A properly organized daily routine is one of the most important factors on which the baby’s health depends. And for crumbs from one to three years old, this regime is especially important. After the child is one year old, it is necessary to start preparing for kindergarten, and therefore the child must take the correct daily routine for granted, get used to it. What should it be, and how to accustom your child to the regime?
The content of the article:
Daily regimen and its importance for young children
Babies up to three years old are always very acutely experiencing any changes in their lives. The tenderness and vulnerability of the nervous system explains their rapid overexcitation and fatigue, and to daily routine, which is one of the three pillars of a child’s health, a special approach is needed.
What does the daily regimen give a child 1-3 years old?
- The work of all internal organs is getting better.
- The resistance of the immune and nervous systems to stress increases.
- Adaptation in the nursery and garden is easier.
- The child learns to be organized.
Than the baby is threatened by non-observance of the daily routine?
- Tearfulness and moodiness, which are a habit.
- Lack of sleep and overwork.
- Lack of the necessary development of the nervous system.
- Difficulty developing cultural and other skills.
Daily regimen for crumbs up to three years old – this is the basis of education… And, given the change in the efficiency of the nervous system over the course of three years, the daily regimen should also change accordingly.
Daily regimen table for a child from 1 to 3 years old
Day regimen for a baby 1-1.5 years old
Feeding time: at 7.30, at 12, at 16.30 and at 20.00.
The period of wakefulness: 7-10 am, 12-15.30 pm, 16.30-20.30 pm.
Sleep period: 10-12 am, 15.30-16.30 pm, 20.30-7.00.
Walk: after breakfast and after afternoon tea.
Water procedures: at 19.00.
Before you are going to put your child to bed (in 30-40 minutes), you should stop all active games and water procedures. If the baby does not wake up at the right time, he should be woken up. The wakefulness period should not be more than 4.5 hours.
Day regimen for a baby 1.5-2 years old
Feeding time: at 8.00, 12, 15.30, and 19.30.
The period of wakefulness: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm and 3.30 pm to 8.20 pm.
Sleep period: 12.30-15.30 pm and 20.30-7.30 (night sleep).
Walk: after breakfast and after afternoon tea.
Water procedures: at 18.30.
After 1.5 years, the baby’s quiet hour passes only once a day. In total, a child at this age should sleep up to 14 hours a day. It is preferable to use a shower as a daily water treatment.
Day regimen for a baby 2-3 years old
Feeding time: 8, 12.30, 16.30 and 19.
The period of wakefulness: from 7.30-13.30 and 15.30-20.30.
Sleep period: 13.30-15.30 and 20.30-7.30 (night sleep).
Walk: after the morning meal and afternoon snack.
Water procedures: in the summer – before lunch, in the winter – after a nap and after a night. Bathing – before going to bed at night.
During the day, the child has one daytime sleep. If the baby refuses to sleep, you do not need to force him, but the wakefulness mode in this case should be made as calm as possible – reading books, drawing with his mother, etc. So that the baby does not overwork.
Tips for parents: how to teach a young child to the correct daily routine
First of all, it should be understood that there are no strict rules for organizing the daily routine: the optimal mode will be the one that matches the needs of the baby… So, what do the experts advise – how to accustom the baby to the daily routine?
- Transfer your child to the new regimen gradually, taking into account his state of health and individual characteristics. To understand if you are in too much of a hurry, you can according to the mood of the baby.
- Make sure every important event took place every day at the same time… For evening swimming, breakfast / dinner, night sleep, the baby should determine the time of day.
- Putting the baby to sleep at night, do not allow mischief and whims – be calm but persistent. If the baby does not sleep well at night, calm him down, sit next to him, but it is better not to take him to the parent’s bed and do not allow games.
- Wean your toddler out of eating at night… He is already at the age when he can do without night feedings. Moreover, my mother needs a good rest at night.
- For the period of establishing the regime try not to invite guests and make sure that the baby wakes up on time (does not oversleep).
- Lack of calcium in a child’s body can be expressed by tearfulness and moodiness – make sure that the baby is receiving adequate nutrition and that there is enough food in the baby’s dietcontaining this microelement.
- Gradually increase your walking time and introduce daily bathing… Remember that the more eventful the baby’s life is (naturally, at a strictly defined time for this), the faster he falls asleep in the evening.
- And, of course, don’t forget about the family environment… Conflicts, quarrels, swearing and shouting at the baby do not contribute to either the psychological comfort of the child or the establishment of the regime.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!