The city of Amritsar was founded in the 16th century by Guru Ramdas Ji, who was the fourth Sikh guru. However, this place also has a very important link with the historical perspective of the Hindu epic Ramayana. It is very well believed that Amritsar is also the location of Maharishi Valmiki’s Ashram, where Goddess Sita gave birth to her twins, and since this particular city is very well intertwined with the history of Sikhism, it is of extreme importance for everyone due to the presence of Golden Temple in the city. So, if you are planning a trip to this holy city, then definitely planning your night stay at Amritsar International Hotel is a good idea. And following are some of the best places that you should cover in the city:
- The Golden Temple: This is the most important place to be covered in the city of Amritsar, and undoubtedly, this is the centre of attraction of the city. The best part of this place is that it is open to people belonging to all walks of life and religious affiliation without any doubt. This is one of the most important and visited places in the entire India and comes with an exhibition of spectacular architecture, which is the perfect blend of Hindu and Islamic artistic styles. The water bodies surrounding this particular temple will also be capable of improving the overall beauty element, and visiting this shrine is important because this is the perfect example of serenity with eternal bliss.
- Wagah border:This is one of the best places to visit near the city of Amritsar whenever you are interested in enjoying a patriotic trip. This is located approximately 30 km away from the city centre and is the only road border crossing running between India and Pakistan. Every evening, ceremonies take place over here, which will engage the army personnel from both of these nations, and further, the national flag hoisting will take place on both sides of the border by the soldiers. This is also accompanied by quick and collaborative military exercises, and this practice has been in continuous operation since 1959. This particular ceremony is a very colourful treat for the visitors, and since the seats are never reserved, it is important for people to go at least one hour before the ceremony so that they can enjoy a better view.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum: This is very well dedicated to the lion of Punjab, and the museum is one of the most beautiful summer palaces, which is another very important reason enough to visit this place. Visiting this place is definitely a good idea for everyone because it is very well surrounded by lush green lawns and further comes with a wealth of artefacts for everyone. This museum features paintings, dresses, weapons and coins, along with other important things. Further, people need to have a good understanding of the historical perspective whenever they visit here.
- Khalsa College: This is a century-old college which is perfectly spread across a 300-acre campus, and ultimately, this is a very important edifice which seems straight out of the coffee book. This historical education institution was founded in 1892, and the college has been highly successful in making a significant contribution to the struggle for freedom in the country. In addition to its historical importance, this is also very successful in attracting tourists because of the brilliant architecture associated with it. The building of the college is no less than a massive castle and is an iconic example of the best possible architecture.
- Mata Lal Devi Temple: This is one of the most important places and unique areas of worship that you need to visit in the city of Amritsar. The interesting feature of this place is that it features a good number of signs and Hindu idols that are full of miraculous powers, and ultimately, anyone who will be playing over here will definitely be granted their wishes. This is a very exceptional experience in itself due to the beauty element associated with this particular place.
- Gobindgarh Fort: This is spread across an area of 43 acres and is a perfect landmark attraction in the city of Amritsar. This is directly associated with the historical perspective from the 18th century, and the best part is that it has been highly successful in witnessing the historical changes in this particular city. A good number of food stalls are also very easily available over here, which will provide you with mouthwatering snacks, and if you are not a history buff, then you can definitely plan a visit to this place to have a thrilling photography experience.
- Hall Bazaar: Any trip to the Amritsar can never be complete without visiting the Hall Bazaar because this is one of the iconic places in the entire city. This place provides you with good accessibility to one of the best possible marketplaces, and further, this is a shopper’s paradise, including gadgets, trendy accessories, full curry, bangles, and other associated things that can be easily purchased over here. The style gate of entry in this particular place makes it definitely worth visiting, and the further west is that working in shopping into the narrow lanes of the market will definitely provide you with the overdose of vibrant sights and sounds, which is a perfect experience in itself. It is definitely important for people to make sure that they are perfectly planning the shopping activity in this area because, in addition to it, they will also have accessibility to the famous delicacies of the city without any doubt.
In addition to the above-mentioned points, whenever you are interested in digging deeper into the glimpses of Amritsar, then definitely booking your room at the Amritsar International Hotel is a great idea for individuals so that people can perfectly peek into the enriching experience along with heritage and cultural support.