Here comes the last ninth month of pregnancy. You will meet your baby very soon. Your main task now is to tune in to childbirth. Listen to soothing music, practice relaxing breathing, and exercise. Of course, keep attending parenting courses. Well, and probably the most important thing – prepare a nest for your baby.
What does this term mean?
You are 34 obstetric week, which is 32 weeks from conception and 30 weeks from delay.
The content of the article:
Feelings in the mother
- It is more and more difficult for you to decide on a sleeping position;
- Vascular mesh may appear on the lower abdomen and legs;
- Swelling of the legs indicates that you need to load less on your legs and limit your water intake;
- The closer to childbirth, the more difficult it is to take a full breath, because the uterus rests directly on the chest;
- There is no appetite, and any food can provoke heaviness in the abdomen and heartburn;
- You may also experience temporary numbness and tingling in your legs and abdomen;
- Back pain and increased urination at night;
- At times, you can feel your baby’s heel or bottom;
- On examination by a doctor, they will measure your belly and ask if the child is constantly pushing;
- The baby’s head is down, the uterus puts less pressure on the stomach and diaphragm, so heartburn, indigestion and shortness of breath are less common;
- Very often in the ninth month, women worry that their baby does not give about himself for a long time know… But do not panic, have a snack and lie down, the baby will definitely give a sign. If not, then contact the antenatal clinic and do an ultrasound;
- Braxton Hicks contractions become more regular. These are cramping painful sensations that appear in the upper part of the uterus, then spread down and finally subside. Many women fear that these strong and regular sensations during this period of pregnancy are already real contractions, but such an incident happens very rarely, since these contractions, as a rule, stop. You only need to worry if the water recedes. Here you should immediately consult a doctor;
- Most women already so determined to be born a child that they want to “get rid” of an interesting situation as soon as possible. And here desire is tantamount to fear of the very process of childbirth.
Reviews from Instagram, VKontakte and forums:
Starting from the 28th week, I was afraid that the labor would begin, and I was not ready for this or I would be alone. Everywhere I went with the phone and constantly listened to see if it was a contraction. And the funny thing is that at 36 weeks I gave birth, although I did not even realize that labor had begun. Only when I woke up in a puddle, I realized that the process had begun.
Around this week, my shortness of breath went away and I was enjoying life. I walked a lot, read, bought all sorts of toys for the baby. No ailments or weakness, everything is fine.
I am 34 weeks pregnant now and I am suffering from edema. I practically walk for several hours a day, and then I lay with my feet up. But I am an optimist, even in such a situation I found a way out, I knit for the baby. Of course, now is summer, but autumn is not far off, it will come in handy.
Oh, how I want to give birth and see my baby girl. I can’t wait anymore, I would rather. I have a huge belly and my husband calls me a cruiser. And it is so, I can’t go through, so as not to destroy something!
I gave birth a year ago, and now I’m trying to remember what I felt then and don’t remember. All memories overshadowed the birth of my boys. I have twins and they were born at 38 weeks. And somewhere from the 33rd week, I felt cramping pains in the lower abdomen and was sure that this was childbirth. 2 times I got to the hospital, from where I was sent to “reach”. As a result, when the contractions began, I was examined, and they took me away right from there.
Fetal development at 34 weeks of gestation
So, your baby is growing and prettier every day. Not only are you preparing to meet him, but he is with you. Now it is about 45 cm long and weighs 2.5 kg.
- Light crumbs are finally formed, and in case of “early” birth, he will already breathe on his own;
- This week, the pupils of the fetus can react to light and dark, much like that of an adult;
- The skin becomes smoother;
- Nails appeared on the fingers and toes;
- In some babies, the entire head is covered with hair;
- In boys, the testicles are well marked;
- Baby becomes less active, because he just does not have enough space. However, now his movements are more tangible and prolonged;
- Adrenal glands at the same time, they produce such an amount of steroid hormone (an androgen-like substance that stimulates lactation) that it is almost ten times more in a child than in an adult. And the size of the adrenal glands is the same as in adults. True, after birth they will noticeably decrease;
- In the meantime, your child continues to take calcium from you. for building their bone tissue;
- Basically, baby is ready for birth, but he still needs time to practice living;
- You will certainly notice that the baby is activated under certain conditions… If you are hungry or tired, at a certain time of the day, depending on your mood, from physical activity.
Photo of the fetus, photo of the abdomen, ultrasound and video about the development of the child
Video: What happens at the 34th week of pregnancy?
Video: 3D ultrasound at the 34th week of pregnancy
How to help a father-to-be in the third trimester
Many fathers-to-be experience some stress as the due date approaches. They are confused and try not to show what they are going through, but most of them are just confused before the long-awaited appearance of the baby. How can you help your dad-to-be to relax and tune in the right way?
- Most likely, the first thing your husband is worried about is financial responsibility, which will soon increase significantly. Especially if you decide to spend some time with your child, giving up work.
- He rushes about in his feelings: to be a breadwinner and devote all the time to work, or to free himself from certain obligations and help you take care of your child.
- In addition, in the last months of pregnancy, he is also afraid to touch you, he is afraid to harm the child. He suppresses sexual desire, while he is worried that you will give all your love and care only to the unborn baby.
- But we hasten to reassure, all male experiences dissipate as soon as the baby is born.
- You just need to discuss your future roles. Assure each other that you only have time for the two of you. Discuss all of your fears with your husband and try to allay them as much as possible.
Recommendations and advice for the expectant mother
- Starting from 33–34 weeks, you will need to visit a gynecologist once every 10 days;
- Ultrasound (now you need to determine how the child is located, how much it weighs, in what position is the placenta and how much water is in the uterus);
- Cardiac monitoring (it will help doctors monitor how the little heart works and understand how the baby is feeling);
- You probably notice colostrum droplets on your nipples from time to time. This means it’s time to start preparing your breasts for your baby’s future feeding.
- It’s time to get your breastfeeding bra and breast pads;
- If the swelling worsens, try to rest more and not make any sudden movements. All movements should be slow and smooth;
- Try to keep your legs in a horizontal position more often to avoid swelling and varicose veins;
- You cannot sleep directly on your back, as the fetus presses on the blood vessels, which causes swelling, or this can provoke fainting;
- If the baby is outright dispersed, try changing the position. Turn over on the other side or stand on all fours for a while;
- If you have constant shortness of breath and find it difficult to breathe, for example, lying down, contact your cardiologist;
- Psychologists suggest the next trick – writing a script for your birth. Write a successful outcome of your labor process on a piece of paper and rehearse it. Practice pain-relieving postures and breathing exercises;
- Be sure to take care of decorating the children’s room. This will help tune in to the right wave and help to cope with fears;
- Always listen to your body, because labor can start unexpectedly.
Previous: Week 33
Next: Week 35
Choose any other in the pregnancy calendar.
Calculate the exact due date in our service.
How did you feel on the 34th week? Share with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!