The approach of everyone’s favorite holiday is felt everywhere. Soon, New Year’s bells will ring in the streets, champagne will splash and the smell of tangerines and sweets will float over the country. And in order not to waste time in vain, you can calmly choose gifts for loved ones and decorate your house for the New Year. And it is not at all necessary to spend half of your hard earned money left and right in order for the house to shine with all the colors of the celebration.
It is enough to turn on your imagination and climb into the closets and mezzanines for materials, which are abundant in every house. Although if financial possibilities allow, then it will be much easier to create the desired atmosphere of a fairy tale.
How to decorate a house with a garland
- To make it easier to adapt the garlands to different details of your interior, it is preferable to choose them different colors, lengths, shapes and fluffiness… Do not forget about electric garlands – they create that mystery and a sense of magic in children and adults. Make sure you have a power outlet nearby before hanging up the electric garland; hanging extension cords all over your home is not the best solution. Moreover, if there are children in the house.
- Home decoration with garlands should start right With hallway. Let the mood of households and guests rises already on the doorstep of the house. A rack with hangers, walls, an entrance door frame – everything must be wrapped (hung) with garlands. The main thing is to do it tastefully and stylishly. The mess of garlands is unlikely to inspire anyone.
- The living room (walk-through rooms) should decorate from top to bottom: from curtains and curtain rods to table lamps and sconces.
- Rain, serpentine and similar thin tinsel looks solemn, even if you just hang them on photographs, paintings and wardrobes. Combine these parts with candles with great care. You can also fill large glass vases with tinsel and rain and arrange them in the corners of the room, additionally decorating them with Christmas balls and Christmas tree cones.
- You can decorate your own with an electric garland balcony and windowsso that even from the street people feel that a holiday has already begun in your house. Many people use colorful garlands to create real masterpieces on the balconies – Christmas trees, snowmen and gifts made of colorful lights certainly increase the mood.
- When decorating an apartment, candles can be very different: multi-colored, shiny, curly, thick and thin, long and very short, like on cakes. But most profitable they look in a single compositioncomposed by skillful hands.
- The candles installed always look magical on a platter with spruce branches. Only candles are better to choose monochromatic, and fir branches can be “sprinkled with snow” from a bottle of silver paint.
- You can also add Christmas decorations, cones, artificial flowers to the spruce branches – in general, everything that can be found in the house. Red and silver candles are the most “New Year” ones.
The most important attribute is a tree
- The Christmas tree should be, first of all, stylish and smart… Chaotically hung toys, rain and tinsel, of course, will do their job. But individuality in this matter also does not hurt.
- One color scheme for decoration Christmas trees are the best option. For example, it can be shades of silver-blue or yellow-red. Bows, tinsel, toys, and even candy should also match the same style. Nuts, lollipops and small chocolates can be wrapped in shiny foil.
- No room for a forest beauty? Put a bouquet of spruce paws into a large vase. Decorate the vase with glittering tinsel, and the paws with fresh flowers, ribbons and tiny balls.
- No desire to sweep the needles after the holiday? Buy a plant cypress, plant in a beautiful pots, decorate it with rain, serpentine and bows.
- And it is not at all necessary to approach the issue of decorating a Christmas tree in a standard way. Can be created entirely candy tree… Or fruity (by hanging garlands of tangerines on the tree). Or decorate the tree with cones painted gold.
How to decorate a New Year’s table
The decoration of the New Year’s table is a special detail of the apartment on a holiday. And you also need to approach this issue in a special way – with imagination and scrupulousness:
- First you need to build large candlestick and decorate its middle with snowflakes, pine needles, ribbons, stars and other details. Coniferous candle compositions are a must-have item on the New Year’s table. You can create this composition using a piaflore sponge placed in a ceramic stand. Artificial or natural spruce twigs are inserted into the sponge, and several candles of different lengths can be placed in the heart of the composition. To decorate the needles, you can use glitter, paint, accessories, and more.
- The snow effect can also be created by immersing the spruce branches overnight in a hot, highly concentrated salt solution. In the morning, after drying, white salt crystals similar to snow will appear on the needles. Or you can grate the foam and glue it to the needles, for example, with hairspray.
- Small candlesticks will also look very solemn on the New Year’s table. Especially if you decorate them stylishly, letting them sail into crystal low containers with tinted water and sparkles.
- We must not forget about the sweet tooth. Large vases, having previously decorated them with tinsel, spruce twigs and bows made of wide ribbons, can be filled with sweets of various shapes and lengths – icicles, candies, long chocolates and kinder surprises.
- If you have a transparent tablecloth, you can lay white paper under it and sprinkle confetti on top. And also lay out mini-postcards with wishes for guests.
How to decorate window sills and bedside tables
- Compositions in decorated baskets, boxes, dishes and flat vases will look great on horizontal surfaces. For such compositions, you can use fresh flowers, including home ones, which can be placed in the center of the New Year’s “masterpiece” without cutting. For this, a guzmania, mistletoe, nightshade or poinsettia are suitable.
- Do not forget to fill the space between the windows – for example, with fluffy tinsel, spruce branches and Christmas tree decorations.
- Crosswise stretched threads with a serpentine and a rain hung on it – this is the last century. Step away from familiar design options, New Year is a holiday of invention, fantasy and creativity!
- Window you can easily paste over carved, and even very beautiful, snowflakes… But it will look much more interesting glass painting, to which children can also be attracted. Ordinary tooth powder is diluted with water to the consistency of thick sour cream, and “voila” – a frosty pattern appears on the glass with a brush, which can be easily washed off with water.
- For curtains can choose decoration with bows and light shiny balls. Decorations are attached to the curtains with ordinary pins. Bows can also be tied on cones, but it is better to hang them not on curtains, but on walls and furniture.
- Flower pots can be wrapped with gift paper and tied with ribbons. The main thing is to maintain a uniform chosen style of festive decoration.
- Hedgehogs made of oranges, studded with carnations, will fill the house with an incomparable aroma and become an excellent decoration for the festive table.
- They look spectacular and New Year’s lanterns of various sizes and colors on the curbstonex, window sills and tables. You can make lanterns yourself, and put small candles in glass containers inside them. Ice lanterns are no less interesting, which can delight guests for about four to five hours of general fun. To create such flashlights, you need to fill tiny balloons with water and, after tying them, send them to the freezer. Before the chimes strike, the frozen lanterns are freed from rubber, and a candle in a metal shape is inserted into the depression created from above by warm water.
- Magic creative wall will be an ideal option for New Year’s decor and a reminder of the intentions and timing of their implementation. A sheet of fiberboard (its size will depend on the number of household promises) is attached to the wall with self-tapping screws and is designed in accordance with the general style – garlands, snowflakes and toys. Tear-off calendar leaves are randomly glued to the created wall, after which you can leave promises and wishes to all households, guests and friends on them.
- Besides the main Christmas tree, you can decorate the apartment with small Christmas trees, placed and hung throughout the house. Christmas trees can be paper, knitted, sewn like plush mini-toys, edible, wooden and woven from beads – for which there is enough imagination. You can make toys for the tree with your own hands.
- Every element of the house on the eve of this magical holiday should help to enhance the mood. Therefore, we select the design details in accordance with this requirement. Glitter snowflake stickers can be glued to ordinary cups and glasses, and Christmas tree magnets can be glued to the refrigerator. You can put a luminous garland in a glass vessel, decorate decorative pillows with tinsel, and sketch “snow” on dressers and bookshelves.
- To make it easier decorate the main room, in which everyone will gather at a large table, you need to decide what exactly it will be? Magic forest? Or maybe an underwater kingdom? Or the New Year’s Palace? Having indicated the direction, you can safely decorate the room in the chosen style, not forgetting about surprises and surprises.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!