As a rule, three reasons lead to the appearance of an unpleasant odor in new and old shoes – poor-quality material, fungal diseases and heavy sweating of the feet. If, when choosing new shoes, you smell an unpleasant smell from the material, it is better to immediately refuse such a purchase.
But to eliminate the odor that appears during the operation of shoes, you can use one of of proven home recipes for shoe sweat odor. How to get rid of shoe sweat odor – read Bologny.
Traditional methods for the smell of sweat in shoes
- For instance, wipe the inside of the shoe a cotton pad dipped in hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine, vinegar, ammonia, or a solution of potassium permanganate. The number of procedures depends on the degree of “aroma”.
- Change insoles… It is desirable for natural ones – from leather, and not its substitute. The ideal option is insoles with a carbon layer (they perfectly absorb moisture, prevent odor). And scented antibacterial insoles will soften the smell of new shoes. They are disposable and can be changed as the smell appears (cost – about 100 rubles). The traditional insoles should be changed at least once every 3 months.
- Buy deodorant for shoes (and at the same time – for feet)… To begin with, the shoes are treated with hydrogen peroxide, then ventilated, and then a shoe deodorant spray is applied – preferably at night, so that the shoes have time to dry out before going outside.
- Remember the main rule: regularly ventilate shoeswithout wearing one pair for two days in a row.
- Wipe the inside of the shoes with rubbing alcohol within two weeks (daily).
- Pour talcum powder, salt, soda or flour into your shoes. Leave in this form for a couple of hours (you can overnight). Next – vacuum the shoes / shoes from the inside and wipe with hydrogen peroxide. You can also use activated carbon or sea salt for this purpose.
- Dry your shoes regularly using a special dryer. For example, ultraviolet light – it not only gently dries shoes without damaging the skin, but also eliminates fungi and other bacteria. It is absolutely impossible to leave wet shoes dry – an unpleasant smell will be provided.
- If the quality of the shoes allows, you can wash it with soapy water (warm), then rub with vinegar and rinse again. Already clean shoes – as it should dry and ventilate…
- Wash in a washing machine. Provided that these are sneakers or sneakers, and the machine allows such manipulations.
- Rinse shoes thoroughly and wear socks soaked in alcohol, walk in shoes until they are completely dry (“old-fashioned” method).
- It happens that the cause of the smell from the shoes is not sweat at all, but the tricks of the offended mustache-striped pet. In this case, you can apply formidone (pharmaceutical preparation). But it is often not recommended to use it (it is dangerous to health). And the very procedure of getting rid of the smell is best done on the balcony and with gloves. And the shoes after processing must be properly ventilated (you can leave them on the balcony overnight).
- From a feline “gift” can help and Odor absorber… It is purchased at a pet store and used according to the instructions (only not in the corners of the apartment, but in shoes).
- Pour a bottle of hydrogen peroxide into your shoes. Shake your shoes and pour out the product after a minute. Dry thoroughly.
- Pour cooled green tea into your shoes (strong brewed) for an hour or two, dry, ventilate. Of course, if the shoes are made conscientiously, and not bought around the corner in a shop. If you are afraid that your shoes will come unstuck, you can soak a cotton pad in green tea and wipe it from the inside.
- After drying shoes – fill them overnight mint or lemon balm leaves, tea leaves, dry oak bark etc.
- Purchase a special shoe ionizer… It will help you dry your shoes while you sleep, remove odors and disinfect them.
- Fold the shoes in a plastic bag, hide them in the freezer until morning (the main thing is to warn your household members about this). In winter, you can put it on the balcony – the frosty air helps to eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Change shoes at work, replacing it with a lighter one. If there is no opportunity to put on slippers or light shoes at work, then purchase 2-3 pairs of shoes to go out in new every day, leaving the other two for airing and drying them with ultraviolet / electric shoes (40 minutes is enough).
How to get rid of the smell of sweat in shoes (video)
And, of course, do not forget about regular change of socks, foot deodorants, timely removal of calluses and rough skin… But nylon tights (for women, note) the smell only enhances.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!