Let’s talk about toxicosis in early pregnancy. How to get rid of it – what methods really help? Read also whether a pregnant woman should have toxicosis at all.
The content of the article:
What is toxicosis?
This is one of the most popular words for early pregnancy. It also happens that it begins even before a woman finds out about pregnancy.
With the onset of pregnancy, a woman undergoes hormonal changes in her body, and against this background, toxicosis and rejection of the products that she used to love may occur. It is very rare that a woman has never vomited during all her pregnancy.
How does early toxicosis occur?
It occurs at 1-3 months of pregnancy.
- decreased appetite;
- a decrease in pressure;
- lowering blood pressure;
- unusual reactions to odors.
But to the question of why toxicosis occurs, doctors still cannot find an exact answer. Some believe this is a reaction to foreign cells in the mother’s body. Others interpret this pathology as a manifestation of an unhealthy liver and gastrointestinal tract. Still others call it improper processing of impulses that come from the ovum to the mother’s nervous system, while the fourth interprets it as a “riot of hormones.”
There is a generally accepted statement about this, it reads: toxicosis in the early stages occurs due to a violation of the mechanism of adaptation of the female body to pregnancy… There are also claims that it can occur against the background of thyroid disease, nervous tension or improper diet.
10 proven remedies for toxicosis
- Try as best you can walk more in the fresh air…
- Eat every 2-3 hours… You can just have small snacks. The very process of chewing fights off nausea. You can eat anything, various dried fruits and cheese are perfect.
- Eat foods high in protein: fish, meat, milk, cereals.
- Do not hurry! After eating, it is best to have a little rest and lie down for at least 10 minutes…
- Take prenatal vitamins, best just before bedtime.
- If you don’t feel like having a hearty lunch, then do not force yourself… Your body knows better what it needs now.
- Bedtime is best put some food next to the bed… Fruits, nuts, dried fruits. In order not to get up on an empty stomach, this can cause an attack of vomiting. What fruits are not recommended to eat during pregnancy.
- Drink mineral water.
- Good helpers in the fight against nausea are any mints… It can be candy, lozenges, mint tea.
- All kinds of sour foods also works well against nausea. It can be lemon, pickled cucumber, grapefruit.
Recommendations of girls from forums to combat toxicosis
I started at 6 weeks and ended only at 13. Moreover, at 7-8 weeks I was in the hospital, treated with droppers and injections. It helped, I did not vomit constantly, but only 3-4 times a day. So just be patient and wait out these temporary difficulties. In general, I recently heard the statement of one woman, she said that the child is worth it! And that she is once again going to go for such happiness as the birth of a child, and even if for this she will have to walk all 9 months with toxicosis.
My toxicosis began (I write in obstetric weeks) from 8 weeks, and ended at 18 … passed (ended that is) imperceptibly … just one fine morning I got up, had breakfast … and caught myself thinking “I had breakfast in the morning !! ! ”… Be patient, eat what you can, get enough sleep (with nausea (vomiting) you lose a lot of energy), drink plenty of liquid, especially when it comes to the toilet (more liquid comes out than you consume).
Up to 13 weeks I had a constant feeling of nausea (vomited several times). Morsiks (now I can’t drink them at all) and sucking a slice of lemon helped very well from the feeling of nausea.
I was saving myself with boiled potatoes with low-fat sour cream. Only in the evening I could have a little snack. And the croutons went well – the usual ones from the loaf.
Modern medicine still does not know how to save a woman from such accompanying pregnancy “pleasure”. Personally, no drug therapy helped me, not even acupuncture. The condition improved gradually, at first it became a little better by 12 weeks, then by 14 it was even easier, everything ended at 22 weeks.
1. Diet (soup, fruit, porridge …)
2. Sleep, rest
3. Neuropsychic balance.
4. Care and understanding of loved ones and others.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!