Hypoallergenic laundry detergents – which ones to choose? Top 5
Modern detergents and cleaning products contain aggressive chemical components that have a negative effect on the skin. Fortunately, there are hypoallergenic detergents that any housewife can use for washing!
The Bologny editors have made for you a selection of the best laundry detergents that are absolutely safe for allergy sufferers.
How to tell if you are allergic to laundry detergent
Most people are guided by their own needs when choosing a washing powder. Most often, we pay attention to the cost of the powder, and sometimes to its fame. A low price and high-quality washing is not a guarantee that the washing powder is environmentally friendly and will not harm everyone.
The traditional manifestations of powder allergy are:
- Redness and itching of the skin (in children, red rashes appear on the face, lower back, ankles).
- Swelling and peeling of the skin.
- Small rash (very similar to hives).
- In rare cases, the penetration of fine powder particles into the respiratory tract is possible. which causes allergic rhinitis, as well as cough and even bronchospasm.
What causes allergies and how to protect yourself from it?
So what triggers an allergy to laundry detergent? Have you ever tried to read the composition of household products that you use to put things in order and cleanliness? So most of the products presented on the domestic market do not meet international environmental standards.
And all because most of the CIS countries have not abandoned the use of phosphate detergents. Thanks to phosphate compounds, the water softens and the whitening qualities of the powder increase. And they also cause allergies, which manifests itself in different ways in different people: someone scratched his hand several times and forgot about it, and someone for years cannot understand what kind of rash he has all over his body?
By following these rules, you will reduce the risk of allergies in yourself or your loved ones, as well as bring a piece of soul into maintaining balance in nature:
- When buying another pack of washing powder, be guided not by economy, but by common sense. Be sure to make sure the powder is free of phosphates.
- The strong aromatic smell of clothes after washing suggests that a number of fragrances abound in the composition of the powder, which can cause allergic rhinitis and cough. Make sure there is less than one flavor in the powder.
- During washing, it is necessary to strictly observe the “doses” of the powder indicated on the package. If the packaging says that you need 2 caps for hand washing, then you should not use more, you can thereby harm yourself and your loved ones.
- A good laundry detergent should not foam too much, the less foam the better.
- If you wash by hand (and this applies to all young mothers), wear gloves! By doing this you will not only preserve the beauty and tenderness of your hands, but also your health.
- When washing children’s clothes, rinse the laundry several times, even if you wash it with a special baby powder. This applies to both hand and machine wash.
- The ideal alternative to baby powder is baby soap. Although, of course, it is not able to cope with many stains.
Top 5 best hypoallergenic laundry detergents
Eco-friendly Frosch Bleach Powder
The advantage of the German brand Frosch (toad) is its ecological attitude.
This brand produces extremely safe household “chemicals” that can easily cope with pollution, while being completely safe for humans. Products of this brand are ideal for families with children (from infant to teenager).
The cost of production is acceptable and meets the “price-quality” criterion.
A bonus to product safety is its concentration, which makes the funds last for a long time.
Frau Helga Super Washing Powder
This is a great alternative to expensive eco-friendly powders. The package (600 g) is enough for a long time.
The powder does not contain phosphates, is hypoallergenic, readily soluble, subject to temperature conditions.
The only drawback of this powder is that it is not suitable for washing wool and silk.
Baby Bon Automat Laundry Detergent (Delicate)
Hypallergenic washing powder-concentrate, complies with all environmental standards.
Suitable for all types of washing and copes well with stains (even old ones).
Economical to use, it is perfect for people prone to allergies, as well as for small children.
Burti Baby Washing Powder
This is an environmentally friendly washing powder that is used for both hand and machine washing.
The powder is concentrated, designed for a month.
It is hypoallergenic and does not contain phosphates.
Washing powder Amway SA8 Premium
This is one of the most popular powders.
Its popularity is due to the fact that it is an environmentally friendly product that washes even the most difficult dirt at temperatures from 30 to 90 degrees.
Moreover, it contains a salt of silicic acid, which prevents rusting of fasteners and other metal inserts.
In addition, the components of the powder do not cause irritation and are well washed off without forming a soapy film.
We distinguish a fake from the original. Where is the best place to buy washing powder?
It’s a shame when your trusted favorite powder fails! Nowadays, it is very common to find a counterfeit of any product. In order not to get caught in the network of scammers, observe the following precautions:
- So, you go to the store (or buy from your hands) and look for a certain powder on the shelf. Of course, you cannot open the package and visually or smell the quality of the powder. However, you can still visually determine if it is a fake? Take a close look at the packaging, it should be with clear letters, the same color as stated. You may need to keep the original packaging to do this.
- The packaging must clearly indicate the manufacturer, address as well as the address of the supplier in your country. Everything should be easy to read, the expiration date is indicated.
- As for the contents of the powder, after opening, make sure that there are no lumps in the powder, the powder should be crumbly.
- The smell of the powder should not be harsh and without strong fragrances, from which an immediate attack of sneezing begins;
- In addition, there is a “recipe” through which you can determine the quality of the powder: you need to drop 3 drops of greenery into a glass of water. Then add a spoonful of washing powder, stir and after 5 minutes the water should turn white … Ie. the greenery should dissolve in the powder. If the contents turn white, then you have not purchased a fake product!
Many people ask themselves – where is it safe to buy washing powder? There is no definite answer here, a fake can be purchased everywhere, both in a regular store and on the market. The safest way is to purchase powder in brand stores, as well as order directly from representatives (as is the case with Amway).
Your family’s safety is in your hands! If you like any product, be sure to keep the original packaging, if possible, carry it with you and compare the proposed product with the already tested one. And also do not forget to evaluate the quality of the powder visually, and keep the receipt, so that in case of anything, it would be possible to prove a case of fraud!
What kind of detergents do you use? Share with us in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!