Each of us (especially mom and dad) is familiar with the phenomenon of paint stains on clothes. And it is absolutely not necessary to be a painter for this – it is enough to accidentally sit on a freshly painted bench or pick up the kid from drawing classes. Of course, the clothes are a pity, but you should not despair – there are many ways to remove the paint from the fabric.
Remember and act …
- Normal washing with laundry soap
Ideal for quick disposal from fresh stains of watercolor / gouacheas well as from water-based paint… If the stain has time to dry, we wash it first, then throw it into the washing machine with high-quality powder.
- Solvent (white spirit)
Use for stains from oil paint… Inexpensive, fast and efficient. Apply to a cotton pad and gently scrub the stain, after which we wash the item in the machine.
- Vegetable oil
Apply for stains oil paint for wool and cashmere… That is, for fabrics that rough cleaning is contraindicated… On the principle – “wedge by wedge”. Place a clean towel under the fabric and wipe the stain with a cotton pad, previously soaked in sunflower oil.
True, then you will also have to remove the stain from vegetable oil (but this is already easier to deal with).
We use for stains oil paint… We purchase exclusively refined special gasoline in the department of a hardware store and wipe the stain in the classical way – using a cotton pad.
Rememberthat regular gasoline poses a risk of staining the fabric, it is not recommended to use it.
- Laundry soap with boiling
Method suitable for breeding stains from cotton fabrics… Grind a half piece of soap (you can use a grater), pour it into the enamel / bucket (pan), add a spoonful of baking soda and fill it with water. After the water boils, we lower the thing (if the fabric is light) for 10-15 minutes in water. Or a section of a thing with a stain – for 10-15 seconds. If the result is bad, we repeat the procedure.
- Alcohol with soap
This method can be applied for delicate silk fabricth… We use it to remove stains from latex and other paint. To begin with, we rub the area of fabric damaged by a stain thoroughly with a household / soap. Next, rinse the fabric and treat the stain with heated alcohol. After – wash by hand in hot water.
- Alcohol with salt
Method – for fabrics from nylon / nylon… We rub the area of the thing with the stain with warm alcohol (use a cotton pad) from the inside out. Usually this method allows you to remove the stain. quickly and effortlessly… Next, rinse off the alcohol from the fabric using a saline solution.
- Kerosene, white spirit or refined gasoline for acrylic stains
Carefully apply the selected product to the stain and wait for it to soak. Next, we moisten a clean cloth (cotton / disc) in the chosen product and clean the stain. Then we soak white things with bleach, colored ones with stain remover. After – we wash as usual (in a typewriter, with powder).
- Hairspray, vinegar and ammonia
Option used for stains from hair dye… Spray hairspray on the stain, wipe it off with a cloth, then dilute the vinegar in warm water and carefully treat the stain with it. Next, add ammonia to a bowl of warm water and soak the fabric for half an hour. After – we erase as usual.
Its solution can be used to remove residual traces from the removed paint stain. We apply the concentrated solution to the fabric for 40 minutes (or 10-15, if the fabric is delicate), after which we wash it in a regular machine.
On a note:
- Remove stains in a timely manner! It is much easier to remove a fresh stain than to suffer with old and ingrained ones later.
- Before placing cotton wool with turpentine or acetone over the fabric, consider whether it is possible to process this fabric with such a product. Remember that the solvent lightens the fabric, which means it can spoil its appearance.
- Test the product on a piece of cloth hidden from prying eyes – from the inside out. For example, on a stitched flap or on the inner corner of the seam.
- Be sure to wash the item in the machine after processing and dry it for a couple of days in the fresh air.
- The attempt failed? Take the item to dry cleaning. Professionals are more savvy in these matters, and your item damaged by paint can be renewed without damaging the fabric.
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!