Monosodium glutamate is a white crystalline powder that is highly soluble in water. It was received at the beginning of the last century in Japan, although its popularity extends to the entire civilized world. Scientists have found that this food additive enhances the smell and taste of any food and product.
Read also: The Basics of Good Nutrition for Your Health and Beauty.
The content of the article:
Benefits of monosodium glutamate – what does medicine say?
For years, scientists have been studying the mechanism of the effect of monosodium glutamate on the human body.
Countless studies prove not only the harm, but also the benefits of this nutritional supplement.
- Monosodium glutamate helps to improve the production of endogenous gastrin, which, in turn, affects the increase in the multiplication of cells in the gastric mucosa. Thus, intestinal motility is improved and the secretion of gastric juice is stimulated.
- In medicine, food supplement E621 is used in the treatment of gastritis with low acidity (hypoacid gastritis) to normalize it. Glutamate E621, when it enters the intestines, is connected to the process of producing glutathione, which strengthens the human immune system.
- Monosodium glutamate E621 is especially recommended for the diet of people who suffer from hypertension. For them, salt is contraindicated, and the addition of food additive E621 to food makes the taste of dishes full.
- Glutamine-based medicines are used by medicine to treat diseases of the central nervous system.
- Glutamic acid is able to unite ammonia in the human body and convert it into soluble, completely safe salts.
Effects on the body and harm of monosodium glutamate – what is the danger of monosodium glutamate for health?
Food additive E621, well known as monosodium glutamate, is found in many edible products, especially in those for which the price is attractive and the quality is low.
- The synthetic food additive E621 has toxic properties. It has an excessive stimulating effect on brain cells. With regular consumption, monosodium glutamate, especially in adolescents and children, can provoke irreversible changes.
- Glutamate is extremely dangerous for pregnant women. When a future mother consumes products with E621, harmful substances contained in food can sneak into the brain and nervous system of the fetus (through the placenta) and infect them.
- As numerous studies show, monosodium glutamate can cause some kind of food addiction in humans… The body ceases to perceive natural food, and a person simply cannot do without adding sodium glutamate to food. Many people who continuously consume monosodium glutamate lose their taste experience. Their taste buds cease to function.
- Excessive consumption of the food additive E621 in people increases the likelihood of health problems. They are tormented by diseases such as renal failure, asthma, allergic reactions and other terrible diseases.
- In people who regularly consume monosodium glutamate, the structure of the retina is disrupted, there are problems with digestion, hormonal imbalance. The likelihood of developing stomach ulcers and gastritis increases.
The permissible content of E621 in products is one and a half grams per two liters or one kilogram… The maximum content of glutamate in foods should not exceed 0.8 percent.
For adults, the permissible norm is considered not more than one and a half grams of food additive E621, and for teenagers – no more than half a gram for every kilogram of human body weight.
See also: The right menu for the day – how to eat during the day?
It is recommended to consume no more than nine grams of monosodium glutamate per day.
This supplement is generally contraindicated for small children.
E621 is one of the permitted additives, and as long as people buy products with this additive, manufacturers will not stop adding it. Everyone has the right to decide for himself what food to eat. In this situation, it can only be emphasized that products containing monosodium glutamate cannot provide any benefit.
Food lists containing natural and chemical monosodium glutamate – choose natural!
Chemical glutamate (MSG or Monosodium Glutamate) is a sodium salt of glutamic acid that is added to food as a flavor enhancer.
The widest use of monosodium glutamate is widespread in the manufacture of concentrates such as gravies, soups, canned food, canned sauces, “branded” seasonings, broth cubes, etc.
Monosodium glutamate E621 is found in all industrially produced products. It is especially abundant in dairy and meat products, semi-finished products.
Here list of brands that produce products containing unnatural monosodium glutamate: Chumak, Veres, Dannon, Bystrov, dried fruits, Mivina, Oleina, Jaffa, Nescafe, McCoffee, President, Nestlé, Fanny, Doshirak, Dobry, Lactonia.
If speak about foods containing the chemical sodium glutamate, we note the most famous:
- All sorts of fast foods;
- Most semi-finished products;
- Stock cubes;
- Dry seasonings;
- Ready-made sauces.
This is what unnatural monosodium glutamate is about. Now let’s talk about natural glutamate.
Three main sources of natural glutamate production have been identified:
- Molasses (beets).
Natural monosodium glutamate can be found in foods such as Parmesan cheese, pork, beef, chicken, mushrooms, spinach and asparagus, cabbage and onions, Kamchatka crabs, peas and corn, shellfish, cheddar, mackerel, ripe tomatoes, sardines, emmental cheese, ham, bacon, soy sauce, kombu seaweed …
Using these products, you can prepare a natural tasty dish with a real and bright taste, without resorting to any chemistry.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!