When you are really looking forward to pregnancy, you use proven folk methods for pregnancy, you believe in signs, then you listen to every new sensation, to every new feeling inside. The delay is still far away, but I already want to know for sure, here and now. And as luck would have it, there were no signs of an alleged pregnancy. Or, on the contrary, there are many symptoms that did not seem to have existed before, but I don’t want to indulge myself with hope in vain, because the disappointment that came with the arrival of the next menstruation is even worse than complete ignorance. And it so happens that there are already all the signs of the onset of PMS, but hope still does not die – what if!
Let’s see what happens in the body with PMS and what happens in early pregnancy.
The content of the article:
PMS reasons – why do we notice it?
Premenstrual syndrome can be found in about 50-80% of women. And this is not at all a physiological process, as many women think, but a disease characterized by a number of symptoms that occur 2-10 days before the onset of menstruation. But what are all the same reasons for the occurrence? There are several theories.
- In the second phase of the monthly cycle, suddenly the ratio of progesterone and estrogen is disrupted. The amount of estrogen increases, hyperestrogenism occurs and, as a result, the functions of the corpus luteum are weakened, and the level of progesterone decreases. This has a strong effect on the neuro-emotional state.
- Increased production of prolactin, and as a consequence of this, hyperprolactinemia occurs. Under its influence, the mammary glands undergo significant changes. They swell, swell, and become painful.
- Various thyroid disease, violation of the secretion of a number of hormones that affect the female body.
- Kidney dysfunction affects water-salt metabolism, which also plays a role in the development of PMS symptoms.
- A significant contribution is made by lack of vitamins, in particular B6, and trace elements calcium, magnesium and zinc – this is called hypovitaminosis.
- Genetic predisposition also takes place.
- And, of course, frequent stress do not pass without harm to women’s health. In women exposed to it, PMS occurs several times more often, and the symptoms appear in a more severe form.
All these theories exist, but they are not absolutely proven. Still, the most reliable theory is considered to be the imbalance of the hormones estrogen and progesterone, or a combination of several reasons.
If you do not go into medical terms, then, in simple words, PMS – This is the physical and emotional discomfort that occurs on the eve of menstruation. Sometimes a woman feels such discomfort for only a few hours, but usually it is still a few days.
The real signs of PMS – women share experiences
The manifestations are very diverse and individual for each woman, moreover, a different set of symptoms can be observed in different cycles.
Here are the main ones:
- Weakness, absent-mindedness, fatigue, lethargy, numbness in the hands;
- Insomnia or, conversely, drowsiness;
- Dizziness, headache, fainting, nausea, vomiting and bloating, fever;
- Swelling of the mammary glands and their severe soreness;
- Irritability, tearfulness, resentment, nervous tension, moodiness, anxiety, unreasonable anger;
- Swelling, even weight gain;
- Aching or pulling pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, painful physical sensations in the joints and muscles, cramps;
- Allergic skin reactions;
- Panic attacks and palpitations;
- Changes in the perception of smell and taste;
- Sudden increase or decrease in libido;
- Weakening of immunity and, consequently, increased susceptibility to various infections, exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Now you know that there are a lot of symptoms, but all together, of course, they do not appear in one woman. Not surprisingly, many people confuse PMS symptoms with early pregnancy symptoms, as they are nearly identical. But during pregnancy, the hormonal background is completely different. The level of estrogen is reduced, and progesterone is increased, preventing the onset of menstruation and maintaining pregnancy. So the theory about the cause of PMS in a violation of the hormone ratio looks the most truthful, since in PMS and during pregnancy there are completely different quantitative indicators of the same hormones, but the similarity is in a large difference in their amount and in the fact that both processes are mainly regulated progesterone:
- PMS – a lot of estrogen and little progesterone;
- Early pregnancy – excess progesterone and low estrogen levels.
What could it be – PMS or pregnancy?
I had no idea that I was pregnant, because, as usual, a week before my period, I began to get irritated and cry for any reason. Then I immediately thought that it was flying again, until I realized that I had a delay and my PMS was not going to pass. And it’s not him at all, as it turned out. So I don’t know what these early signs are, I usually have them every month.
Now I remembered…. All the signs were like in the usual monthly pain in the lower abdomen, fatigue…. every day I thought – well, today they will definitely go, a day passed, and I thought: well, today…. Then, as it were, it became strange to pull the stomach (it turns out there was a tone)…. did the test and you have 2 greasy strips! That’s it! So it happens that you do not feel at all that you are pregnant….
With PMS I felt just awful, it couldn’t be worse, and during pregnancy everything was wonderful – nothing hurt at all, my breasts were really swollen. And also, for some reason, there was such a super-duper mood that I wanted to hug everyone, although I did not know about pregnancy yet.
Maybe someone has already settled with you. I started in the middle of the cycle as usual and everyone kept repeating: PMS! PMS! Therefore, I did not do the tests, so as not to be disappointed. And I found out about pregnancy only at 7 weeks, when severe toxicosis began. The delay was associated with an irregular cycle against the background of the cancellation of OK.
And only when I found out that I was pregnant, I realized that the cycle was going on completely without PMS usual, somehow I started spinning and did not notice it, then with a delay my breasts began to hurt very much, it was simply impossible to touch.
Oh, I found out I was pregnant! Uraaaaa! But what kind of PMS this confused me, until I did the test, did not understand anything. Everything was as usual – I was tired, I wanted to sleep, my chest ached.
I had no doubt that everything worked out for us the first time, usually the stomach pulled a week before M, my chest hurt, I slept badly, and it was as if nothing had happened, I didn’t feel a thing, I immediately realized that something was wrong. Our Masik was already growing up !!!
It was like that for me too…. And then for several weeks the same sensations lasted: my chest ached, and my stomach sipped, in general, everything was like before menstruation.
As you can see, distinguishing between PMS and early pregnancy is not easy at all. What can be done?
The easiest way is to wait, not to irritate yourself once more, but just do the test in the morning on the first day of the delay. For many, even before the delay, a weak streak is shown, but not for all. Or get tested for hCG.
You can hope for pregnancy, if suddenly, miraculously, you do not have symptoms of the approaching menstruation, that is, PMS.
With the onset of pregnancy, the basal temperature will be stably above 37 degrees, while before menstruation it drops below. Try to measure!
And in addition to all of the above, I would like to add: the main thing is not to get hung up on pregnancy, and everything will work out sooner or later!
If you liked our article and have any thoughts about this, share with us! It is very important for us to know your opinion!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!