The most harmful and dangerous components of decorative cosmetics
Every day we use dozens of cosmetics to preserve youth and have a flawless look. However, we rarely think about what this or that cosmetics consists of, whether it is really effective and how safe it is for our health.
The COLADY editorial staff presents the most harmful and dangerous components of decorative cosmetics that can cause significant harm to your health.
The content of the article:
What are the harmful cosmetic additives in shampoos, bath foam, soaps and shower gels?
Shampoo, shower gel, soap, bath foam – cosmetics that are in the arsenal of every woman. However, when buying them, rarely does anyone think that they can cause serious harm to human health. The most harmful substances in hair and body care cosmetics:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – one of the most dangerous preparations that contain detergents. Some unscrupulous manufacturers try to disguise it as natural, saying that this component is obtained from coconuts. This component does help remove oil from hair and skin, but it leaves an invisible film on their surface, which contributes to dandruff and hair loss. In addition, it can penetrate the skin and accumulate and linger in the tissues of the brain, eyes, and liver. SLS belongs to active carriers of nitrates and carcinogenic dioxins. It is very dangerous for children, since it can change the protein composition of the cells of the eyes, it causes a delay in the development of the child;
- Sodium Chloride – used by some manufacturers to improve viscosity. However, it can irritate the eyes and skin. In addition, salt microparticles dry out and severely damage the skin.
- Coal Tar – used for anti-dandruff shampoos. Some manufacturers hide this component under the abbreviation FDC, FD, or FD&C. May cause severe allergic reactions, affects the nervous system. In European countries, this substance is prohibited for use;
- Diethanolamine (DEA) – a semi-synthetic substance that is used to form foam, as well as to thicken cosmetics. Dries out skin, hair, causes itching and severe allergic reactions.
Harmful components in decorative cosmetics
Decorative cosmetics almost all of them contain harmful and toxic substances. When doing morning makeup, we never think about the fact that lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, foundation and powder can cause irreparable harm to our health.
The most harmful components that make up decorative cosmetics include:
- Lanolin – it is used to achieve a moisturizing effect, however, it can cause serious disorders of the digestive process, an allergic reaction and increases the sensitivity of the skin;
- Acetamide (Acetamide MEA) – used in blush and lipstick to retain moisture. The substance is highly toxic, carcinogenic and can cause mutations;
- Carbomer 934, 940, 941, 960, 961 C – used as a stabilizer and thickener in eye makeup. Treat artificial emulsifiers. May cause eye inflammation and severe allergic reactions;
- Bentonite – porous clay from volcanic ash. It is widely used in foundations and powders to help trap toxins. But let’s remember that we apply these cosmetics to the skin, where they keep toxins and prevent them from getting out. Accordingly, our skin is deprived of the natural process of respiration and the release of carbon dioxide. In addition, laboratory tests have shown that this drug is very toxic.
Creams for face, hands and body women use daily to keep skin youthful. However, many components of this type of cosmetics advertised by manufacturers are not only useless, but also harmful to the human body.
Harmful components in modern creams:
- Collagen (Collagen) Is a highly advertised additive in creams to combat the signs of aging. However, in fact, it is not only useless in the fight against wrinkles, but also negatively affects the general condition of the skin: it deprives it of moisture, covering it with an invisible film, it dehydrates the skin. This is collagen, which is obtained from the lower legs of birds and cattle skins. But plant collagen is an exception. It can actually penetrate the skin, and it promotes the production of its own collagen;
- Albumin (Albumin) Is a very popular ingredient in anti-aging face creams. As a rule, serum albumin is added to cosmetics, which, when dry on the skin, forms an invisible film, which makes wrinkles visually appear smaller. However, in fact, this component of creams has the opposite effect, it clogs pores, tightens the skin and causes its premature aging;
- Glycols – a cheap substitute for glycerin, produced synthetically. All types of glycols are toxic, mutagens and carcinogens. And some of them are very poisonous, can cause cancer;
- Royal Bee Jelly – a substance that is extracted from bee hives, cosmetologists position it as an excellent moisturizer. However, according to scientific research, this substance is absolutely useless for the human body. In addition, after two days of storage, it completely loses all its useful properties;
- Mineral Oil – used in cosmetics as a moisturizer. And in industry it is used as a lubricant and solvent. Once applied to the skin, the mineral oil forms a greasy film, thus clogging the pores and preventing the skin from breathing. May cause severe skin inflammation.
The above substances are not all harmful additives in cosmetics, however some of the most dangerous… Buying advertised cosmetics, without reading their composition, you not only will not get the expected result, but you can also cause serious harm to your health.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!