Modern society has become more scrupulous about its health, and Eastern practices quickly found application among impressionable Russians, who gladly dive into everything new and useful for themselves, including yoga, meditation, and so on.
Qigong gymnastics, which now has more and more admirers in Russia, was no exception.
The content of the article:
- Benefits of Qigong Gymnastics for Weight Loss and Health
- Contraindications to qigong gymnastics
- Where to start classes – preparation and rules
- Video lessons of qigong gymnastics for beginners
Benefits of Qigong Gymnastics for Weight Loss and Health
The very name of the Eastern practice is derived from the positive energy of “qi” and the work of “gong”.
This Chinese breathing exercise, which has been known in Russia for more than two decades, is aimed primarily at improving the overall health of the body. And in a healthy body, as you know, not only a healthy mind, but also a healthy weight!
One of the oldest Chinese practices is a pattern of exercises that make all body systems work – without interruption and according to the idea of nature. Previously, this gymnastics was even considered the yoga of Taoist monks, who considered qigong to be part of “inner alchemy.”
Of course, Qigong will not give immortality, but it has many advantages.
Qigong will help …
- Get rid of excess fat.
- Normalize blood circulation.
- Bring the digestive tract back to normal.
- Strengthen immunity and improve overall well-being.
- Relieve stress and tension in the body, or deal with its consequences.
- Reduce appetite and cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Find inner harmony and peace of mind.
- And so on.
Qigong does not involve powerful strength training with cardio loads, barbell lifts, or jumping in aerobics classes. Qigong exercises can be done even by beginners, and they are based mainly on breathing exercises.
According to the Chinese sages, after losing weight with the help of qigong gymnastics, centimeters dropped from the waist do not return again. And the whole secret is that qigong not only speeds up the metabolism, but also helps to heal diseases that lead to obesity.
With the help of fat, the body is peculiarly protected from negative energy, according to, again, Chinese philosophy, as well as from physical negative external factors. Qigong, on the other hand, brings mental balance back to normal, thereby eliminating the need to accumulate extra pounds in general.
Gymnastics allows you to lose within a month from 3 to 17-18 kg excess weight.
Video: Slimming Qigong
Contraindications to qigong gymnastics
Among the absolute contraindications to gymnastics, experts note:
- A general serious condition that prevents any exercise and action at all.
- Infectious lesions in the musculoskeletal system.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Spinal injuries and traumatic brain injury.
- Heart damage, aortic aneurysm, as well as myocardial dystrophy.
- Mental disorders.
- Internal bleeding.
Temporary conditions that are contraindications include:
- Recovery period after surgery (3 months).
- Full stomach (approx. – the period immediately after eating).
- Forced intake of a solid amount of drugs.
- Increased (more than 37) or decreased (less than 36.2) temperature.
- Great fatigue.
- Hypothermia or severe overheating.
- Sports activities or physical work that require large and serious efforts.
- Exacerbation of any chronic diseases.
- The period after staying in the bath / sauna (approx. – 4 hours after the bath must pass to do qigong, or 6-8 hours after gymnastics).
A versatile warm-up complex before any workout – 7 effective warm-up exercises
How to start doing qigong gymnastics – preparation and training rules
If there are no contraindications, then qigong gymnastics is available for a person of any age and any level of physical fitness.
First of all, you should prepare for gymnastics:
- Find the exercises you need and figure out how to correctly implement them.
- Choose a special comfortable suit.
- Ventilate the room.
- Tune in to gymnastics.
General rules for gymnastics:
- The ideal time for gymnastics is in the morning right after bed, or in the evening just before bed.
- No aggression and sudden movements.
- We do all the exercises smoothly and calmly.
- We follow the sequence. From exercises for, for example, knees, you cannot go directly to gymnastics that affects the cervical spine.
- We don’t break the balance! All parts of the body must work in the same rhythm.
- We do not do gymnastics if we are too tired, very sleepy, or experiencing severe stress. Exercises are performed exclusively in a calm state.
- We train every day.
Qigong and food: basic rules
- We do not practice immediately after eating.
- We try not to eat cold food and drinks – they take away useful energy from your stomach.
- We do not overeat. We eat exactly as much as is necessary to satisfy hunger, and not to lie down as a “fur seal” on the couch.
- Replacing the meat with soy.
- The last meal is 4 (no later!) Hours before bedtime.
These are all the basic rules of nutrition if you want to get results from qigong gymnastics. With regular exercise, the appetite will regulate itself and decrease, so there are no more restrictions.
Basic exercises for weight loss gymnastics qigong – video tutorials for beginners
Among the basic qigong exercises, the most popular is the basic set of exercises for beginners, which takes only 15 minutes a day, but gives amazing results.
This complex includes 3 main exercises:
- Breath of the frog.
- Frog on the wave.
- Lotus bud.
Video: Three Simple Qigong Weight Loss Exercises
- We sit on a stool, spread our legs shoulder-width apart and press our feet to the floor.
- We rest our elbows on our knees, and our foreheads on our hands (“thinking pose”). The left hand should be clenched into a fist, and the right hand laid on top of the left (for women).
- We completely relax, calm the nervous system and focus on the joys we experienced in the past.
- Having completely calmed down, we proceed to the exercise, concentrating only on breathing and ignoring extraneous sounds and sensations.
- We breathe in and feel the Qi penetrate with the air into your stomach. Exhale slowly and evenly through the mouth, relaxing completely on exhalation and letting go of qi from the lower abdomen as you exhale.
- Now (with the belly relaxed and soft) inhale slowly through the nose, filling the qi in the lower abdomen. We pause the inhalation a little, holding it for a couple of seconds, and then continue it briefly and immediately move on to a slow exhalation – we remove the contaminated qi.
- After the exercise, without opening our eyes, we very slowly raise our head and, “prayerfully” folding our palms, rub them against each other, and then with our fingers we “comb” our hair. Now you can open your eyes, clench your hands into fists, stretch well and breathe, as if from extreme fatigue.
Repeated repetition of the exercise helps to increase metabolism and blood circulation.
- Leave the chest motionless during inhalation and exhalation! We breathe in our belly – absorbing pure qi and removing polluted qi from the body.
- If you have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, heart or other systems (as well as with menstruation), we breathe in half the strength.
- The exercise time is 15 minutes. We repeat it three times a day in a quiet place.
- We sit on the floor in the lotus position (with crossed legs) or on a low stool.
- With the outer side of the wrists we rest on the hips, and the hands should lie one on top of the other (left on top for women), palms up.
- Do not touch the wall or the back of the chair with your back, keep your back straight, relax the muscles of your face and touch the upper palate with your tongue.
- We relax and remember the joys we have experienced, we tune in to positive gymnastics.
- We regulate breathing for 5 minutes, inhaling and exhaling deeply, evenly and slowly.
- For the next 5 minutes, focus on exhaling, completely relaxing the body during it.
- Now we breathe naturally, without controlling breathing at all for 10 minutes, and again we return it under control.
Exercise stimulates the metabolism, helps to recuperate and get rid of many chronic ailments.
- We practice for 5-20 minutes three times a day in a quiet place.
Frog swinging on the wave
- We lie on our backs, bending our knees and pressing our feet to the floor parallel to each other.
- One hand is on the stomach, the other is on the chest.
- We take a slow, calm breath, greatly expanding the chest and strongly pulling in our stomach.
- Now – exhalation, together with which you need to draw in the chest and, conversely, inflate the stomach, like a ball, but without applying too much effort.
With the help of a frog on a wave, we learn to control our stomach and get rid of excessive gluttony.
- Raise and lower the stomach and chest in “waves” – they should “flow” into one another, according to the name of the exercise.
- We choose the pace of inhalation and exhalation on our own. There is no need to accelerate the pace so that your head does not spin.
- You can even do the exercise while standing or while walking, but the ideal conditions are lying down, just before eating, when you are hungry.
- The number of workouts per day is equal to the number of your hunger states before meals.
- Training time is about 5-7 minutes for a beginner (from 20 waves).
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article – we hope it was useful to you. Please share your feedback and advice with our readers!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!