Cystitis is a rather unpleasant disease, which is accompanied by sharp pains in the lower abdomen and frequent painful urination. Almost every second woman has experienced this ailment at least once in her life, and some have lived with it for many years. The pain threshold for each person is individual, when one woman feels discomfort, the other is simply exhausted from pain.
To relieve the symptoms of cystitis, you can turn to traditional medicine or folk remedies. The urologist tells about the most effective ways to combat cystitis.
How to relieve cystitis symptoms using traditional methods?
When an attack of cystitis has begun, the first thing you need to do is calm down and take control of this “process”. And if you are sure that you have an attack of cystitis, then follow the following recommendations:
- Bed rest. Wherever you are and whatever you do before the attack, leave everything and go home to bed! Allow yourself to endure a seizure in a relaxed home environment.
- Keep warm. As soon as you feel the signs of cystitis, wear terry socks and warm the pelvic area (warm trousers, tights, etc.). Dress comfortably and warmly, and cover yourself with a warm blanket.
- Pain reliever. If the pain is significant, take an anesthetic (No-shpa, Papaverine, Atropine, Analgin, etc.).
- Heat on the stomach and a hot bath. It is often advised to put a heating pad or a bottle of warm water on your stomach and take a hot bath. Attention! These procedures are only appropriate when there is no blood in the urine!
- Antibiotics Naturally, at the first opportunity you need to visit a doctor who will prescribe a course of antibiotics. In no case do not prescribe drugs on your own or on the advice of loved ones! Reception of such “emergency” drugs as “5-nok” can remove the symptoms, but also blur the picture of the disease, and in the future it threatens with a chronic form of cystitis.
- Diet. During cystitis, you should adhere to a dairy diet, as well as eat more fresh vegetables and fruits. Eliminate salty, fried, spicy, and spicy foods from your diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Many women, faced with an attack of cystitis, refuse to drink, as the process of urination is very painful. But, in fact, the less you drink, the more noticeable the discomfort. Be sure to drink still mineral water, a glass every hour.
- Positive attitude. Scientists from different countries have long proven that a positive-minded patient recovers several times faster! Allow yourself to look at the illness positively, take it as a lesson and try not to repeat this experience in the future.
Read also: Cystitis: symptoms, first aid and when hospitalization is needed. Urologist answers
Effective folk remedies to combat cystitis
Traditional and folk medicine go hand in hand, while one heals, the other promotes healing and strengthens the body. It should be noted right away that herbal medicine (herbal treatment) must be carried out only under the supervision of a specialist, adhering to the dosage and observing the process of preparing the “potion”.
And here are some popular recipes on how to get rid of an attack of cystitis:
- A decoction of rosehip roots. Many people know that rose hips are rich in vitamin C and are advised to drink in case of kidney problems, but cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder, and here it is necessary to prepare a decoction from the roots of the rose hips. You will need half a glass of crushed rosehip roots per liter of water. The broth should boil for about 15 minutes, and then it must be cooled and filtered. For 15-20 minutes before eating, you need to drink half a glass of broth, repeat the procedure 3-5 times a day.
- Hop cones. A simple and affordable way, especially in September-October, when hop cones are everywhere, take it – I don’t want to! And there is no need to boil anything! Just take 2 tablespoons of buds and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water over it. The infusion should be brewed in an hour and a half. When it cools down, strain it and drink half a glass before meals three times a day.
- Chamomile and stinging nettle. These herbs are called feminine, and all because they help to cope with female ailments, including cystitis. In order to prepare a miraculous drink, you need to take 1 tablespoon of each herb and pour them with two glasses of boiling water. Leave to cool and infuse, then strain and drink three times a day.
- Chicory. Who would have thought that the disliked drink that was passed off as coffee in many Soviet canteens was actually so healthy? Chicory invigorates and tones, it is advised to drink it for pregnant women instead of coffee and for diabetics, as chicory lowers blood sugar levels. And also it is very useful during cystitis and as a prevention of this ailment. you need 3 teaspoons of chicory, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave to infuse for 1.5-2 hours, after which the drink is ready for use. Take half a glass 3-5 times a day.
- St. John’s wort. This herb very effectively fights the symptoms of cystitis, in order to prepare an infusion, you will need 1 tablespoon of St. John’s wort and 0.5 liters of boiling water. After the infusion has brewed and cooled down, you need to strain it. You need to take the infusion for 1/4 cup before meals 3 times a day. But you need to store the infusion in a cool dark place for no more than 3 days.
You might also be interested in: The gynecologist told why cystitis actually occurs
Commentary by urologist and surgeon Dmitry Ilyin
If cystitis is bacterial in nature (usually it is), then the treatment is carried out with antibacterial drugs (prescribed by a doctor). This is basic therapy. From general, home, recommendations – ensure an adequate drinking regime for approx. 2.5 liters of liquid per day (if there are no contraindications to such a volume).
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!