Home to bananas in Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands, bananas are undeniably beneficial to our bodies. In addition, they are an export product and bring financial prosperity to India, China and the countries of South America.
Consider how they are useful, which of them are the most delicious, and whether they have contraindications.
The content of the article:
Where are bananas brought to Russia from, and which of them are the most delicious and healthy?
Bananas arrive in Russian stores from Ecuador and Colombia. There are about 500 varieties in total.
The most common, tasty and healthy ones:
They are very sweet and smell good. They are only 7.5 cm long. They are bright yellow in color and have a creamy flesh. They are being taken to Russia from South America. Baby bananas are healthier than all others.
This variety is the most common. It has a bright yellow color and green spots. When overripe, the 15-25 centimeter fruit turns black, and the pulp is very tasty and sweet.
This fruit contains the most beta-carotene and vitamin C. It is much nicer and sweeter. A red banana has a burgundy or purple rind and pink flesh with a raspberry flavor.
- Manzano or apple bananas
These fruits are small and have a strawberry-apple flavor. They are tasty and ripe when their rind is completely blackened.
Bananas in this variety are square in shape and have a lemon flavor. Their peel, when ripe, is yellow with black spots, and the flesh is creamy, white.
Banana composition and nutritional value
One banana weighs approximately 217 grams, while the pulp weighs 130 g.
In general, a banana is very high in calories, since:
- 100 g of fresh banana contains 96 kcal.
- In the same amount of candied banana there are 297 kcal.
- And 100 g of frozen banana is 117 kcal.
Banana contains nutrients, of course.
Nutritional value of 100 g of banana:
- Proteins -1.5 g.
- Fat – 0.5 g.
- Carbohydrates – 21 g.
- Water – 74 g.
- Dietary fiber, including fiber – 1.7 g.
- Organic acids – 0.4 g.
Also, banana contains many vitamins:
- Beta-carotene – 0.12 mg.
- A – 20 mcg.
- C – 10 mg.
- E – 0.4 mg.
- K – 0.5 μg.
- B vitamins: thiamine (B1) – 0.04 mg., Riboflavin (B2) – 0.05 mg., B5 – 0.3 mg., B6 – 0.4 mg., B9 – 10 μg.
- PP – 0.6 mg.
- Choline – 9.8 mg
It also contains useful micro and macro elements:
- Calcium – 8 mg
- Potassium – 348 mg.
- Magnesium – 42 mg
- Sodium – 31 mg
- Phosphorus – 28 mg
- Ash – 0.9 mg.
- Iron – 0.6 mg.
- Fluorine – 2.2 mcg.
- Zinc -0.15 mg.
- Manganese – 0.27 mg
- Selenium – 1 mcg
Who are bananas shown to, and how much can you eat?
Banana is a nutritious food. It is better to use it in the first half of the day, then all the calories consumed can be digested in a day, and the nutrients will have time to be absorbed.
Doctors advise to eat no more than two bananas a day, before meals, as they take a long time to digest – within 4 hours.
They should be consumed not only by adults, but also by children. In rare cases, they cause allergies, mainly in babies.
And also bananas:
- Increase the immune function of the body. Due to the large amount of vitamin C, they are able to cure colds, sore throats and other viral diseases.
- Improves memory and attention.
- Suppress stress, help resist irritability, fight insomnia and improve performance.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Relieves constipation.
- Helps get rid of PMS and reduces bleeding during the menstrual period.
Who are bananas contraindicated for?
Doctors advise the following people not to consume bananas:
- Suffering from thrombophlebitis, coronary heart disease, increased blood clotting, varicose veins. And also for diabetics.
- Under the age of 3. Banana can cause allergies as the baby’s digestive system cannot handle heavy food.
- Suffering from gastritis or stomach ulcers.
Bananas in the diet of infants, nursing mothers, pregnant women, allergy sufferers, diabetics – we answer all questions
Let’s answer the main questions that many people have when using this tropical fruit.
From how many months can a banana be given to babies?
- It is not necessary to give a banana to the baby. His digestive system will not be able to digest such a heavy fruit.
- In addition, the immune system can react with a severe allergic reaction.
- But, if you still want to take a chance, then make complementary foods at the age of 6-8 months.
How many bananas can a child have per day?
- Note that bananas are contraindicated under 3 years of age.
- Nutritionists advise older children to give 1-2 bananas a day. The daily requirement for potassium in children is 1 gram, and in 1 banana it is almost 3.50.
Can you eat bananas for diabetes?
- In diabetes mellitus, it is forbidden to eat bananas, as they have an average glycemic index of 65. Bananas sharply increase blood sugar levels.
Can bananas be used for pregnant women?
- Bananas can be eaten by pregnant women, as they save heartburn and help to cope with loose stools.
- Doctors recommend that pregnant women eat 2-3 bananas.
Bananas in the diet of lactating women
- When breastfeeding, it is best to skip this nutritious fruit. It can cause allergies in babies.
Can a banana cause allergies?
- Certainly. If you want to pamper your child, it is worth introducing this product into the diet in small doses, gradually increasing the dose.
Bananas for diseases of the digestive tract
- Bananas are a great food for relieving constipation. It normalizes the digestive tract.
- But it is forbidden to eat a banana for gastritis, colitis and stomach ulcers.
Bananas on our menu
Bananas are eaten mostly fresh.
Here are some delicious and healthy banana recipes:
- Cottage cheese with apples and bananas
- Banana coctail
- Banana chips
- Fried banana
- Banana smoothie
- Porridge with banana
- Banana cake
- Banana mousse
- Pancakes with banana
- Banana pancakes
- Banana muffin
How to buy bananas correctly?
- Before you buy bananas, pay attention to the peel. It should be golden yellow in color.
- It is better not to buy green bananas, they have starch that cannot be absorbed by our body.
- Perhaps the bananas will have brown spots, it’s okay, some varieties will form them when ripe.
- Pick bananas with brushes.
How to store bananas correctly – useful tips
- Don’t put them in the refrigerator. At low temperatures, their rind will turn black faster.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not store in a bag, as this will rot faster.
- Add an apple to the unripe bananas. It will help the fruit ripen.
- Overripe fruits should be kept in the refrigerator.
Banana in diets for weight loss and muscle gain
Banana is very high in calories and nutritious. Nutritionists advise sticking to special banana diets if you really need it. Eating three bananas a day and drinking liters of water will help you lose weight, but can also harm the body. After all, everyone’s digestive processes proceed differently.
Banana is great for those interested in gaining muscle mass. It should be consumed in the morning, you can replace it with a portion of oatmeal.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!