Women preparing for the birth of a baby are thinking about the payments that they can receive while on maternity leave.
In this article, we will tell you how you can calculate the amount of maternity benefits yourself, indicate what has changed in 2019, and also indicate what the maximum and minimum payments for mothers can be in the next annual period.
The content of the article:
- Who is eligible for maternity
- Changes in the calculation of benefits in 2019
- Calculation formula
- How to calculate correctly
- Amount of payments
- Registration of manuals on BiR
Who is eligible for maternity benefits?
The right to receive maternity benefits or maternity benefits in 2019 remains with:
- Pregnant women working officially.
- Expectant mothers working temporarily.
- Women who are waiting for the birth of a baby and are considered temporarily unemployed.
- Female military personnel.
- Dismissed employees in case of liquidation of the company.
- Pregnant female students.
All listed citizens must receive maternity benefits.
If the employer refuses to make payments, then you can safely contact the law enforcement agencies and call him to account, because by such actions he will break the law.
Main calculation indicators changed in 2019
In 2019, the indicators for calculating maternity benefits have changed.
We will mark all the values that will help you with the calculation of the payment
- The minimum wage (minimum wage). In 2019, this figure will be 11,280 rubles. If the cost of living is changed next year, then the minimum wage will change and amount to the federal cost of living for the working-age population.
- In 2019, for the calculation will be used the established limit bases for calculating insurance premiums for 2017 – 755,000 rubles. and for 2018 – 815,000 rubles…
- Average earnings will be determined for 2 calendar years. The minimum and maximum value of the average daily earnings (SDZ). The minimum SDZ is set at 370.85 rubles, and the maximum SDZ is 2150.69 rubles.
Noticethat if during 2017 and 2018 the employee was not sick, and did not take leave for BiR or childcare, then the billing period will be 730 days.
It must be understood that to calculate the average daily earnings, only those payments are used from which contributions were made to the Social Insurance Fund for VNiM (contributions to compulsory social insurance in case of temporary disability and in connection with motherhood).
The formula for calculating the maternity allowance in 2019
The maternity allowance next year will be calculated according to the following formula:
The amount of the maternity allowance
|=||Average daily earnings||X||
Number of calendar days of vacation
The allowance is paid in one amount for the entire period of maternity leave. All days are taken into account: working days, weekends and holidays.
How to calculate maternity with an experience of more or less than 6 months – step-by-step instructions for mothers
In order to calculate the amount of the benefit yourself, follow these instructions:
Step 1. Sum up the income
Salary, vacation payments, bonuses – for the past two years (2017 and 2018) before receiving maternity leave.
If these amounts exceed the maximum wage established by the state, then you will receive the highest benefit amount, which is RUB 207,123.00. If your amounts are less than the maximum wage limit, then use the formula:
- 1 year – the sum of all income for one billing year.
- 2 year – the sum of all income for the second year involved in the calculation.
- 731 Is the number of days taken into account in the calculation (two years).
- Sick. – the sum of sick days for the period of time taken into account in the calculations (two years).
- D – This is the number of days recorded on the sick leave, which is issued due to pregnancy and childbirth (from 140 to 194 days).
Step 2. Determine the value of the average daily earnings
To do this, you need to use the following formula:
The excluded days include periods of temporary incapacity for work, the time when the employee was on BIR or childcare leave, as well as exemptions with partial or full salary retention, from which contributions were not accrued to VNM.
Step 3. Determine the amount of your daily allowance
To do this, you need to multiply the SDZ by 100%.
Step 4. Calculate the amount of maternity allowance
Rememberif your real income is less than the minimum wage, then the statutory minimum benefit is assigned.
If the average income for the reporting period exceeded the minimum wage, the mother will receive 100% of the average monthly earnings. And if the average monthly income turns out to be less than the minimum wage, then in 2019 the payment will be 11,280 rubles.
Substitute these values into the formula:
TOnumber of vacation days
We will tell you in more detail how to calculate the payment of benefits for different insurance lengths
1 case. If the insurance experience is less than 6 months
If by the beginning of the vacation the employee’s experience is less than six months, then the calculation of the maternity allowance is made as follows:
- Calculate your average daily earnings.
- Determine the daily allowance based on the minimum wage for each calendar month of maternity leave. To do this, we divide the minimum wage by the number of calendar days in a month and multiply by the number of vacation days in that month. To calculate the benefit, take the lower of the comparable values.
- Calculate the amount of the benefit. To do this, multiply the average daily earnings by the number of vacation days.
2 case. If the insurance experience is more than 6 months
If by the time the vacation begins, the employee’s insurance experience is six or more months, then the maternity allowance in 2019 is calculated as follows:
- Determine the size of the average daily earnings.
- Calculate the accruals in favor of the employee, subject to contributions to the Social Insurance Fund for the billing period.
- Compare the results obtained with the limit value: for 2017 it is 755,000 rubles, for 2018 – 815,000 rubles. For further calculation, take the smaller value from those compared.
- Calculate your average daily earnings. To do this, add up the amount of income for the billing period and divide by the number of calendar days taken into account in this period.
- The average daily earnings received are compared with the maximum established amount – 2,150.68 rubles. To calculate the benefit, take the lower of the comparable values.
- Compare the average daily earnings with the minimum allowable amount of RUB 370.85. Take the larger of the values to calculate the allowance.
- Calculate the amount of the benefit. To do this, multiply the average daily earnings by the number of vacation days according to the basic formula.
Follow the instructions, then you will not have any difficulties with the calculation.
Maternity benefits for women in 2019 – the exact amount of maternity benefits
Since all important indicators are already known, experts have calculated the minimum and maximum amount of maternity benefits that Russian women can receive in 2019.
We present in the tabular data the sizes of possible payments for pregnancy and childbirth.
|Circumstances of pregnancy||The minimum and maximum amount of the benefit until January 1, 2019||Minimum and maximum benefit amount after January 1, 2019|
|For uncomplicated pregnancy and 140 working days leave (70 days prenatal and 70 days postpartum).||Not less than 51 380 rubles.
and no more than 282,493.4 rubles.
|Not less than RUB 51,919
and no more than RUB 301,096.6
|Premature birth at 22-30 weeks at 156 days.||Not less than 57,252 rubles.
and not more than 314,778.36 rubles.
|Not less than 57,852.6 rubles.
and not more than 335,507.64 rubles.
|Multiple pregnancies at 194 days (84 days prenatal and 110 days postpartum).||Not less than 71 198 rubles.
and not more than 391,455.14 rubles.
|Not less than 71,994.9 rubles.
and not more than 417 233.86 rubles.
Maternity leave – what else do you need to know?
Consider the following nuances when registering a vacation and payments:
- The payment is provided by the FSS of the Russian Federation, and the employer pays benefits in the near future: on the day defined as the day of payment of wages.
- In a situation where you need to go on maternity leave (MA), and you are on parental leave at this time, you will need to write several statements. In the first, you will ask to interrupt the parental leave, and in the second, you will be granted a BIR leave. For the calculation they will take the two last but one years, that is, those when you were on leave for BiR, as well as for childcare. These years may be replaced by the previous ones (according to clause 1 of Art. 14 255-FZ). To do this, you will need to write another statement.
- It must be remembered that a certificate of incapacity for work for the provision of maternity leave as the first part of maternity leave must be issued within a strictly defined period, namely a certain number of days before delivery.
- As a rule, the entire procedure for issuing a benefit is carried out under the guidance of an employee of the personnel department.
Before registration, it will be necessary to prepare documentation for leave and maternity benefits.
Collect and prepare:
- Sick leave issued for the entire period of incapacity for work 140, 156 or 194 days.
- Certificate of registration with antenatal clinics in early pregnancy – up to 12 weeks (if available).
- Application addressed to the employer.
- Identity documents.
- Certificate of income for the last year of work.
- Bank account or card number where benefits will be transferred.
According to the legislation of the Russian Federation, maternity allowance is calculated within 10 days from the moment the insured person provided a certificate of incapacity for work to receive the required benefits.
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for taking the time to get acquainted with our materials!
We are very pleased and important to know that our efforts are noticed. Please share your impressions of what you read with our readers in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!