Term – the first obstetric week, the beginning of a new menstrual cycle.
Let’s talk about her – the very beginning of a long journey of waiting for a baby.
Table of contents:
What does term mean?
The counting is carried out in different ways, it all depends on what to take as a starting point.
In the understanding of the obstetrician-gynecologist, 1-2 weeks is the period when the menstrual cycle ends and ovulation occurs.
Obstetric first week – the period, the countdown of which is from the first day of the last menstruation of the cycle during which conception occurred. It is from this week that the period until delivery is counted, which is usually 40 weeks.
First week from conception – this is the third obstetric week.
First week of delay Is the fifth obstetric week.
Signs at 1 week
In fact, the first two weeks pass under a veil of secrecy. Because the mother does not yet know that her egg will be fertilized. So there are no signs of pregnancy in the first week, since the body only prepares for it.
What happens in a woman’s body – sensations
Feelings in the expectant mother in the 1st week
Feelings of a woman after conception and in the first days of pregnancy can be completely different, all this is very individual. Some do not feel the changes at all.
Other women experience the usual signs of their period ending.
the beginning of intrauterine life
A period of 1 obstetric week means that menstruation has taken place, the mother’s body is preparing for a new cycle and ovulation, and maybe conception, which is ahead.
Recommendations and advice for the expectant mother
- Your cessation of alcohol and smoking, including secondhand smoke, will be very important for the health of your unborn baby;
- Also, if you are taking certain medications, then you should consult with your doctor and read carefully the instructions, if there is pregnancy in the list of contraindications;
- It is advisable to take a multivitamin complex for pregnant women, it contains folic acid, which is very necessary for the expectant mother;
- Avoid stress as much as possible and take care of your psychological well-being. After all, everything that happens to you affects the development of the child;
- Try to reduce your tea and coffee consumption, especially if you usually consume large amounts of them throughout the day.
Next: Week 2
Choose any other in the pregnancy calendar.
Calculate the exact due date in our service.
Did you feel anything in the 1st week? Share with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!