lip trembles, and fear appears in his eyes, then, of course, you should wait with the appearance of this character. If a child is quite sociable and does not take every adult for a “babayka”, then why not invite the main wizard of the country with gifts? Should I invite Santa Claus to a child for the New Year?
But don’t overdo it. A child at such a young age does not yet understand the symbolism of the Christmas tree, the magic of the holiday and the significance of Santa Claus. And he doesn’t even expect gifts. Therefore, a guy with a beard can scare him pretty much.
- Explosions of firecrackers and splashes of fireworks are also of no use to the kid. From the abundance of impressions and noise, the child’s nervous system is overexcited. Then it will be difficult for you to put the baby to bed.
- The amount of alcohol on this day should be reduced to a minimum. Neither a drunken cheerful dad, nor (all the more so) a drunken mother will decorate a child’s holiday.
- Decorate the room in advance with the baby. The kid will be happy to help you pull fluffy garlands out of the box, draw funny pictures with finger paints and scatter napkin snowflakes everywhere. Be sure to praise your creative child – maybe these are his first steps into a great future. The best ideas for leisure activities with young children before the New Year and during the New Year holidays
- It is advisable to save the electric garland for the most crucial moment. – when, with the classic “one, two, three …” you light it up to my father’s applause.
- Fancy dress. At this age, the baby is unlikely to attach special importance to the ears and ponytail on his costume, but if his interest in such fun has already woken up, then you can create a light, bright and recognizable costume. Fur cubs and bunnies are definitely not suitable – the child will be hot and uncomfortable.
- You can introduce the crumbs to the characters of the holiday and the Christmas tree in advance… Walk with your child past the Christmas trees, read books about Christmas, watch cartoons, draw and sculpt Santa Claus and snow women. Your task is to convey the New Year’s mood to the kid through your festive mood.
- Do I need to hide gifts under the Christmas tree? Necessarily! And the more such boxes there are, the better. Have fun opening presents, pulling ribbons, removing wrapping paper. True, after some time the baby will want to reopen them, so store up the toys that he had forgotten about in advance, and put them in boxes. Read also: The best New Year gift ideas for boys, and the most interesting New Year gifts for girls
- Festive table. Even if your baby is still feeding on breast milk, you have introduced complementary foods a long time ago. Therefore, the New Year’s menu can be prepared for him as well. Of course, only from proven products – so as not to spoil the child’s holiday with a sudden allergic reaction. It is clear that too varied menu will not work, but even from the usual products you can create a whole fairy tale with edible characters.
- Remember the safety of the Christmas tree! Fasten it conscientiously and replace a living tree with an artificial one – and the needles will be fluffier, and it will be easier to strengthen. And under the Christmas tree you can put the beautiful Snow Maiden and the singing Santa Claus.
And – the main thing to remember: New Year is a holiday of childhood. Focus not on salads with jellied meat, but on the mood of your little dear man…
Let this New Year’s magic become a good tradition in your family!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!