12 types of body washcloths – the pros and cons of washcloths, how to choose the right one
It would seem that a washcloth and a washcloth are a common item “for 5 kopecks” for body hygiene. However, with the right approach, this little thing, mixing foam from a gel, becomes a scrubber, a massager, and a remedy for ingrown hairs and orange peel. That is, a high-quality washcloth is the best “friend and comrade” for your skin.
Choosing the right loofah together!
The content of the article:
- 4 synthetic body scrubbers
- 8 natural body washcloths
- Washcloth use rules and care
4 types of synthetic body washcloths – the pros and cons of synthetic washcloths
Such washcloths “live” in almost every bathroom – of different shapes and sizes, multi-colored and monochromatic, made of polyester or viscose, nylon, and so on.
Their popularity is due to the following advantages:
- Affordable cost.
- Longer lifespan compared to natural ones.
- Savings in detergent (higher foaming).
- And one of the most significant advantages: such sponges are not an attractive environment for microbes and bacteria. (if you take care of them properly, of course).
- Machine and hand washable.
- Possibility of processing with special means.
- Risk of allergies (especially in a hot bath).
- Risk of poisoning from harmful substances emitted from synthetic sponge.
- Lack of ability to withstand heat.
Choosing a synthetic washcloth – types
1. Foam sponges
Delicate and soft with a rich lather. Of course, they cannot thoroughly wash the body because of their structure, but there are also combined options.
- Sour quickly (if not dried in time).
- They quickly lose their presentation (are torn).
- Too bright foam rubber “bunnies” and “fruits” can cause allergies.
2. Polyethylene scouring pads
Ideal for rough skin. Most often, they are used by a strong half of humanity.
Usually, such washcloths are made quite long and the handles are fixed on both sides – for comfortable washing of the back.
- Too rough (not suitable for sensitive and delicate skin).
- The quality is usually poor.
Also made from polyethylene. Small in size, lightweight and easy to travel, very quick drying and inexpensive – they have become quite popular in Russian bathrooms.
- They quickly lose their presentation (unwind, tear at the base). Perhaps this is their only drawback.
They were invented back in the distant 60s by the enterprising Japanese. A sponge is a “cloth” of specially woven nylon threads.
- Strong and durable.
- Various hardness (you can choose according to your skin).
- They have special additives in the composition for gommage.
- It is convenient to wash (they have access to any part of the body).
- Massage effect.
The washcloth has one drawback – its large size.
8 types of natural body washcloths – advantages and disadvantages
In the last 3-5 years in our country there has been a real (and so far endless) boom in purchases of goods of natural origin. People are tired of synthetics in everything, and they strive for a healthy lifestyle, which includes the use of natural materials in all areas of everyday life.
Of course, a natural washcloth will be “closer to the body”, thanks to herbal useful components, structure and cleansing properties.
Also worth noting is the anti-cellulite and massage effect.
What is cellulite and how to live with it?
True, such washcloths have disadvantages:
- Special care is required.
- Fragility (and sometimes just disposability).
- An ideal environment for the processes of decay and reproduction of bacteria. Moreover, no matter how thoroughly you wash, dry and treat the sponge with special means.
Choosing a natural washcloth – the main types …
Ideal product for cleansing pores, stimulating blood microcirculation and massage quality effect.
- Excellent foaming properties.
- High water absorption properties.
- Long service life.
- No allergy to the material.
- Exfoliating effect.
- The need for careful maintenance.
- Difficult to find on sale.
2. From loofah
A product from a plant called mad cucumber.
- Perfectly and deeply cleanses the skin.
- It has massage and exfoliating properties.
- It has an anti-cellulite effect.
- Accelerates the process of cell regeneration.
- It serves for a long time, has increased strength.
- Rough (not suitable for sensitive skin)
- Requires softening (usually it is simply soaked in hot water 15 minutes before bath).
3. From sisal
Many have heard of the fiber obtained from agave leaves. Typically, these washcloths are cute braided mittens.
Among the advantages are:
- Pronounced anti-cellulite effect.
- Peeling properties and acceleration of blood circulation.
- Long service life.
There are many more disadvantages:
- Increased hardness (too rough sponge). It is not recommended to use it more than twice a week. And for people with an abundance of moles and sensitive skin, it is better to abandon it altogether in favor of a softer washcloth.
- Low foaming.
- Requires soaking in hot water.
- High price.
4. From bast
This bathhouse “masterpiece of naturalism” is made from the lime subcortex. It is generally accepted that such a washcloth is the most useful for the skin of all existing natural ones.
From the pros:
- Deep cleansing of pores.
- Destruction of microbes (approx. – the release of phytoncides during the washing process).
- Exfoliating pronounced effect.
- Low cost.
- Medium hardness and softening in water.
- A short period of “life” (the sponge begins to crumble).
5. From ramie
A bath item crafted from Chinese nettle. Has a mesh structure.
- Anti-cellulite and massage properties.
- Gentle sanding action – gentle cleansing.
- Stimulation of blood circulation.
- Durability and low cost.
Consumers did not find any drawbacks in such washcloths.
6. From birch bark
A useful and effective washcloth that perfectly cleanses the skin.
- It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Has a massage effect.
- Deeply cleanses pores and successfully relieves acne.
- Helps fight orange peel.
- High price.
- Difficult to find on sale.
7. Natural bristle brush
This long-handled brush was very popular during the Soviet era. Its handle and base are made of wood, and the washing part itself is made of natural bristles.
- Deep cleansing.
- Massage pronounced effect.
- Big size.
- Hardness (approx. – not suitable for frequent use).
8. Sea sponges
Very gentle, delicate and pleasant to the body – with a porous soft structure. They perfectly foam and do not cause skin irritation and allergies.
They can be easily used on baby skin or to cleanse delicate facial skin.
But there are also disadvantages:
- Very short life span.
- Very high cost.
- It hardens after drying.
- Requires replacement every 2-3 months.
Of course, these are not all washcloths. There are also examples for hamam, eco-friendly cellulose sponges and so on. The variety is great, and the choice is limited only by the wishes and the size of the wallet.
Rules for using a washcloth for washing the body and caring for it
Even children know that a washcloth, like a comb or a toothbrush, each person has – exclusively own… And, of course, the rules of care apply to her to the same extent as to other personal items.
- We change the washcloth every 2-5 months, in accordance with the material. Artificial can be changed less often, natural – regularly!
- After the washing procedure, be sure to thoroughly rinse the washcloth. and dry no less thoroughly.
- 1-2 times a week we treat the loofah with antiseptic agents or soak in boiling water, if the material allows. You can use a solution of boiling water with vinegar.
- Keep washcloths out of the sun and batteries (we extend its service life).
- Do not use hard washcloths every day! The scrubbing effect can be a real headache if used more than once a week. As well as masks with scrub, it is recommended to use such washcloths 4-5 times a month, so as not to cause irritation and inflammation of the skin.
- Do not unscrew the washcloths during spinning (will lose its shape and appearance)!
- If the material allows, once a week, you can wash the loofah in the washing machine with other things.
And, of course, it is recommended to have several washcloths for different purposes:
- On every day – a soft marine or synthetic sponge.
- For a comfortable back wash – a loofah loofah or a brush with a long handle.
- For anti-cellulite and massage effect – a hard washcloth. For example, from bast or ramie.
- For feet and elbows – a sisal loofah.
How to take a contrast shower for weight loss correctly?
Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article! We will be very pleased if you share your opinion and feedback on your favorite washcloths!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!