Effective methods of increasing a woman’s fertility for conception – what to do if you cannot get pregnant?
Children are a gift from heaven. And sometimes this gift has to wait for a very long time. Some cannot do without contraception in general, because “even it happens from a draft”, while others, although they do not protect themselves, all cannot bring the matter to the desired result. That is, up to 2 red stripes.
What is fertility and can you increase your chances of getting pregnant?
The content of the article:
Preparing for conception – how to properly plan for conceiving a child?
The term “Fertility” in science it is customary to call the female ability to “fertility” (to conceive).
Above increased fertility Many potential mothers who cannot get pregnant think about it, but few understand how to increase this ability, this ability.
So, first of all, you should properly prepare for conception.
Rounding off with contraception!
Even if you have already stopped taking the pills and removed the coil, chances are that the contraceptive effect is not over yet. And the period required for a woman to conceive can change significantly when they are taken.
- If you have used hormonal contraceptives, then you (more precisely, your reproductive function) need time to adapt. The time it takes to correct your natural hormone levels can be very long.
- Spiral. Naturally, it must be removed before attempting to give birth. But even after removing it, you should go to the gynecologist and make sure that you have no problems after using it (some of them may affect reproductive functions).
- Condoms. Everything is simple here. It is enough to simply remove them from your intimate life. No adaptation time is required.
Days of ovulation – we calculate with accuracy
The more clearly you know about these very days when the body is maximally ready for conception, the higher the chances of winning.
How to track these days?
- We count from the 1st day of your last menstruation: usually ovulation occurs (average) on the 14th day.
- We use a special application on our smartphone (convenient and simple).
- We measure basal body temperature daily after waking up and at the same time. It is usually slightly higher on ovulation days than normal days.
- It makes sense to pay attention to the cervical mucus on the pad. A very effective method. With sticky, transparent secretions, reminiscent of “egg white”, just the period you need begins. An intimate life should be continued for 3-5 days after the discovery of these “symptoms”.
- We apply ovulation tests. It is not difficult to find them, but they cost a penny.
A little about the intimate side of the matter
- The vital activity of sperm in the fallopian tubes – no more than a week. Whereas the life span of an egg is about a day. To hit it exactly “on target”, you should start a regular intimate life in advance – before ovulation.
- The more often the better. You yourself know. Well, at least every other day. Moreover, despite the vitality of sperm, the youngest of them will still be more industrious.
- No lubricants, spermicides, various chemical irritants. They will not help in conception.
- Relax and just have fun. The more focused you are on a goal, the more difficult it will be to get things done. The more pleasure, the easier it is for sperm to reach the cervix.
- Take your time getting out of bed after sex. Spend at least 15 minutes after intercourse in the “prone” position to increase the chances of conception by exactly 2 times.
And then we wait for the results and do tests for a possible pregnancy.
In addition, the conception that has happened can be judged by the following signs:
- A week later (approx .: + – 3 days) after the immediate conception, implantation bleeding may appear (an early and short-term sign of conception, lasting from 1 to 48 hours).
- Basal temperature remains elevated for 2 weeks after ovulation.
All methods of increasing female fertility – what to do if you can’t get pregnant?
Rare couples who have embarked on the implementation of plans for conception manage to achieve results from the very first attempt. According to statistics, it takes about 2 years for 95% of couples. Therefore, there is no need to get upset and panic, get depressed if there is no result.
Nevertheless, the most effective fertility treatments are what you need to increase your fertility.
Planning a pregnancy with medicine
Why not? Will not be superfluous. Even if you do not have problems with reproductive function, there are others that are better to immediately detect (if any) and cure so that nothing will interfere with your conception.
The gynecologist will conduct a full examination, prescribe tests and exclude …
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (note – it affects ovulation in general).
- Diabetes mellitus (note – its presence can affect the full development of the fetus).
- Endometriosis (note – this disease, in addition to the main inconveniences, also affects fertility itself).
- Diseases of the thyroid / gland (note – can significantly change the hormonal background, in addition, control of the disease is necessary after conception).
- Infections / diseases of the genitourinary system, organs of the small / pelvis.
Health comes first
- Are you overweight? Start losing weight. This will increase your chances of conceiving.
- Do not overdo it – do not overdo it in the desire to lose weight. Losing too much weight changes the menstrual cycle and decreases fertility.
Take care of your vitamin intake
They should be started well before pregnancy. For example, folic acid. Calcium and iron are also needed.
We eat right!
- We eat only natural and high quality products. No pesticides, GMOs or other chemicals.
- Sweetened foods and baked goods with trans fats (artificial oils) are given to the enemy.
- Meat with nitrates, unpasteurized cheeses, stale vegetables and poorly processed fish are categorically excluded from the menu.
- We lean on plant products (preferably from our region) – vegetables and fruits, as well as cereals and nuts.
- Also useful for increasing fertility are milk and natural (!) Yoghurts, low-fat kefir, eggs and seafood, chicken and tofu.
About partner’s health
It is also worth taking care of.
- Choose a complex of vitamins with selenium for your spouse.
- Feed him foods with vitamins E and C.
- A ban on smoking, alcohol, sugar and coffee (well, or at least limit it as much as possible) while preparing for conception. Nicotine significantly reduces the mobility of even the fastest sperm and changes the structure of the sperm.
We categorically and immediately get rid of bad habits!
- No alcohol! It reduces female fertility by 60% at once, and if you drink from beakers. What can we say about large dishes or frequent celebrations.
- Cigarettes are banned. Nicotine can interfere with the process of implantation (“attachment”) of the embryo in the uterus.
- Instead of coffee – kefir, juices, homemade lemonade, green tea, compotes, etc.
Conception is incompatible with alcohol and cigarettes!
Don’t get hung up on the result
If your intimate relationship proceeds exclusively under the flag of expectation of conception, then gradually conflicts will begin to arise between you. The reason is simple – intimacy will no longer bring you pleasure.
Therefore, dreaming of conception, do not become robots! Just love each other, enjoy sex, or rather go somewhere on a trip.
Calm and only calm!
Depression and stress, increased adrenaline and cortisol lead to decreased fertility. They also increase the risk of termination of pregnancy and the level of prolactin, as a result of which the implantation of the egg is difficult.
The daily routine is required
First, lack of sleep leads to infertility. Second, getting adequate sleep improves your chances of winning. Why?
Because the production of the hormone leptin occurs during sleep, and the higher it is, the closer you are to your goal (statistically, most infertile women have low levels of this hormone).
Reducing the level of physical activity
It is better to replace too heavy and intense sports with light and moderate physical activity.
When is it necessary to see a doctor and what kind of examination is needed?
No need to run to the doctors after the first unsuccessful attempt! Set yourself a deadline, after the end of which a visit to a specialist will be really needed.
And until this period is over, do not strain – have fun, live calmly, do not think about anything.
But who really should go to a specialist is healthy couples, provided that …
- They are both up to 35 years old, they have had sex at least 2 times a week for more than 12 months.
- Both of them are over 35 years old, they have had sex regularly (more than 2 times a week) for more than 6 months.
- Both of them are over 40 years old.
- Or there is a history of miscarriage.
It also follows …
- Talk to your doctor about how foods in your diet or medications you have to take might affect the fertility process.
- Get tested for STDs.
- It is imperative to undergo a full examination by a gynecologist.
- To pass tests for the quality / quantity of sperm (for the future dad), a blood test for hormones and undergo an ultrasound scan.
- Do a pelvic ultrasound, hormone tests, laparoscopy and hysterosalpingography – for the expectant mother.
Necessary diagnostics and treatment of infertility for conception 100 percent – which way is ahead?
We consider all options and use all the possibilities.
Discuss with your spouse in advance – how far are you willing to go, how much money and time to spend.
Be sure to find a top-notch specialist (according to reviews, recommendations of friends, etc.). Even if you have to go to another city – the result is worth it!
- We make an appointment for a consultation with a doctor.
- We do not stop at the 1st doctor and the 1st clinic – we are looking for our own clinic and our doctor, whom you can trust and confide in.
- We draw up a list of important questions: including the question of price, the prospect of treatment, the chances of success, etc.
Modern technology has greatly increased the chances of women getting pregnant. Already many mothers who have decided on this procedure are happy with their children and do not regret anything.
IVF essence: your egg is “brought together” with your spouse’s sperm in the medical / laboratory, and after successful fertilization, it is transplanted into your uterus. Then everything develops as in a normal pregnancy.
Lowest chances of success even with this procedure:
- When using frozen embryos.
- In nulliparous girls with endometriosis.
Well, one more method: intrauterine insemination. It is carried out, for example, when sperm activity is low (when they simply “do not have the strength” to get to their destination). In this case, the woman is injected with the purified and processed “material” of the future dad directly into the cervix using a syringe with a catheter.
As for the effectiveness of the procedure, experts estimate it at 20-40%.