What you need for acrylic nail extension at home
Have you decided to do an independent acrylic modeling of nails, and to carry out nail extension with acrylic at home? Before going to the store, it does not hurt to find out what should be in the set of tools for acrylic technology, how much these tools will cost, and which will be more convenient – tips or forms.
What is needed for nail extension with acrylic at home – the practicing beauty masters tell.
The content of the article:
What is needed for nail extension with acrylic at home – a starter kit for extension
Focusing on the specified price range, remember that it is absolutely not necessary to purchase the most expensive funds for the first time. Moreover, this technology may simply not suit you, and as a result, the funds will be wasted. Start small.
- Medium for hand disinfection.
- Medium for disinfection of instruments.
- Files for filing natural nails…
- Files for filing and polishing acrylic nails.
- Monomer (needed to dissolve powder).
- Acrylic Powder (white – for a jacket, pink, colored).
- Primer (needed for nail adhesion and coating).
- Dust brush after sanding nails.
- Brush for the distribution of acrylic (preferably a few).
- Bonder (needed to wash off dried acrylic from the brush).
- Pair of shots (cups) for working with acrylic.
- Pusher. Price – 200-500 rubles. Or orange sticks.
- Wed-in, softening the cuticle.
- Cuticle oil (for the final stage of building).
- Tips glue. Liquid glue dries instantly. Glue gel – about a minute (it will cost more). The second option is optimal for wavy nails – it evenly fills all cavities of the nail plate.
- Tip cutter.
- Finish coating.
1. The best brush for acrylic extensions – what is it?
One of the most important criteria for choosing brushes for acrylic is the density and elasticity of the beam, as well as the sharpness of the tip.
- Don’t skimp on brushes. The quality of your manicure will largely depend on the quality of the brushes.
- The best brushes are from kolinsky, sable and marten. Cheap – from protein.
- Brush handle should be light and comfortable.
- Marking: for modeling – No. 6-12, for design – No. 1-6. For building, as a rule, use the 8th number.
- Brush shape. To create a thin layer of acrylic on the cuticle – oval, with a thick “belly”, with a flattened base, the tip is thin. For acrylic sculpting – the same, but smaller.
Remember that a new brush is usually coated with a special factory glue. Therefore, before starting work, the brush should be rinsed.
2. Files for building acrylic nails at home
In order for the acrylic nail extension procedure to be perfect, files and polishing blocks must be chosen in different degrees of hardness:
- For filing edges – files of coarse abrasiveness.
- To remove shine from their nails – polishing blocks of minimal abrasiveness.
- For modeling – files of medium abrasiveness.
3. Acrylic powder for home nail extension with acrylic
Differences in quality powder for acrylic modeling:
- Snug fit to nails.
- Easy filing and processing.
- Porous structure for maximum air exchange.
- Does not crystallize, does not spread.
When using high-quality powder, acrylic nails do not flake off, are highly plastic and do not break.
4. Choosing shapes or tips: their advantages and disadvantages for acrylic nail extension at home
What is the difference between tips and shapes? Nail tips are a special plastic that, when glued to the tip of the nail, is used as a backing for acrylic. And the forms are a special form of adhesive paper, placed under the nail. The future strength of nails does not depend on the modeling option, but tips are more beginner-friendly (forms require skill).
What are the differences between the two options?
- It is easier to lay out tips on a free edge than forms.
- Tips are more comfortable with large pillows.
- With the help of tips, it is possible to carry out modeling even of such nails that have been broken “at the root”.
- Tips are easier for a beginner to handle.
Disadvantages of tips
- Flatter nails.
- Lack of ability to create edge, gothic stylet, side or pipe.
- The weak point is the gluing zone. If the tips were glued poorly, then the nail flies off very quickly.
- Nail tips are an unfortunate solution for wide nails. And also – for those growing down.
Forms for nail extension
- The ability to create any shape.
- The ability to make the nails narrow.
- The subtlety and grace of nails.
- As a result, a monolithic structure (very high strength is provided to the nails).
- The ability to hide defects in natural nails (width, downward growth, etc.).
Disadvantages of forms
- Not everyone can create a beautiful shape with their help (experience and talent are needed).
- It is very difficult to build up injured nails using molds.
How to build up nails with acrylic at home – video instruction
Commentary by a practicing nail master
You can build up your nails with acrylic not only in the salon, but also at home, the main thing is to know the technology and have a desire to be beautiful.
This technique has a lot of advantages. First, you can choose any length and shape of your nails. Secondly, the nails will be strong and practical. Acrylic is a reliable material that has no odor after curing.
However, I will warn you: do not overdo it with a manicure! Lack of experience can lead to severe damage to the skin and nail plate. For a beginner who wants to make himself an acrylic extension, I recommend just pushing back the cuticle with a pusher and working with nails. Do not forget to degrease the plates well, otherwise the acrylic will begin to peel off.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!