Online sale of goods is in itself a rather specific area, with many nuances. And even more so when it comes to jewelry. Is it worth buying jewelry online and what you need to know when choosing a regular jewelry store?
Read also: 7 steps to check the reliability of an online store on its site.
The content of the article:
It is better to buy jewelry in a poppy store – how not to be fooled?
Of course, even buying in a company store sometimes will not protect you from counterfeiting (anything can happen), but in order to minimize the risk of a jewelry scam, you should remember the following rules for buying jewelry:
- Choose specialized, large jewelry stores with a well-deserved reputation, with long-term work experience and, preferably, located in prestigious areas of the city – on stalls, in small shops, in the subway, in the market, in mini-salons and from under the counter, it is absolutely impossible to purchase jewelry.
- In the windows of the “right” jewelry store, jewelry will always be arranged in a strict order. – they are not thrown in slides, rings with chains, silver and gold, etc. are not confused.
- Jewelry store licenses are always available for review in the consumer’s corner, as well as a list of brands and samples typical for Russia, and the rules for trade in jewelry made of precious metals.
- Brand (imprint) of the manufacturer on the product – a guarantee of compliance with the sample and the quality of the jeweler’s work.
- The high class of the manufacturer will be indicated by the carefully executed fastening of stones. from the “wrong side” of the product, the Assay Office stamp and a lead seal label. The label must indicate the manufacturer, the name of the jewelry with its article number, weight, fineness and price (per gram and retail), as well as the characteristics and type of insert, if any.
- A branded jewelry store, as a rule, is distinguished by the presence of accurate scales and a magnifying glass. for those who have doubts about the brand and weight of the jewelry.
- Of course, the decoration should be free of sharp edges and burrs., cracks, roughness, scratches, etc. Stones must be firmly adhered to the frames, the requirement for the enamel coating is uniformity and absence of gaps, foreign inclusions.
See also: The most common scams and scams on the Internet – save yourself from mistakes!
Buying gold and jewelry online – advantages and disadvantages; rules for buying gold online
Where is the best place to buy gold jewelry? In the Internet! Despite the development of Internet commerce, the purchase of jewelry through the world wide web is not yet very common. Of course, it has many advantages, but the disadvantages, alas, are quite significant.
Benefits of buying gold online:
- There are no weekends, lunch breaks, etc. in online stores. You can buy jewelry at any convenient time.
- Anyone can buy jewelry from anywhere in the world.
- The assortment of the online store significantly exceeds the variety of jewelry that we are offered in a regular store.
- Choosing jewelry in an online store is much easier. – no queues and crowds of people (especially on the eve of a holiday). You can calmly examine all the decorations, and the guard will not look askance at you and walk on your heels.
- The cost of jewelry in the online store is an order of magnitude lowerthan usual.
Disadvantages of buying jewelry online:
- You will not be able to touch, try on, examine the product. As well as making sure there is no marriage.
- It is very difficult to determine the actual size on the screen. product even if it appears in the description.
- Colors of enamels and stones on the screen are distorted – they depend on the monitor and the quality of the photos.
- Product information is usually insufficient.
- Delivery times are sometimes seriously delayed (by ordering a decoration for a holiday for a loved one, you can simply be late with a gift).
- Transaction insurance for such a purchase is not provided.
- The licenses and certificates presented on the site may not correspond to reality.
- Call the owner of the online store to account, in case of force majeure (problems with delivery or payment through the banking system) or fraud, it is extremely difficult.
What should you remember when purchasing precious jewelry online?
- You have every right return the goods upon receipt, without explaining the reasons to the courier. True, you still have to pay for delivery.
- Online store must provide the possibility of repair (warranty and post-warranty) and return goods in case of an incorrect order, a seller’s mistake, an error in the catalog.
- Online store must be eligible to trade jewelry. That is, the prerequisites are a legal address, a certificate from the Assay Office of registration (and other documents confirming the right to trade in this area), an official responsible.
- An online store must have solid work experience and positive feedback from buyers. Moreover, it is advisable to look at the reviews not on the store’s website, but on the network.
See also: Relationships and love on the Internet – is there a danger, and how to protect yourself from mistakes?
Which online store can I buy jewelry from?
Signs of a good online store:
- Prompt execution of the order and the possibility of constant communication with the seller.
- Optimal price / quality ratio.
- A high level of product quality and its rich assortment.
- Convenient payment system (several options).
- Prompt solution of emerging problems (replacement of goods, delivery, return, etc.).
Where is the best place to buy jewelry – regular jewelry stores and online stores? Share your opinion with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!