Gone are the days when the arrows on the trousers were made using gauze and an ordinary iron, sprinkled with water wrinkled after washing, and tormented with heavy irons.
Progress has stepped forward, and today we have the opportunity to remove wrinkles from our clothes using the most modern devices – easily, conveniently and quickly.
The content of the article:
- What is a vertical steam steamer system?
- Pros and cons of a steam vertical iron
- Types of steam irons for vertical ironing – how to choose?
What is a vertical steam system-steamer for ironing – features of work and equipment
The most modern device for quickly steaming laundry is a vertical system, similar in appearance to a vacuum cleaner.
At first, such models were used mainly in stores (to return things to their marketable appearance), but today many people buy this miracle instead of a steam iron.
How to choose a garment steamer – video review of popular models
What is a vertical steamer for – applications
Manufacturers advertise steamers very actively, positioning this system as a universal tool for garment care.
So what is the device used for?
- To remove odors from clothing.
- For the care of cashmere, men’s shirts, silk.
- For steaming clothes directly on mannequins (hangers).
- For steaming suits (including wool) and even fabric-backed advertising banners.
- For the care of suits, fur coats, complex products with a lot of decorative elements.
- For ironing linen directly on the bed, hanging curtains.
Of course, it will take more time to put the hanging curtains in order than for a blouse, but the result will surprise any hostess of an ordinary or even a steam iron.
How does a steamer work?
Not without help powerful jet of steam this device quickly and efficiently removes folds and irregularities on the fabric. Moreover, fabric fibers (note – as when working with a classic iron) do not stretch, but acquire elasticity and volume.
Steam heating in the appliance reaches 98-99 degrees, but this does not harm the tissues: no creases and shiny spots. The appliance works in an upright position and there is no need for an ironing board.
There is also no need to wait for the device to warm up – he is immediately ready for the procedure after plugging it into the network.
Steamer configuration – what to look for?
Even in the usual set, you can find many different devices, sometimes not the most necessary, and sometimes very useful:
- Teflon mitten (extremely useful to protect your hand from burns).
- Special device for convenient steaming of collars and cuffs.
- Foldable hanger and tripod.
- Gripper for trousers.
- Brushes: for cleaning clothes from wool, for cleaning lint.
- Hangers for clothes.
- Clamp for aiming arrows.
Pros and cons of a vertical steam iron – will the system replace a regular ironing iron?
To understand whether you will continue to live with an iron, or is it still time to choose a worthy “device” for steaming, you need to get to know it better and learn about the advantages of this technical novelty.
Among the advantages of the steamer are the following:
- Gentle steaming… The fabric does not shine at the seams, does not deteriorate.
- Deep penetration of steam into the tissue structure, thanks to which the fibers of the fabric are even renewed and strengthened.
- Steaming speed and convenience.
- No need for an ironing board and a place to unfold it.
- Minimum effort required – coupled with an excellent result.
- Lightness and compactness of the device.
- Ability to process even the most complex garment details and the most complex costumes that can be irretrievably damaged by an iron.
- Fur processing capability, curtains, curtains, furniture upholstery, carpets.
- Elimination of unpleasant odors, as well as dust mites and other pathogenic microflora.
- Help in removing stains, disinfecting things.
- The ability to steam without removing the curtains from the eaves, without carrying the carpet outside, without laying out clothes on the ironing board.
- Safety. The device is more protected from fire, and in many models there is even an automatic shutdown function in the event that there is no water or overheating of the equipment.
- Ready to go instantly.
It is also worth noting that it is simply impossible to ruin clothes with a steamer, and you can easily take it with you on a business trip or vacation.
And you will not have to worry that you “didn’t turn off the iron” while getting ready for work in a hurry.
Does the vertical steamer have disadvantages?
- The price is several times higher than that of the iron.
- Unfortunately, ironing the bed linen is not very convenient. You will have to steam it directly on the bed or iron it with an iron.
- You will have to get used to the new way of “ironing”.
- Mandatory protection for the hand with which you hold the thing.
So which should you choose? Iron or is it a steamer? Is there any point in wasting money, and won’t the appliance sit in the closet most of the time while you iron things out of habit?
You can leave the iron if …
- You rarely iron and in small quantities.
- You have catastrophically little space in your house.
- You do not like to keep up with the times, and prefer the good old “grandmother’s” means and methods.
- You have a good memory and remember to turn off appliances in your home. Or you have an iron with an auto-off option.
- Your iron has a long cord, water does not leak, fabrics do not burn through, and the spout fits perfectly into all the folds of the fabric.
Still, it’s time to buy a steamer if …
- You iron a lot and often (the family is big and no one likes wrinkled clothes).
- You often have to iron and wash capricious fabrics (approx. – wool, silk or knitwear), as well as things with various complex elements (approx. – with sequins, frills, lace, etc.).
- Removing unpleasant odors is also a must for you.
- Your furniture upholstery often gets dirty and quickly becomes saturated with dog / cat scent.
- Are you tired of jumping on the stool while removing the curtains from the eaves.
- You often have to wash and iron your children’s school uniforms.
- You keep up with the times and love this multifunctional, convenient technique that makes life easier.
- You are tired of stuffing an ironing board behind the cupboard.
- You are the owner of a clothing store, and you often have to take home items that have lost their appearance in order to put them in order.
- You have allergy sufferers in your family and dust removal is an ongoing process.
- Your husband smokes in the apartment and things need to get rid of the unpleasant odor.
Well, in the end, everything, of course, depends solely on individual preferences… Still, a steamer is not a cheap thing.
But how useful and enjoyable!
Types of steam irons for vertical ironing – how to choose the right vertical steam system-steamer?
Not so long ago, steamers appeared on the domestic market, but their popularity is already approaching its peak. Increasingly, housewives buy such appliances at home in order to simplify their housekeeping, make life easier, and make cleaning / ironing more efficient.
How do you choose this technique?
The scheme of work is the same in all types and models: there is a container filled with water, which, in turn, heats up and comes out in the form of steam through special brush… She, in fact, is led over the clothes.
As for the types of steamers, the following are presented on the market today:
- Hand steamer. Such a device will cost you 2000-3000 rubles. Most often they are used by people who often ride on business trips, or just travelers. Some models can even boil water (instead of a kettle). A mini-tank of water is enough for 15 minutes of steaming. That is, 2-3 updated little things from your travel bag.
- Vertical steamer with stand. This device will already be more expensive – up to 5.5 thousand rubles. It is handy for light tasks in the home. Usually the device has only 1 steaming mode, has a low power and a small water tank, does not have the possibility of emergency topping up. Well, the equipment is also very modest.
- The vertical steamer is more serious and at a price exceeding 5500 r… – this is a more serious model with a solid power, a metal iron, a large reservoir for water (sometimes with the possibility of emergency refilling) and with controls on the handle, and not on the body (like the model above). There can be several modes of operation.
- Professional steamer. Most often, this device is taken for clothing salons, for ordinary stores, for theaters, etc. The device has a large water reservoir, is able to work for a long time without interruption, has a solid power, and has all the accessories for convenient operation. At home, of course, it can also be used, but the 3rd and 5th options are much more practical.
- Steamer-steam cleaner. A universal miracle device that provides not only effective steaming of things in the house, but also sterile cleaning. Ideally cleans household dirt, destroys bacteria, even washes away grease on kitchen surfaces, floors, glass and bathroom tiles. A great option for families with children.
Selection according to the power of the device:
- More than 1800 watts. Versatile instruments that handle almost all materials with ease.
- Less than 1800 W… Apparatuses that are beyond the power of down jackets, tight jeans, blankets.
It is also worth noting that the higher the power of the selected device, the faster and easier steaming takes place.
However, it is recommended to buy a model with the ability to adjust the powerto independently select the steaming mode according to the material.
And a few more important points:
- For steam, 55g / min is the maximum. Ideal for frequent ironing. If you are accustomed to “evenly hanging” the laundry, and you need to steam only on holidays, you can take the device with the lowest indicator. But remember that it will not steam off rough fabric!
- The plastic on the iron is very short-lived. Choose a metal sole (or ceramic).
- Pay attention to the number of holes on the working surface of the machine. The more there are, the more efficiently the steam spreads.
On a note:
Rare models can function well on tap water. As a rule, they are all capricious and demanding of the quality of the water to be poured… You can, of course, use the correct household water filter to keep your steamer free from limescale deposits.
Be careful and do not forget to consult with the seller on this topic.
Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article! We will be very pleased if you share your feedback and tips in the comments below.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!