Giving toys to young children is always a pleasure, regardless of the gender of the child. Toys are bought by mothers and fathers, grandparents are “overwhelmed” with them, they are always brought by guests – friends and relatives. And now the baby’s toys can be loaded in wagons, and under their rubble before going to bed, you want to fall asleep from fatigue.
How many toys does a kid really need, and most importantly – how to teach a little one to clean them up after him? We bring up independence from an early age!
The content of the article:
- How many toys should the child play, and which ones?
- What if the child does not want to collect toys?
- How to teach a child 2-3 years old to clean toys
How many toys should a 2-3-year-old child have to play, and which ones?
The baby begins to get acquainted with the surrounding world through objects that he can reach with his eyes and hands. In the first years of life, acquaintance directly occurs through toys and games. Therefore, the role of toys at this age is very significant, and you need to choose them with the understanding that toys are the first “encyclopedia” for a baby. Toys should develop, captivate, enrich the personality of the baby.
Video: How to teach a child to put away toys?
By the age of 2-3, the baby already has a specific gaming experience: he is already able to determine what kind of toys he needs, what he will do with the chosen ones, and what result he wants to achieve.
The child already knows that you can feed your teddy bear with a spoon, and cars need a garage.
Toys should be bought with a clear understanding: they should be developed.
What toys does a child need 2-3 years old?
- Matryoshka dolls, inserts, cubes: for the development of logic.
- Mosaics, lacing, puzzles and construction sets, toys for playing with water and sand: for sensory experience, fine motor development.
- Animal toys, dominoes and bingo with images of animals and plants, various objects: to expand the horizons.
- Household items, doll houses and dishes, furniture, dolls themselves: for social development.
- Balls and pins, wheelchairs and cars, bicycles, etc.: for physical development.
- Musical toys: for the development of hearing.
- Fun toys (lumberjack bear cubs, tops, pecking hens, etc.): for positive emotions.
How many toys can you give a baby 2-3 years old at the same time?
According to psychologists, a large number of toys scatters children’s attention, and focusing on one is already a problem. Lack of mindfulness and concentration is a “brake” for development.
The less toys a child has, the richer his imagination, the more games he comes up with with them, the easier it is to teach him order.
For example, you can take a shovel, a scoop and molds outside and teach your kid to build construction sites or garages, dig canals for future rivers, etc.
The children’s room should not be overcrowded either. Hide the extra toys in the closet, and then, when the child gets bored with their toys, exchange them for hidden ones.
2-3 toys are enough for the game. The rest – on shelves and in boxes.
What to do if the child categorically does not want to collect toys after playing, before going to bed, on demand – important tips
Do you make your child put away toys every night with a scandal? And he doesn’t want to?
At 2 years old – this is normal.
But, at the same time, 2 years is the ideal age at which it is time to accustom the baby to order.
Video: How to teach a child to clean toys – basic teaching rules
The main thing is to remember the basic rules for the development of children’s independence in cleaning:
- Organize the children’s room space so that the child is not only comfortable putting away toys, but also wants to do it. Beautiful and bright boxes and buckets, bags and baskets always stimulate children to clean.
- Teach that each toy has its own place. For example, animals live on a shelf, a designer in a container, dolls in a house, cars in a garage, etc. The child must clearly understand that he will always find a toy where he put it away.
- Use a playful cleaning format. Children do not tolerate an ordering tone, but they love games. Be wiser – teach your toddler how to clean the room through play.
- Be an example for your child. Let cleaning before bed become a good family tradition.
- Don’t let your child get lazy. Cleaning of toys should take place without fail before, for example, swimming or an evening fairy tale. Choose a time for cleaning when the baby has not yet had time to completely get tired.
- Cleaning is not a punishment! The more fun the procedure of cleaning toys, the more impatiently the child will wait for it.
- Be sure to praise your baby for order.… Praise is a great motivator.
It is forbidden:
- Order and demand.
- Screaming at the child.
- Forcing by force.
- Get out instead of him.
- Demand perfect cleaning.
- Buy cleaning for prizes and awards. The best reward should be praise from your mom and a bedtime story.
The main task of the mother is to teach the baby not only to work, but also to love work.
The earlier you start, the more independent your child will be.
How to teach a 2-3 year old child to clean toys – 10 steps to order in the nursery
As stated above, the best method of teaching cleaning is to turn it into a game.
We choose games based on the psychological characteristics of the child, his age and mother’s imagination.
To your attention – the best ways, the most effective and 100% working:
- Role-playing games. For example, a child is the driver of a serious snowblower who was given the task of removing all the snow (toys) and taking it out of the city to a special landfill (in boxes and bedside tables). Or today the child has the role of a driver who takes everyone home: you can use a big toy car to take dolls to their houses, cars to garages, etc.
- Creative approach… Does your child love to fantasize and invent? Come up with useful tools for cleaning toys with him. From what is at hand. For example, you can glue an airplane out of the box, which will deliver toys to places. And on an airplane mat (made of cardboard, paintable), you can transport various little things.
- A real children’s quest… We draw a colorful map with 5-7 cities. The kid travels from the first to the last station, receiving assignments from “local residents”. Some ask to clear their lake (carpet) of toys so that the fish can breathe. Others ask to harvest (lego) crops before it rains. Still others are simply hospitable people who treat them to fruits. Etc. The more adventures, the more fun cleaning!
- Family evening “mini-subbotniks”… So that the child does not feel like the only “cleaner” in the house, we join the cleaning process with the whole family. For example, while the child collects toys, mom wipes the dust on the shelves, the older sister water the flowers, and dad puts big balls, beanbag chairs and pillows in their places.
- Save up glasses… Motivation in the form of a prize or candy is not pedagogical. But the points gained during the cleaning are already a reason to get out, and the benefit for everyone. We enter the points collected for cleaning into a special journal, for example, with the help of a bright sticker. At the end of the week (no more, children do not perceive long periods of waiting), according to the number of points scored, the mother and the child go to the zoo, to the skating rink or to the museum (or somewhere else). At the same time, we learn to count. 2 stickers – just a park. 3 stickers – picnic in the park. 4 stickers – zoo. Etc.
- Competition. If there are two or more children, then the team spirit will help you! Competition is the ideal method of fostering independence. Whoever quickly puts things in order in his area allocated for cleaning chooses a bedtime story.
- Great escape. If none of the methods work, we arrange the “escape” of the toys. After the child falls asleep, we collect almost all the toys and hide them as far as possible. After the child has missed them, we give them one at a time and see if he puts them back in place after the game. If you clean up in the evening, then in the morning another toy returns, which can only live in cleanliness. Didn’t get out – not one came back. Naturally, it is important to explain that the toys escaped precisely because of the mess. Do not forget to read the tale about Moidodyr, for example, to consolidate the material.
- Each toy has its own house… Make houses with your child – bright, beautiful and comfortable. Dolls live, for example, on a shelf in a closet, and a constructor in a container house with colored windows, plush animals – in a box with windows and curtains on the windows, and cars – in honeycomb garages (we do it, again, out of the box) or on shelf. We must explain that as a child goes to bed at night, toys also want to sleep in their houses.
- Who quickly? We divide the room in half with skittles, put 2 large containers and put together the toys for a race with the baby. Whoever removes more – he chooses a fairy tale, a cartoon or a song for the night.
- Fairy cleaning lady. We put wings on the child: today your daughter is a fairy who rescues her toys from the evil dragon and puts things in order in her magical land. A boy can choose the role of a robot, a policeman, or even a president who bypasses his country before going to bed and saves it from chaos.
- We work on packing… For example, we collect small toys in one box, soft toys in another, round ones in the third, and so on. Or we arrange it by color (by “family”, by shape, by size, etc.).
Video: Developers. How to teach a child to put away toys?
Turn on your imagination! And your child will love cleaning as much as cartoons before bed.
Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article! We will be very pleased if you share your parenting experience and advice!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!