The best educational games for children under one year old
The first six months of a baby’s life is the study of the surrounding world with the help of hearing, vision, gums and palms. For the next six months, the baby examines objects, dragging them, throwing them, disassembling and putting them into each other.
What is better to play with a baby at this age, and what toys will help his development?
See also: Black and white educational pictures for newborns from 0 to 1 year old – print and play!
The content of the article:
Tactile toys for children under one year old develop fine motor skills of hands
First of all, you should choose such toys intelligently. The kid tastes everything through touch, and the development of his nervous system at this particular age occurs very quickly through touch. Accordingly, the development of the crumbs to a large extent depends from the number and variety (to the touch) of toys… Such toys can be:
- “Tactile” rug. You can buy it in a store or make it yourself by sewing it from multi-colored scraps of fabric and adding various laces, beads, buttons, etc.
- Bag toys. Cloth bags should be filled with various cereals (tightly so as not to spill!) – beans, peas, etc.
- Finger paints…
Functional toys for a child up to one year old – interesting tools for manipulation
At this age, the baby is most interested in the possibility of various manipulations with the object – that is, assembly and disassembly, rolling, throwing, jerking levers, pressing buttons, inserting one object into another, etc. These toys are needed for the development of fine motor skills, logic, attention… And, of course, it is preferable to take one multifunctional toy than five useless ones. For instance:
- Buckets, boxes, dishes etc. It is desirable, transparent and of different sizes, with the ability to fold them using the “nesting dolls” method.
- Educational wooden toys – cubes, pyramids, wheelchairs, figurines, lacing, constructors, building kits, etc.
- Music Box…
- Glasses-pyramids with holes. They can be taken in a bath, in a sandbox, towers can be built from them and collected with a “matryoshka”.
- Cubes with vivid pictures… They contribute to the development of attention, eye, coordination.
- Pyramids with rings… Pyramids of several vertically arranged rods, with the possibility of stringing balls and rings.
- Plastic liners. There are many such toys today. The slots in the special box are shaped like small items that must be put inside. You can replace a purchased toy with a plastic piggy bank into which you can throw coins.
- Rattles. Musical toys with many buttons and different sounds. Musical instruments.
- Bath toys (of various shapes and colors, floating and spinning, blowing bubbles and changing color).
- Balls. It is better to purchase three balls – one huge, one bright ordinary one so that the child can hold it in his hands, and one “pimpled”.
- Cars and animals on wheels… Rolling toys.
Expanding the horizons of children under one year old
You should not impose on a child that vision for which he is not yet ready. Everything has its time and its own age. Pay attention to what the baby is reaching for, and subtly try to interest him in something new.
Read also: 10 educational games and applications for the ipad for kids from 0 to 1 year old.
Loves to ride cars? Develop your child in a given direction. You can buy cars of different models and colors (train, truck, fire engine, etc.). Can’t buy? You can draw them or cut them out of postcards. Through the game, the baby will better remember:
- The form
- Slowly fast
- Back forward
- Quietly loudly
And if you put passengers in cars, you can tell the kid who and where is going on a typewriter (a bear goes to the forest, a doll goes to a house, etc.). The child will not understand half of what you have said, but the objects will begin to recognize and memorize, highlighting their common features.
Educational games with cards for a baby of the first year of life
Traditional educational game. It consists in studying the cards with the baby, which show letters, numbers, animals, various objects etc. Introduce the child to each picture, remembering to accompany the acquaintance with sounds and stories about the properties of a particular object. You can make them on one’s ownby cutting out from magazines and gluing to cardboard rectangles.
What games do you offer for your kid? Mom reviews
– My son likes the toy with molds the most. Objects of various shapes (an asterisk, a flower, a triangle, a square) need to be pushed into a special house. Or build a tower. And then break it with pleasure.))
– And we put several types of cereals in a bowl (pasta, peas, beans, etc.), then we throw all sorts of buttons and balls there, and mix. The son can poke around in this bowl for hours, feeling each pea with his fingers. For the development of fine motor skills – cheap and cheerful.))) The main thing is not to leave the child a single step.
– We once saw on TV a program about drawing in the sand. Somehow I didn’t want to carry sand into the house. My husband and I, without thinking twice, poured a thin layer of semolina onto a baking sheet. Here’s a child, something!)) And themselves too. Cleaning only then a lot. But there are a lot of pleasures! And the best games, as you know, are those that bring the most positive emotions.
– They just did it for my daughter: they poured water into a basin and threw various balls and plastic toys there that would not sink. My daughter caught them with a spoon and squeaked with pleasure. A good option is also fish with magnets, which you need to fish with a line.
– We tried a lot of things. Bread molding became a favorite pastime. We sculpt directly from the crumb. The simplest figures.
– We are mastering “architecture” with our son))). We bought cubes. Various sizes, bright cubes, plastic. We learn to build towers so that they do not fall. A week passed, the son finally understood how to put it so that it would not collapse right away. It is interesting to watch his “discoveries” and panting.))
– The best educational games are nursery rhymes! Purely Russian, folk! Okay, magpie-crow, from bump to bump, etc. The main thing is with expression, with emotions, so that the baby gets carried away. And they also took a whirligig and a carousel with buttons by the age of seven. It turned out inexpensively, but I played from morning to evening. True, I learned to start the whirlpool on my own only by 11 months.))
– And we put the cups. The most common, bought in Ikea. There are different patterns and holes. We carry them everywhere with us. We gnaw, build turrets, pour everything into them, shove toys, fold them with matryoshka dolls. In general, a thing for all times and occasions.)))
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!