How To Wash Kitchen Towels At Home With And Without Boiling – 15 Ways
A good hostess is immediately apparent from the cleanliness of the bathroom, toilet and kitchen. And it’s not just about surfaces and plumbing, but also about towels.
Moreover, if towels from the bathroom can serve for a very long time, returning to their original appearance after each wash, then the lifespan of kitchen towels is extremely short.
Unless, of course, you do not know the secrets of their ideal purity.
The content of the article:
- 10 ways to wash your kitchen towels
- 5 ways to bleach kitchen towels
- Whiteness, cleanliness and pleasant smell of towels
10 Best Ways to Wash Dirty Kitchen Towels – Tackle All Kinds of Stains!
Washing methods for kitchen towels are different for each housewife.
How many towels should you have at home, and which ones?
Someone boils them, someone just throws them into the washing machine, not caring about the stains, and someone does use paper towels at all, because they do not know how to remove these stains in the end.
Video: We clean kitchen towels from Stains ECONOMIC!
To your attention – the most effective methods of washing!
- Salt. It will help remove coffee or tomato stains. Dissolve 5 tbsp / l of ordinary table salt in 5 liters of hot water, lower the towels, take out an hour later and send them to the washing machine.
- Regular laundry soap. Easily removes any stains, including grease marks. We moisten and wring out the towels, rub them abundantly with laundry soap (if the towels are white, it will be more effective to use a bleaching laundry soap), close them in a regular bag, leave them overnight. In the morning we send towels to the washing machine.
- Mix: vegetable oil (2 tablespoons / l) + any stain remover (2 tablespoons / l) + usual washing powder (also 2 tablespoons / l)… This method can completely remove even the oldest stains. So, boil 5 liters of water in a large household saucepan, turn off the heat and, adding all the ingredients, mix. Next, we put our towels in the solution, stir a little and leave them in the water under the lid until it cools down. We take it out and, without wringing it out, immediately throw it into the washing machine. Do not worry – new stains will not appear from the use of oil, it will only help old stains to better come off the textiles.
- Shampoo. An excellent method for removing fruit stains, if, of course, you use it immediately after soiling. We remove the soiled thing, pour shampoo on the formed stain, wait half an hour and wash it in the machine.
- Mix: glycerin and ammonia. Good for removing tea and coffee stains. We mix glycerin with ammonia in a ratio of 4: 1, dilute in 1 liter of water, lower the towel for a couple of hours, then wash in the machine.
- Silicate glue and laundry soap. Method suitable exclusively for white textiles. Mix a spoonful of silicate glue with a grated piece of soap, then dissolve the mixture in hot water in a household saucepan (about 2 liters), lower the towels and boil them in the solution for about 30 minutes. Then we rinse and, again, wash in a typewriter.
- Fairy or any other dish detergent. A great way to remove greasy stains from any fabric. Apply faeries to the stain, leave overnight, then machine wash.
- Vinegar. Super cleaner for stains and mildew odors. We dilute ordinary vinegar in hot water 1: 5, soak the towels overnight, wash them in the machine in the morning, and the stains are gone. If the fabric smells of mold (it also happens from moisture or in the case when the laundry is forgotten in the washing machine), then we mix the water with vinegar in a ratio of 1: 2, after which we soak the fabric in the solution for an hour and a half and return it to it former freshness.
- Lemon acid. This tool will easily remove beetroot stains. We wash the towel in hot water with ordinary laundry soap, squeeze and pour citric acid powder on the spot. We wait 5 minutes and rinse.
- Soda. Suitable for old and fresh stains on white towels and for removing odors. We dilute 50 g of soda in 1 liter of hot water and leave towels for 4-5 hours. If the stains have not gone away, then we boil our towels in the same solution for 20 minutes.
How to remove yellow, stubborn sweat stains from clothes – all the best recipes and tips
5 ways to bleach kitchen towels
They seem to have sorted out the laundry (among the 10 methods, each housewife will surely find 1-2 most convenient for herself).
But how to return the whiteness to the towels?
- Plain mustard powder. We dilute it in hot water until the consistency of “porridge” is formed, then “spread” on towels, leave for 6-8 hours in a bag, then rinse and wash in a typewriter.
- Potassium permanganate + powder. Pour boiling water into a bowl, add 200 g of your washing powder (any) and potassium permanganate in such an amount that the water becomes just a little pink (and no more!). now we put the already washed towels into the solution, close them with a lid or a bag, after the water has cooled, we take them out and rinse them.
- 3% hydrogen peroxide. Pour 2 tbsp / l of the substance into 5 liters of water and bring it to almost a boil in a household saucepan, then lower the towels in the solution for 30 minutes, and then wash in the machine. For greater efficiency, you can also drop 4-5 drops of ammonia into the solution.
- Boric acid. A good way to bring waffle or heavy terry towels back to life. For 1 bowl of boiling water – 2 tbsp / l of substance. We soak the towels for 2-3 hours, after which we wash them in the machine.
- Soda + soap. First, rub half a piece of brown laundry soap on a coarse grater, then mix the shavings with 5 tbsp / l of soda, and then dissolve the mixture in a saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Dip the towels into the boiling solution, make a small fire and simmer the fabric for an hour, stirring occasionally. Next, we wash it in a typewriter, if necessary.
How and what can you whiten baby clothes at home – all the best harmless bleaching methods
Video: How to wash and bleach kitchen towels?
Whiteness, cleanliness and pleasant smell of kitchen towels – some tips from good housewives
And, of course, a few “life hacks” for good housewives:
- Don’t throw dirty towels in the laundry basket for a week – wash immediately. It is better to soak kitchen textiles overnight than to leave them in the basket, where you will safely forget about them, and the towel itself will acquire a musty smell, which only a vinegar solution can then cope with.
- Boiling is a great way to remove stains, but only for towels that have already been washed. First, washing, then boiling.
- If you add starch to the water while soaking, then the towels are better washed, and after washing they will less get dirty and wrinkled.
- Don’t use your own towels instead of potholders – so they will keep their cleanliness and appearance in general longer.
- Dry kitchen towels (if possible) outside – this way they will stay fresh longer.
- If you do not want to use fabric softener due to its “chemical content”, you can use baking soda mixed with 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Don’t use the same towels for wiping hands, dishes, fruits, as potholders and for covering food.
- Don’t use terry towels in your kitchen – they lose their neat appearance too quickly and absorb dirt quite easily.
- The boiling method cannot be used for colored towels, as well as textiles with decorations, embroidery, etc.
- Ironing towels after washing prolongs their purity.
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article – we hope it was useful to you. Please share your feedback and advice with our readers!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!