No matter how old a woman is, smooth and healthy skin remains her main task in improving her appearance. And even when there is too little time left for oneself, or the requests for one’s appearance are not overstated, skin care is an obligatory daily ritual. And proper care is impossible without proper cleansing. One of the most effective cleansers you can create yourself without bothering to visit a beauty salon is a scrub.
COLADY editors are the best home scrubs for facial cleansing from cosmetologists.
The content of the article:
Do I need to scrub my skin?
The word “scrub” is familiar to any woman. But not everyone knows about its correct choice, recipe and application. What is this tool for?
- Deep cleansing of the skin from dead cells.
- Restoration of normal blood microcirculation and metabolic processes.
- Improving complexion.
- Smoothness and tenderness of the skin.
The atmosphere of megalopolises does not contribute to the health of the skin – it becomes dirty faster, the pores become clogged, and the production of sebum increases. As a result, the skin ages faster, and there is no need to talk about blackheads and other “joys” on the face.
Considering the environmental situation, stress and snacks instead of full-value nutrition, the creams with lotions that we use every day, of course, are not enough for high-quality skin cleansing. Here the scrub comes to the rescue, which is a product made from a soft, gentle base and abrasive particles.
The best recipes for homemade facial scrubs from a dermatologist, cosmetologist Christina Titkova
A scrub is a cosmetic product containing abrasive particles.
Abrasive particles vary in size, shape and hardness. Scrubs with tough, “prickly” particles (for example, particles of crushed walnut, peach, grape shells) can damage the top layer of the skin and cause skin irritation.
It is better to choose scrubs with rounded particles that will not injure the skin, for example, plastic granules, jojoba wax particles, beeswax, polished particles of almond, grape seed, etc.
The main tasks of the scrub:
- Cleansing the skin from surface impurities and horny scales.
- Improving blood circulation in the skin, massage.
- Stimulation of the renewal of the upper layer (epidermis) of the skin.
- Preparing the skin for the application of other cosmetic products. It must be remembered that the use of scrubs has its own limitations.
Scrubs are contraindicated for people with sensitive skin, acne or rosacea.
Scrubs are divided into 2 groups:
- Water-based scrubs. Due to the presence of water in the composition, additional water-soluble biological active ingredients can be added to such a product to moisturize and soften the skin.
- Oil-based scrubs. In them, abrasives are crystals of salt or sugar. Sugar scrubs are softer as the sugar dissolves quickly. Sugar scrubs are suitable for the face and body. Before using the oil scrubs, be sure to stir, because the crystals of salt or sugar are heavy and settle to the bottom.
Salt scrubs contain salt crystals and in addition to cleansing the skin, such scrubs saturate the skin with minerals and have a detoxifying effect. An increase in the salt concentration in the stratum corneum attracts water from the lower layers of the skin, therefore the skin receives additional moisture. Since the salt particles are hard and have sharp edges, salt scrubs are only suitable for the body.
Several options for making a scrub that you can make yourself at home. Take the coffee grounds (open the capsule from the coffee machine) and mix with honey. Also suitable for a scrub are ground oatmeal mixed with yogurt in a 1: 1 ratio. Rice flour is also great for gentle cleansing, which can be applied to damp skin and scrubbed with circular massage movements.
The action of the scrub on the skin of the face – quick composition of scrubs
The scrub can be purchased at the store, or you can prepare it yourself at home from several products that any housewife can find. This product will not cause allergies and will provide proper nutrition and hydration.
As an arbrasive can be used:
- Salt / sugar.
- Apricot (olive) pits.
- Coconut flakes.
- I’m thick from brewed coffee.
- Honey, etc.
For the base fit:
- Fruit mixture.
- Cream, yogurt, cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Clay is cosmetic.
- Olive oil, etc.
When choosing components for a scrub, you need to take into account the type of skin: for dry skin, you will need a more nourishing base.
The best homemade facial scrubs for all skin types
1. Scrubs for oily and normal skin. Recipes
- Cottage cheese scrub with coffee
Mix sour cream and fat cottage cheese, add finely grated banana, coffee grounds. Mix everything thoroughly and grind until smooth. The scrub is ready to use.
- Yeast scrub.
Mix regular yeast (15 g) with lemon juice (no more than 2 tsp). Dip the mixture in a cup in hot water. After three minutes, add a spoonful of sea salt, mix, use by rubbing in the mask with massaging movements.
- Oat bran scrub with almonds
Mix oat bran (1 tablespoon / liter), almonds (1 tablespoon / liter of ground nuts), wheat flour (one tablespoon / liter) and oat flour (three tablespoons / liter). Fold the mixture into a linen bag, moisten and massage the skin for at least ten minutes before use.
- Almond scrub
Mix almonds (1 tsp. Of ground walnuts), warm water and ground dry orange peel (1 tbsp / l). Massage the skin after applying the scrub for a few minutes.
- Raspberry scrub mask
Mix together ylang-ylang (1 drop of oil), raspberries (2 tablespoons per liter of mashed berries) and peppermint oil (1 c.). Cleanser and tonic.
- Sour cream scrub with salt
Mix sour cream (two tablespoons / l) and the finest salt (1 tsp / l). Massage for no more than two minutes as gently as possible (in the absence of irritation and cuts).
- Strawberry salt scrub
Mix together olive oil (three tbsp), fine salt (three tsp) and strawberries (5 mashed berries). The product has excellent cleansing and antiseptic properties.
- Oatmeal and cranberry scrub
Mix together oatmeal (2 tablespoons / L), almond oil (one tablespoons / L), sugar (2 hours / L), orange oil (2-3 drops) and cranberries (2 tablespoons / L of crushed berries). Use the mixture after swelling.
- Sugar scrub with cream
Mix whipped cream (2 tsp) and sugar (5 tsp). Massage the skin with a scrub for ten minutes.
2. Recipes for scrubs for dry or sensitive skin
- Oatmeal scrub with milk
Grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder, mix with slightly warmed milk until a homogeneous gruel. Massage the scrub in for two minutes.
- Oatmeal scrub with grapes
Mix crushed oatmeal with grapes (6-7 mashed berries). After the mixture has swollen, apply to face.
- Oatmeal scrub with olive oil
Combine ground oatmeal and warm olive oil. Apply by massaging the skin for four minutes.
- Oatmeal and Rice Scrub
Mix ground oatmeal (2 tablespoons / L) with olive oil (1 tablespoons / L) and ground rice (1 tbsp / L). Massage for no more than two minutes.
- Walnut scrub
Mix quail eggs (2 yolks), butter, melted (2 tsp) and ground walnuts (2 tbsp / l). The scrub mask is suitable for cleansing and nourishing the skin.
- Oatmeal and chamomile scrub
Mix oatmeal (2 tablespoons / l), water, lavender oil (5 drops), ground dry chamomile (1 tsp) until the consistency of a paste. Massage your face with a scrub for 4-5 minutes.
- Cottage cheese scrub with coffee
Mix fatty cottage cheese (1 tbsp / l) with coffee grounds. Apply to skin, massage for 5 minutes.
- Cinnamon honey scrub
Mix honey (1 tsp), cinnamon (one tsp), olive oil (one tsp). Massage the skin for three minutes, then leave as a mask for another seven minutes. An excellent scrub for all skin types.
- Oatmeal cucumber scrub
Mix the grated cucumber mass (1 pc) with oatmeal (1 tbsp / l). Insist for 20 minutes, apply with massage movements, rinse off after 7 minutes.
Tips for cleansing your face with a scrub
- Don’t use scrubs too often. The constant use of this product entails an imbalance in the water balance of the skin and its drying out, irritation and loss of protection from various infections. For dry skin, the scrub is recommended no more than twice a month, for oily skin – no more than four.
- Do not use a scrub for rosacea, acne and other skin problems.
- For oily skin, it is recommended to use clay-based scrubs. Such a tool will relieve oily sheen and tighten pores.
- Apply the scrub before bed, on the skin steamed after a shower, excluding the areas around the eyes.
- With such a reaction after the scrub, such as skin tingling and redness, you should change the remedy.
- Try not to overdo it when rubbing in the scrub. Massaging movements should not cause pain or discomfort.
- Avoid using salt and sugar scrubs if your skin is dry or too sensitive.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!