Every housewife faces the problem of sweat stains. As a rule, the appearance of such spots is most noticeable on the back and underarms. Moreover, silk and woolen fabrics “suffer” more than all others. The best way to deal with this problem is to wash your clothes on time (preferably with laundry soap). But if the spots do appear, then they should be removed correctly.
The content of the article:
Remove yellow sweat stains from white and light-colored clothing
- Baking soda. Mix soda with water (4 tablespoons / l per ¼ glass). Wipe the yellowed areas with the resulting paste with a brush. We leave the clothes in this state for an hour and a half. We wash it in the usual way and dry it at room temperature. If necessary, repeat according to the same scenario.
- Persol. This bleach is a chemical one. You should mix water with persalt (1 glass per 1 tsp), rub the mixture with a brush (carefully), leave in this form for one and a half to two hours, wash according to the usual scheme, dry.
- Vodka or vinegar. We mix vodka or vinegar (at choice) with water (1: 1), sprinkle the desired areas of clothing, wash as usual.
- Hydrogen peroxide. We soak the entire shirt or separate stains in water to which hydrogen peroxide has been added (1 tbsp / l per 1 liter), soaking time -30 minutes. Then we wash it according to the usual scheme, dry it, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
- Faerie… We mix the product with water (1 h / l per 1 glass), apply to areas of clothing with stains, leave for 2 hours. Then we erase in the usual way.
- Aspirin. Mix warm water and aspirin (1/2 cup for 2 pre-crushed tablets). We wet the stains with this solution, leave for 2-3 hours. We wash off the aspirin, we wash it in the usual way. If the stains are not removed, dilute the aspirin to a thick gruel (instead of ½ glass of water – a few drops), apply on the stains, wait another hour, then wash.
- Salt. We dilute water with salt (1 tbsp / l per glass), apply on stains, leave for a couple of hours, wash. The method is good for cotton fabrics, linen and silk
- Acetic essence or citric acid. We dilute the product with water (1 h / l per glass), wipe the stains, leave for one and a half to two hours, wash according to the usual scheme.
- Ammonium + salt. We mix water (glass) with brown or ammonia (1 tsp / l), add salt (1 tsp / l), apply on spots, rub with a brush. We are waiting for half an hour, we wash according to the usual scheme.
- Laundry soap + oxalic acid. Lather the brush with laundry soap, rub the stains, leave for half an hour, wash. Next, we wipe the fabric on the stained areas with a solution of oxalic acid (per glass – 1 tsp), rinse off after 10 minutes, wash.
- Ammonium and denatured alcohol. Mix in a 1 to 1 ratio (1 h / l), apply to fabric, wait half an hour, wash. You can mix denatured alcohol with yolk, repeat the procedure in the same sequence.
- Boiling + laundry soap. The method is suitable for cotton clothes and linen. We rub the household / soap on a fine grater (1/2 cup), put it in a metal bucket, boil the clothes until completely bleached – after boiling for 3-4 hours over low heat, stirring constantly. “
Removing white sweat stains from dark and black clothing
- Table salt + ammonia… Suitable for cotton fabrics and flax. Mix salt with warm water (1 h / l per glass) and ammonia (1 h / l), apply on stains, wait 15 minutes, rinse or wash.
- Salt. Can be used on silk. We mix salt with warm water (1 tsp per glass), pre-soak the clothes for 10 minutes in ordinary soapy water, then apply the solution to the stains, wait 10 minutes and wash.
- Laundry soap. We use it for woolen fabrics. Lather laundry soap in hot water, lather stained areas of clothing with it, soak the thing for an hour and a half, wash.
- Ammonia. Just add for hand wash: for 1 liter of warm water – 1 hour / product.
How to remove persistent sweat stains from clothes?
First of all, you need to remember that removal of old stains sweat always starts with pre-soaking – in ordinary soapy water, with powder, with bleach or detergent.
After soaking, rinse the item well, and only then use one of the stain removal methods…
Most popular methods:
- Vinegar + soda. Soak clothes in a vinegar solution (for 5 liters – 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar) for half an hour. Mix soda with warm water (4 tbsp / l per glass), rub the stains with a solution. We DO NOT use extra bleach to prevent the stains from darkening. We erase in the usual way.
- Salmon + lemon juice. Soak clothes in vinegar solution (see item 1) for half an hour. We dilute warm water with ammonia (1/2 cup per 1 tbsp / l), apply the solution to the spots. We rinse. Mix lemon juice with water (1 tbsp / l per ½ cup), soak the armpit area for 2 hours, wash.
- Aspirin + hydrogen peroxide. Soak clothes in soapy water. We make a paste from aspirin (2 tablets per 1 tsp / L of water), apply to stains, wait 3 hours, wash without bleach. Mix water with hydrogen peroxide (10 to 1), apply on stains, wait 10 minutes, wash.
Note to hostesses:
- Chlorine is not suitable for bleaching. Reacting with proteins of “sweaty” spots, it leads to darkening of the tissue in these areas.
- Not recommended rub your clothes hard when removing stains to avoid damage to paints.
- Acetone and acetic acid prohibited for removing stains on acetate silk.
- Gasoline solvents, benzene, etc. – prohibited for synthetics (nylon, nylon, etc.).
- Removal not recommended stains from cotton fabrics with strong acids (hydrochloric, nitric), and from wool and silk – with alkali.
- Each new method test on an area of fabric that, if accidentally damaged, will not spoil the appearance of the garment.
- Hot water fixes stains! It is recommended to wash your shirts / blouses at 30 degrees and then air dry.
- Recommended remove stains from the inside of clothing to avoid streaks around the stains. To protect clothing from this effect, you can moisten the fabric around the stain when removing it, or sprinkle it with chalk.
- When using hydrogen peroxide you should rinse your clothes several times – under the sun, peroxide leaves yellowness on your clothes!
Well, the last tip: avoid such antiperspirant deodorants, which contain a component that contributes to the appearance of stains – Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly.
If you liked our article, and you have any thoughts about this, share with us! Your opinion is very important for us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!