Today the topic of economical use of water, light and even food is more relevant than ever.
See also: How to properly dispose of old things?
Here are some ways to save water at home:
- Washing. Washing clothes in a washing machine requires much less water than washing by hand. In addition, you should be aware that top-loading machines require more water than front-loading machines for washing. The drum should be fully loaded in order to maximize the efficient use of water.
- Bathing – ideas for ergonomic baths. Very often you can hear that it is much more economical to use not a bath, but a shower. But this is only possible in certain cases. Taking a shower uses much less water than bathing in the bathroom, but only if the speed of bathing in the shower is very high and the correct water pressure is set. If a person wants to take a steam bath, it is much more convenient to take a bath of water. Special baths made of materials that retain heat for a long time will also help to save water.
- Installation of a water meter… Installing a water meter, of course, does not guarantee one hundred percent water savings, but it provides a decent savings for the family budget. It is unlikely that you will consume the amount of water for which payment is made in the absence of a water meter. In addition, the meter will always warn about cases of hidden water leakage.
- Nozzles for saving water. A relatively inexpensive and simple way to save water in everyday life is to use water-saving attachments. Their principle of operation is quite simple – they reduce the flow of water.
- Flushing the toilet. First, you can install a toilet with two drainage modes. Secondly, it is enough to put a 1 liter or 2 liter bottle of water filled with water in the flush tank. Each time you drain, this will save wasted water. The main thing is to pay attention that the container does not interfere with the operation of the drain mechanism.
- Replacement of conventional faucets in sinks and bathrooms with lever faucets. By replacing faucets with lever faucets, you can achieve significant water savings due to more rapid mixing of cold and hot water. That is, the time interval between obtaining the desired water temperature and turning on the tap is significantly reduced and, as a result, unnecessary water consumption is reduced.
- Using touch mixers. The principle of operation of touch-sensitive faucets is that water starts flowing when the hands are brought up and closes automatically when the hands are removed. In response to movement, the infrared sensor turns off and on the tap automatically. Even more economical use of the device can be achieved by setting the required water temperature.
- Serviceable taps. It should be noted that from three hundred to five hundred liters of water can flow out in a trickle per day.
- Use a glass of water when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Do not defrost food under cold running water, this will save a huge amount of water.
- Use corks for washing dishes in the sink…
- Wash your face in the bathroom over a bucket or basin… The accumulated water can be used to drain into the toilet.
- Purchase of drinking water. If there are natural sources of water in the area where you live, do not neglect them. Draw water from wells or pump rooms, this will help save you money.
- Household filter systems. If possible, install at home, although not cheap, but useful household water filtration system, designed for a long period of use. In household stationary filters, the cost of water is lower and more acceptable.
Thanks to these simple tips, you can use water efficiently and save on utility bills.
See also: The best trash cans for your kitchen – which trash can do you choose?
Share with us your recipes for saving water at home!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!