Goji belongs to the group of medicinal plants that is considered the most valuable on Earth. This amazing shrub, which gives healing fruits, grows mainly on the slopes of the Mongolian and Tibetan Himalayas, as if absorbing all the value of clean air, water and the surrounding nature.
See also: Goji Berry Recipes – How to Prepare Delicious and Healthy Meals?
In oriental medicine, goji have been known for a long time, and we have yet to discover all the benefits of this amazing berry.
The content of the article:
Useful properties of goji berries – what are they used for?
No joke to say – goji berries contain 18 amino acids – this significantly exceeds their number in royal jelly, and 22 minerals, 6 polysaccharides – in this sense, the goji berry is the record holder, the only one on Earth, a lot of vitamins – by comparison, the content of vitamin C in goji berries is five hundred times higher than that in lemon.
One thing that goji berries contain Germanium – and this substance, which helps to defeat cancer cells, is not found in any other plant on planet Earth – puts this amazing plant in the honorable first place in its healing power.
You probably already guessed that the goji berry, possessing a natural treasure unrivaled in its volume, has a very beneficial effect on the human body, making it healthy… Goji Berries is also a remedy, because in the same Tibetan medicine it is widely used to treat a variety of diseases.
It is interesting: The most famous long-liver in the history of mankind, the Chinese Li Jing-Yong, lived for 252 years as an energetic and healthy person. The secret of his longevity is simple – every day he ate goji berries, which extended the years of his life and cured diseases.
Today, scientists have established that goji help a person resist diabetes mellitus, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
If you regularly consume goji berries, then:
- Get rid of anxiety and depression, your mood will improve.
- Lose extra pounds without stress and long diets – and they will not come back again.
- The function of the sex glands is activated, and libido and potency will be at their best!
- The metabolism in your body will noticeably improve, the metabolism will accelerate.
- The aging process of organs and tissues of the body will be stopped.
- The condition of the skin will delight you.
- You will get rid of insomnia, the quality of your sleep will improve.
- Menopause in women will not be accompanied by negative symptoms.
- Melatonin levels will rise.
- You will be full of energy and can easily endure any physical activity.
- Blood sugar will decrease significantly, and the risk of developing diabetes will disappear.
Since the unique beneficial properties of goji have become widely known only in recent years, many have become true fans of this berry. Hollywood stars, healing and rejuvenating, including them in your diet.
Goji berries are also readily consumed famous athletes, noting the increase in endurance and overall health of the body.
Who else benefits from goji berries?
- Anyone who wants to get rid of excess weight, and at the same time – to improve the body
Due to the fact that goji berries significantly improve metabolism and the quality of blood circulation, regulate blood sugar levels and lower the content of harmful cholesterol in it, they contribute to confident weight loss. Nutritionists recommend eating as little as 30 grams of goji in the morning and evening with your regular diet, but combine this with increased exercise to stimulate weight loss.
- People who are surrounded by a bad environmental situation, all residents of megalopolises
As it turned out, the goji berry contains thiocyanates and glycosinolates – substances that have the ability to bind toxins and carcinogens in the human liver, preventing the formation of tumors, including prostate tumors in men.
- People with lowered immunity, who have undergone serious illnesses, weakened
Due to the fact that goji berries contain a lot of nutrients and vitamins in their composition, this plant is a natural therapy with a full set of everything necessary to heal the human body.
- Couples planning to conceive a child
Due to the healing properties of goji berries, spouses who have had problems with conception can count on an early addition to the family. In addition, goji berries have a positive effect on male strength, improve sperm quality and increase the number of full-fledged sperm in the ejaculant.
- For people who advocate healthy and wholesome nutrition for the whole family
Goji berries, having a lot of unique healing properties, are a complete, very tasty nutritious product. They can be added to pies, desserts, pastries, kvass, tea, compotes, fruit drinks can be made from them, thereby turning delicious dishes into very useful ones for all your loved ones.
Indications and contraindications for goji berries – is there any harm?
Today, the goji berry is known to a wide range of people. Many medical professionals give this wonderful plant its due, recognizing its excellent properties and recommending to their patients the regular use of this product…
Indications for eating goji berries:
- Overweight, obesity.
- Impotence, prostatitis, male and female infertility.
- Diseases of the kidneys, liver.
- Dizziness and frequent headaches.
- Significant visual impairment, eye diseases.
- Chronic fatigue, decreased immunity, weakness.
- Constipation, sluggish intestines.
- Postponed radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Predisposition to tumors, cancer.
Contraindications to the use of goji berries:
- High body temperature, fever.
- Simultaneous administration of anticoagulants.
- Individual intolerance to the product.
A few more important notes about taking goji berries:
- It should be noted that do not overuse the amount of goji berriesespecially fresh food, because excess can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
- People prone to allergic reactions, the use of goji should be started with a very small amount, gradually increasing the dose to the recommended dose (from 15 to 50 grams per day)
- If you consume goji berries in the evening and noticed that they began to fall asleep worse – postpone the intake of this product in the morning hours.
- If you are using medicines for hypertension or diabetes mellitus, then use goji berries only after a doctor’s recommendation – perhaps, due to their active effect on the body, you may need to recalculate the amount of medicines used.
The composition of goji berries – what is the reason for the high medicinal and nutritional value?
So, it’s time to take a closer look at the composition of goji berries – and it is truly rich:
- 22 essential minerals (calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, germanium, etc.)
- 18 amino acids.
- 6 essential vitamins – A, C, E, B1, B2, B6.
- 8 polysaccharides, 6 monosaccharides.
- 5 unsaturated fatty acids, including essential linoleic acid and alpha-linoleic acid.
- 5 carotenoids, including beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lycopene and cryptoxanthin, lutein, xanthophyll.
- Thiocyanates and glycosinolates.
- Many phenols with antioxidant properties.
Are you familiar with Goji berries? Share your feedback in the comments below!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!