I was not invited to the wedding by my best friend – to take offense or forget?
Together – through fire, water and copper pipes. Together – tears into the pillow about unfulfilled love. Always there, and no secrets from each other. Best friend – well, who could be closer (after your parents and your beloved, of course)? And now she is preparing for the wedding, and even the invitations have been sent out, and you are running around the shops looking for the best present … But for some reason you were not invited. It’s insulting, annoying, incomprehensible. What is the reason? And how to communicate further?
The content of the article:
The reasons why I was not invited to the wedding – we are looking together
The reason may be the most unexpected (women are such unpredictable creatures), but the following are the most popular …
- You are not that close friend to her. It happens. You consider a person as your best friend, but he does not consider you. That is, there is friendship, but besides you, it also has closer friends.
- You offended her in some way. Remember – could you inadvertently offend your friend, offend, offend.
- The wedding day has not yet arrived, and you have not received an invitation, because you are the main welcome guest even without any invitations.
- The circle of invitees is limited, the limit of funds for a wedding is also, and there are too many relatives to invite even close friends. By the way, this is the most common reason.
- Her future spouse is against your presence at the wedding (or parents).
- You are the ex-girlfriend of the groom, his friend, or someone invited. In this case, of course, you will not be invited to avoid problems and unnecessary force majeure.
- Your friend and her fiancé have decided not to invite anyone to the wedding. And to celebrate it together, on the sly. They have the right to do so.
- She just forgot to send you an invitation. And so it also happens. When you fly on the wings of love, and even in the pre-wedding turmoil, it is so easy to forget about everything in the world.
- The invitation sent by mail just didn’t get it (got lost).
- You do not know what the “golden mean” is in alcohol. That is, a friend is afraid that you will overdo it with champagne and start “dancing on the table”.
- Your husband (partner) is an unwanted person at the wedding.
What to do if a friend has not invited you to the wedding – all options for your actions
So you weren’t invited. You do not know the reasons. You are confused, you are offended, upset. What to do and how to react? Everything depends on you…
- The easiest way is not to guess at the coffee grounds, but to ask a friend directly. It is quite possible that the reason is much simpler than you “wind up” yourself.
- Or (if you are a proud person) just pretend that you didn’t even notice this fact. Wedding? What wedding? Oh, wow, congratulations, dear!
- Is the wedding just ahead? Wait to panic. Perhaps you just forgot to send an invitation in the confusion, or the doors are open for you even without these conventions.
- The date of the wedding is tomorrow, and your friend never called? Go straight to the registry office. By the reaction of a friend, you will immediately understand whether she forgot about you or really did not want to see her at her celebration of life. In the second option, you can simply give a gift and, wishing you happiness, leave, referring to your deeds.
- You don’t have to ask anything at all. Just end the relationship and forget that you had a girlfriend. The option is not the most beautiful and not the most correct (you need to be able to forgive insults).
- Show up directly to the restaurant where the wedding is being held, get drunk, dance a striptease to the groom and finally fight with someone is absolutely not an option. It is unlikely that a friend will appreciate it.
- Send congratulations via SMS. Without reproaches and jokes – just sincerely congratulate and forget (you have done your duty, the rest is on your friend’s conscience) about the insults. Save money on a gift at the same time.
And if it’s no joke, there are situations in life when you just need to understand a person and forgive. The wedding will pass, and friendship (if it really is friendship) is for life.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!