You will not envy the doctors from the emergency rooms now – they have a hot season of bruises and fractures. And the reason for everything is ice, again housing offices who did not have time to prepare for the winter and illiterately chosen shoes.
COLADY will tell you which shoes do not slip in the ice and how to walk on the ice so as not to fall.
The content of the article:
The right footwear for icing, special footwear pads to protect against icing
The rules for choosing anti-slip shoes are pretty simple:
- We focus not on the trend and the height of the studs, thanks to which our legs are visually lengthened, but on protection against falls and on reducing the risk of lying in a cast for a couple of months. The country of origin is better to choose the one that is familiar with the cold. – Russia, Scandinavian countries, Ukraine.
- Examining the sole. Requirements: tread – with a uniform deep pattern, directed in different directions (for better grip on an icy road).
- Putting on shoes and trying to feel the traction on the slippery floor of the store. Remember that the outsole hardens in the cold, and low-quality shoes will be slippery and hard in the cold.
- We pay attention to all our favorite ugg boots only if they adapted to the Russian winter and have improved soles (comfort, tread).
- No smooth soles! Even if you don’t want to take off this “charm”, and the sensations in boots are “like in slippers.” Of course, you will learn how to balance in them (by the end of winter), but at first you will have a hard time.
- Checking the softness of the sole. The softer, the higher the adhesion to the frozen surface.
Video: How to walk on ice correctly?
Don’t have funds for expensive high-quality shoes? We buy removable soles based on quality rubberequipped with steel spikes. Not very elegant, but the risk of falling will be minimized.
Another option is anti-ice pads in different versions (hoops, chains, etc., worn on the soles).
What to do with shoes so that they do not slip into ice
A properly prepared outsole is a successful winter.
What “grandmother’s recipes” are used today to protect shoes from untimely slipping?
- Felt. We cut off a couple of pieces from the old felt boots, and then glue (or nail with small nails) to our sole. This kind of ice protection will last for a week, maximum 10 days.
- Clay Moment. Apply to the soles with a neat snake, dry, spread with a smaller zigzag. After a day, rub with a large “sandpaper” to a state of roughness. This “anti-ice” will be enough for a week.
- We glue several plates to the sole classic large patch… For a day or two, you can feel more confident. As in this case, and in all others that involve gluing fabric “protectors” to the soles, you should remember: in rainy weather and snowfall, these devices turn your shoes almost into skates. Therefore, they are not suitable for “wet” weather.
- We buy special emery strips (available in any household / store) on a sticky basis, glue on the soles, for 2-3 days we forget about the equilibrist position on the rope.
Also, craftsmen rub the soles raw potatoes, sprinkle sand on top of freshly applied glue, glue sponges for washing dishes, etc. But such products are short-lived and do not differ in aesthetics. Therefore, it is better to immediately choose high-quality shoes, taking into account all the nuances of “anti-slip”.
What can a shoe shop offer to protect shoes on ice on the street?
- We put soft polyurethane heels in the shoe shop and throughout the season we move briskly and without fear. To be sure, you can also stud the soles in the same place.
- We put metal heels (around the perimeter, with thorns, with carnations, etc.). It is not very decent to click on them in the subway and other public places, but on the street you can be calm.
What is the correct way to walk on ice on the street?
As soon as frost appears on the roads, we begin to move along the streets, as if with crystal vases in our hands (from a sideboard with family treasures). And it is right! You should not count the remaining bullfinches and study yourself in shop windows – watch your step (ice does not forgive rotozy).
Therefore, we remember rules for competent movement on ice:
- We change the gait. We do not run after the bus, we do not rush, we walk slowly, with small steps, stepping on the entire sole.
- We don’t keep our hands in our pockets. In the event of a sudden fall, this recklessness can cost not only a fracture, but also a head injury. Hands busy? Distribute the weight evenly on your hands.
- Don’t forget about the right shoes.
- We calculate the dangerous sections of the path and change the route in advance (or go as carefully as possible).
- We move carefully along the roads – we reduce the risk of flying directly under the car.
- Learning to fall correctly. We do not fall on our hands to avoid fractures and sprains. In case of loss of balance, we try to group, bend our knees (in the direction of the fall) and press our hands to the body, and after touching the ground, roll over to “dissipate” the force of the impact. Avoid falling on your back with any acrobatic tricks.
- We hold the body when walking tilted slightly forward…
- Don’t kick back, if someone touched a shoulder, being late for their business.
- Do not ignore the visit to the doctor, if, nevertheless, a fall occurred, and the blow was strong.
If you are not particularly careful, the recommendations fly out of memory immediately after reading, and you will not take off the hairpins “never and for nothing,” then carry them with you in your purse a pair of cotton tights or stockings – in the emergency room, they will be useful to you. The stocking stretched under the cast will protect you from itching, skin irritation and the feeling of tight hairs.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!