Weight during pregnancy, table – how much does a pregnant woman gain in weight?
Weight gain in the expectant mother should occur regardless of her appetite, desires and height with physique. But you should monitor your weight during pregnancy more diligently than before. Weight gain is directly related to the fetal growth process, and control over weight gain helps to prevent various troubles in a timely manner. Therefore, it will not hurt to have your own diary, where data on weight gain is regularly entered.
So, what is the weight of the expectant mother is the normand how does weight gain occur during pregnancy?
See also: How to lose weight during pregnancy?
The content of the article:
Factors that affect a woman’s pregnancy weight
In principle, strict norms and weight gain simply do not exist – every woman has her own weight before pregnancy. For a girl of “middle weight category” the norm will be increase – 10-14 kg… But she is influenced by many factors… For instance:
- The growth of the expectant mother (accordingly, the taller the mother, the more weight).
- Age (young mothers are less likely to be overweight).
- Early toxicosis (after it, as you know, the body tries to replenish the lost kilograms).
- Kid size (the larger it is, the correspondingly heavier the mother is).
- Little or polyhydramnios.
- Increased appetiteas well as control over it.
- Tissue fluid (with the existing fluid retention in the mother’s body, there will always be excess weight).
To avoid complications, you should not go beyond the known weight range. Of course, it is categorically impossible to starve. – the baby should receive all the substances it should be, and should not risk his health. But you shouldn’t eat everything – eat healthy meals.
Read also: 10 healthy foods for a mom-to-be.
How much weight is normal for a pregnant woman?
The expectant mother in the first third of pregnancy, as a rule, adds about 2 kg… The second trimester each week adds to the “piggy bank” of body weight 250-300 g… By the end of the term, the increase will already be equal to 12-13 kg…
How is weight distributed?
- Baby – about 3.3-3.5 kg.
- Uterus – 0.9-1 kg
- Placenta – about 0.4 kg.
- Mammary gland – about 0.5-0.6 kg.
- Adipose tissue – about 2.2-2.3 kg.
- Amniotic fluid – 0.9-1 kg.
- Circulating blood volume (increase) – 1.2 kg.
- Tissue fluid – about 2.7 kg.
After the baby is born, the gained weight usually goes away rather quickly. Although sometimes you need to work hard for this (physical activity + proper nutrition helps).
Self-calculation of the weight of the expectant mother using the formula
There is no uniformity in weight gain. Its most intensive growth is noted after the twentieth week of pregnancy. Until that moment, the expectant mother can gain only 3 kg. At each examination of a pregnant woman, the doctor weighs. Normally, the increase should be 0.3-0.4 kg per week… If a woman gains in excess of this norm, fasting days and a special diet are prescribed.
You cannot make such a decision on your own! If the weight gain has no deviations in one direction, then there are no special reasons for worrying.
See also: Nutrition rules for the expectant mother in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
You can independently deal with the dynamics of weight gain according to the formula:
- We multiply 22 g for every 10 cm of mom’s height. That is, with growth, for example, 1.6 m, the formula will be as follows: 22×16 = 352 g. Such an increase per week is considered normal…
Weight gain by week of pregnancy
In this case, BMI (body mass index) is equal to – weight / height.
- For skinny mothers: BMI <19.8.
- For moms with an average build: 19.8
- For curvy mothers: BMI> 26.
Weight gain table:
Based on the table, it becomes clear that expectant mothers gain weight in different ways.
That is, the skinny woman will have to recover more than the rest. And she is least of all covered the rule on restrictions on the use of sweet and fatty foods…
But lush mothers are better off abandoning sweet / starchy foods in favor of healthy dishes.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!