Tattoo removal is possible without scars
For a person who decides to get a tattoo, the main task is to do it safely, painlessly – and, if possible, without a trace. There are not many such methods, but they are still there.
You can learn about most of them from this article.
The content of the article:
- Basic rules for tattooing
- Contraindications to tattoo removal
- 7 ways to remove a tattoo in the salon
- Tattoo removal at home
Basic rules for mixing a tattoo – factors affecting effectiveness
All tattoos can be removed in one way or another. The only question is how successfully the tattoo will be removed, and what consequences this process will entail.
There are several factors that affect the success of tattooing:
- The age of the tattoo.
- Color of the skin.
- Location of the tattoo.
- Tattoo color.
- The ability of the human body to regenerate.
The easiest way to remove tattoos is for people with fair skin. Tattoos are best removed on areas such as arms, legs, chest, and buttocks. The easiest way is to remove a fresh tattoo. By the way, you can remove an unsuccessful eyebrow tattoo too.
The complexity of the process also depends on the ability of the human body to regenerate and the color of the tattoo. The easiest way is to display a monochromatic pattern of black, red, purple and dark blue.
Accordingly, a multi-colored old tattoo on dark skin will be difficult to remove.
Contraindications to tattoo removal
Unfortunately, the list of contraindications is huge:
- Diseases of the skin.
- Injuries at the site of the tattoo.
- Predisposition to keloid scars.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Fresh tan.
- Diseases from the field of oncology.
- Pregnancy, lactation period.
- Diabetes mellitus in the phase of decompensation.
- Diseases of the blood.
- Infectious diseases.
- Taking medications that are photosensitizers.
- Thrombosis, varicose veins at the site of the tattoo.
- Also, tattoos are not removed until a person is 18 years old.
- The presence of “golden threads”.
If it is not possible to remove the tattoo due to contraindications, do not rush to get upset!
There are many methods for masking unwanted skin patterns:
- With the help of ordinary cosmetics.
- With the help of special cosmetics for tattoos.
You cannot use tattoo masking methods only if it is still fresh. You can apply cosmetics or self-tanning to the tattoo site only after it has completely healed.
7 effective ways to remove tattoos in a salon or clinic
1. Laser tattoo removal
It is the most common method.
The procedure itself is quite simple: the tattoo removal master runs a laser over the tattooed area. Then skin regeneration comes into play.
Over the course of a month, the body fights the tattoo on its own, the drawing gradually loses its color, and the skin in this area turns pale.
The number of sessions depends on the size, color, age, location of the tattoo. Anesthesia is performed at the request of the client.
Price for the procedure in the salon: 1000-3000 rub. in one session. Complete tattoo removal may take 5-10 procedures.
Video: Laser tattoo removal
The advantages of this method include:
- The ingress of infection is excluded.
- In most cases, no scars remain.
- The procedure is less painful than many of its counterparts.
- Risk of burns if the laser is used incorrectly.
2. Surgical removal
An effective method. When removing a small tattoo, the procedure involves removing the thinnest layers of the epidermis and dermis with a special device – a dermatome.
Over time, the removed integument is restored.
Another surgical method is dermis augmentation
This is not a fast process. The method is good for its effectiveness.
The dermis augmentation procedure is as follows: an incision is made next to the tattoo area, and a rubber balloon – “expander” is inserted into the incision. Then the incision is sutured. The balloon is gradually pumped with gel, and the skin has no choice but to grow.
After a few months, a piece of skin of the right size grows. The balloon is taken out, a section of the tattoo is cut out, the edges are sewn together.
Advantages of the surgical method:
- Effective and reliable removal.
Cons of the surgical method:
- Scars at the site of removal.
- Suitable for small tattoos.
- There is a risk of skin rejection.
- There is a risk of developing inflammation.
This method is often used for shallow tattoos.
The pattern is removed by cutting off the skin. A diamond cutter is used as a removal device.
The grinding procedure is carried out exclusively in salons under local anesthesia.
In total, 2-3 sessions are required for removal.
Pros of dermabrasion:
- An effective and proven method.
- It is relatively cheap.
Cons of dermabrasion:
- Scars and scars often remain after deep tattoos are removed.
- Long recovery.
- The procedure is relatively painful.
- There is a risk of infection.
- Skin discoloration is possible.
4. Cover up
This method involves overlaying the tattoo with flesh-colored paint. This method is applicable only for small drawings.
- As a plus – no scars.
- Minus – large tattoos cannot be covered.
5. Coagulation method
The point of the procedure is to burn out a tattoo using a high frequency current. A dry crust forms on the scorched place, which disappears over time.
Coagulation is performed under local anesthesia.
- The main disadvantage lies in the fact that a scar of the form of a removed tattoo remains on the burnt place, and burns are also possible.
6. Cryosurgical method
The procedure involves the use of liquid nitrogen. The material, impregnated with liquid nitrogen, is leaned against the tattooed area – and held until the skin is covered with an ice crust. Then the dead skin layer is removed.
The procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
- As a disadvantage scars can be noted.
- For dignity you can take the low cost of the procedure.
7. Chemical method
It implies the use of all kinds of ointments that have discoloration properties. The tattoo is pierced with a needle in several places, then ointment is rubbed in.
- The advantage of this method – in the fact that with a high-quality procedure, no scars remain.
- But – it will take a huge amount of time and does not always give a good result.
Removing a tattoo at home – can you remove a tattoo yourself?
In addition to traditional methods of tattoo removal, there are also folk methods.
To clarify which method is best for you to use, you should consult with a specialist! Self-mixing of a tattoo, for the most part, is ineffective, and can lead to disastrous consequences!
- Removing the pattern on the skin with salt. 2 tablespoons of salt are poured into the container, where two tablespoons of water are added. The resulting mixture is applied to a wet sponge and leaned against a previously prepared tattooed area of skin. Then, for 20 minutes, circular movements are made with a sponge in place with a tattoo. The procedure is performed daily. After the end of the procedure, the area must be treated with peroxide and a sterile bandage must be applied.
- Removing a tattoo with iodine. 5% iodine is applied daily, several times a day, to the tattooed area. In no case should you bandage the tattooed area, otherwise you may get burned. Over time, the skin will begin to dry out and flake off. There is no need to remove dried skin layers – they will fall off on their own. Manipulations with iodine must be stopped when a wound forms at the site of the tattoo, from which the ichor seeps. If at the end of the wound healing the outlines of the tattoo are still visible, the procedure can be repeated again.
Do not forget that keeping tattoos at home is extremely dangerous, and can lead to infection! If there are moles, scars, scars, inflammations on the skin, you should not even consider options for home tattoo removal.
The most efficient and safest way is to go to the salon – and choose the option that suits you.
Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article! We will be very pleased if you share your experience or the results of your favorite tattoo removal procedures!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!